Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to 'choose a guild'

Sindala
Sindala
✭✭✭✭✭
Old time UO player and Istaria current player.
Currently heavily into ESO once more (been around since Beta on and off thru game burnout)
I'm just gonna say i'm "mid-life" and had a few bad experiences with trying to find a guild in the past,

Question is, With the large amount of Guilds about how do you choose which one to apply for?
Is it just pot luck still as all the guild page info seems sort of the same these days?
Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly about luck yes.
    When you'r new or in progress it's easy to find good guild, try one, go disc, speak, if you don't like, try another one etc..

For end-game however, their is very few fixed roaster and most HL player just go around from a disc to another one and they're not often very implicate in guild other than for trial run.
    That actually my problem, I like have a guild with people I play for different thing, but at the point where I'm everyone just chase raid score and don't really worries about the life of one particular guild sadly. I mean it's ok it's their right, but I'm not used to that and now I ask myself if I shouldn't stop these content and go back in newbie guild to help.

I got a bit out of the road buy it should answer to your question :)
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know a big, very friendly (mainly PvE) guild (PC/EU) that also has a lot of middle aged and mature players. Just send an in-game mail to @LeilaHella and tell her that I send you.

Otherwise, just keep joining and leave the guilds you don't like, you never know beforehand how people really are.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Exquisition
    Exquisition
    ✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    Old time UO player and Istaria current player.
    Currently heavily into ESO once more (been around since Beta on and off thru game burnout)
    I'm just gonna say i'm "mid-life" and had a few bad experiences with trying to find a guild in the past,

Question is, With the large amount of Guilds about how do you choose which one to apply for?
    Is it just pot luck still as all the guild page info seems sort of the same these days?

It is luck, but you can check out the zone chat where lot of recruiting is being done. You just read about each guild, till you find one that appeals to you.
    And don't worry about being mid-live. In the guild I am running I have lot of members of 40, 50, 60 + years. And you know what? They are good players as well :smile:
    If you are curious about my guild, just sent me an ingame mail. My username is the same as here: @Exquisition.
    - - GM of Guiild For The Soloiist - -
  • Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭
    It is about what you seek. Your needs. This bit is clear and easy to understand.

Then it is about you: everyone complains about the guilds they join, but very few actually question "What have I done for my guild and what makes me 'better' than that other guy whom I dislike this badly?" As mentioned above by someone else, there are a lot of people in the game who only care about their raids, hopping from Discord to Discord, from guild to guild. At the same time, there are a lot of guild leaders who also want to create a community where people feel belonged, and want to be part of the journey. Contribute and grow the guild. Unfortunately these 2 "there a lot of ..." parties don't mix well: on one side people hopping around a lot, on the other guilds which dislike this kind of attitude... So yea... it is about you (those people who join guilds). After all, it is YOU who make up the guilds, not the leadership. People follow people, not single individuals.
    Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
    ★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
  • CelestialSlayer
    CelestialSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    I’m 41 an avid gamer and would love to join a guild that doesn’t start all their group activities at my children’s bedtime. So if anyone has a guild that understands that life for parents usually starts at 9pm give me a shout.
    Edited by CelestialSlayer on August 15, 2020 1:53PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can take some trial and error as many guilds are poorly run.

The first rule of thumb, if they are not truly a trade guild and have a full, or near full roster, something is wrong. Many casual guilds think they are successful if they have 500 members but in fact, the leadership fails to actually support that that many players and are just too inept to manage the roster properly. Unless it is a trade guild there is no reason to have near 500 members in most guilds.

Second, finding one that fits your interest is just as important. There are guilds at all levels and styles of play in ESO from competitive raid guilds to RP guilds. A good social guild is probably good for most players. Ofc, any guild still requires good leadership to determine what the guild's focus will be and foster an environment to bring that about (refer to first point).

Good luck and enjoy.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    your more than welcome to come say hi in my guild, we are a social guild no trader, come say hi in our discord look around ask questions :)
    https://discord.gg/mX6qu82