The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Apple Silicon

• Atlan_daGonozal
    Atlan_daGonozal
    ✭✭✭
    linuxlady wrote: »
    I do not expect ESO to ever release an ARM binary, but if the current M1s are any indication, ESO will run just fine in Rosetta 2 in newer Macs.

Rosetta 1 was only available for 5 years (2006 to 2011) after the switch from Power PC to x86. I suspect that Rosetta 2 will also only be available for 5 years. So unless Bethesda want's to say good bye to the Mac customers in 2024 they need to release an ARM binary before 2024.
    Edited by Atlan_daGonozal on January 1, 2021 11:03AM
  • MoonlightShadow
    MoonlightShadow
    ✭✭✭
  • Atlan_daGonozal
    Atlan_daGonozal
    ✭✭✭

I have seen that one. Does that mean back to WoW in 5 years? Or having two computer on the desk, a Gaming PC and a macMini?

As I said elsewhere: I planning to buy one more x86 Mac and in 3 … 5 years I see what happened and decide then. Considering that iPhone, iPad and Mac will soon run the same games maybe a new competitor appears and it will be neither WoW or TESO.
  • frnic
    frnic
    Soul Shriven
    I have been a subscriber since beta. I stay though all the Bot wars, and all the negative reviews, and all the Mac Client sucks.

But, since they have decoded not to support figure Macs, I am no longer going to support them.

It's a shame, but I understand, they do not want to spend the money to support a small market compared to the Windows Market. So be it. I will be looking for another game.

BTW: Those talking about WoW. I am running that on my M1 Mini and it runs very well, better than they Intel Client did. I understand EOS is a different beast, but I think the main issue is they made the decision to not support Metal, and now that is the only way to get a client running well on Apple silicone. So, they don't have a Mac team that is up to the challenge - I think that is fairly obvious from the "quality" of the existing Mac Client.

So, "So long and thanks for all the fish". I guess I can run Skyrim for a while anyway... :(
  • henrycupcakerwb17_ESO
    linuxlady wrote: »
    Maybe they should write a new installer for windows arm as boot camp will likely be a thing soon. How about that? People with 1 tb models could give up a third of that to install windows and eso the run windows arm eso natively?

funny, why would I need to waste my resource on running Microsoft Windows instead of macOS ?
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr. Mac Right (finally) tests out eso on an M1. It’s fairly short and lacking much weight, but it’s finally there.
    The ESO segment begins about at the 10 min mark in this video.

https://youtu.be/NLdaLGr_cUo