The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Scattershot damage over time is a mistake :)

maddiniiLuna
maddiniiLuna
✭✭✭✭
The Scattershot catapult is not meant to do damage over time at all. Well it's awkward for me to say this, since i'm not a game director. However, the scattershot was always a support siege, primarily applying a damage debuff. You'd hit the enemy once with it and it as an aoe in a similar fashion to how subterranean assault works. Then it applies a debuff and you shoot again to refresh the debuff.

At least this is how i always saw this siege weapon. Instead of changing the damage it does i'd rather change the debuff it gives to more time on the debuff or whatever. It does make sense to have a DoT component so the debuff re-applies, not going to question that. Just feel like it's the wrong approach, that's all. :)
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add meatbag in as well. No reason siege should create an AOE DOT effect that’s constantly pinging the server looking for targets to effect.