The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unleashed terror AOE

TonyDemonLord
TonyDemonLord
✭✭✭
I play as a stamina Dragon Knight so I was wondering if the Unleashed Terror set can be proc on multiple targets at once such as with Dragon Leap or Stampede? I play on Xbox so I can’t test these things myself. Also if Stampede does proc on multiple targets at once does the ground affect stampede leaves also proc it? Any help with this is greatly appreciated
Edited by TonyDemonLord on July 29, 2020 3:07PM
Xbox NA
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello!

Yeah the AOE from stampede does indeed proc the set.

Now check out the Maelstrom 2h.
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    @ketsparrowhawk

Wow, that’s 29k damage over 5 seconds. Combined with the ground affect that stampede leaves, it does crazy high damage
    Xbox NA
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    Now do you also mean that the ground effect also procs Unleashed Terror? Like if an enemy is outside of the initial damage from the stampede attack but ends up walking on the ground affect
    Xbox NA
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    set was changed to 10 seconds with same damage afaik
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now do you also mean that the ground effect also procs Unleashed Terror? Like if an enemy is outside of the initial damage from the stampede attack but ends up walking on the ground affect

@TonyDemonLord Yes the AOE ground effect will proc both unleashed terror and the maelstrom 2h. Tested myself on PTS (edit: turns out my test was flawed. The initial AOE blast procs Unleashed but not the ground dot).

And @Nemesis7884 is right.. Unleashed is now 19k over 10 seconds rather than 5 seconds. Still very strong imo.
    Edited by ketsparrowhawk on July 30, 2020 10:15AM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2k damage / second seems to be +/- the general target for proc sets in the current patch
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@TonyDemonLord Yes the AOE ground effect will proc both unleashed terror and the maelstrom 2h. Tested myself on PTS.

And @Nemesis7884 is right.. Unleashed is now 19k over 10 seconds rather than 5 seconds. Still very strong imo.

does maelstrom also proc aoe e.g. on all targets affected by teh stampede aoe? They way it reads it seems to indicate only 1 target, nice if its aoe too
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nemesis7884 I believe so. I just logged into PTS to test again to make sure.

I placed two target dummies next to each other, cast stampede on just one of them.. they're both standing in AOE. CMX shows 15 ticks of Merciless Charge on both dummies. Merciless Charge only has a 5s duration, so one assumes it is getting refreshed by the ground AOE.. although it's getting refreshed a 3rd time which I wouldn't expect. Unleashed Terror also ticks on both dummies, 10x each.
  • TonyDemonLord
    TonyDemonLord
    ✭✭✭
    @ketsparrowhawk thanks so much for your help
    Xbox NA
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I placed two target dummies next to each other, cast stampede on just one of them.. they're both standing in AOE. CMX shows 15 ticks of Merciless Charge on both dummies. Merciless Charge only has a 5s duration, so one assumes it is getting refreshed by the ground AOE.. although it's getting refreshed a 3rd time which I wouldn't expect. Unleashed Terror also ticks on both dummies, 10x each.

Your forgetting the stampede aoe dot lasts 10s long, every tick of the dot refreshes the MA proc to 5s, there is no cd so it's actually refreshing at least 10 times with the last tick giving the +5s resulting in a total of 15 ticks per target.

Your test didn't prove if the aoe dot from Stampede refreshes Unleashed Terror, based on the sets description, it sounds like only the direct damage from stampede counts, which is now an aoe hit instead of single target this pts. To test if the aoe dot works, you'd need to cast it one more time within the 10s to see if it was able to proc a second time from the 10s ground dot overlapping the sets CD from stampede. My guess is it doesn't.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on July 30, 2020 1:25AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your forgetting the stampede aoe dot lasts 10s long, every tick of the dot refreshes the MA proc to 5s, there is no cd so it's actually refreshing at least 10 times with the last tick giving the +5s resulting in a total of 15 ticks per target.

Your test didn't prove if the aoe dot from Stampede refreshes Unleashed Terror, based on the sets description, it sounds like only the direct damage from stampede counts, which is now an aoe hit instead of single target this pts. To test if the aoe dot works, you'd need to cast it one more time within the 10s to see if it was able to proc a second time from the 10s ground dot overlapping the sets CD from stampede. My guess is it doesn't.

the set says only the direct damage of a leap, charge etc. applies it - probably for this very reason
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah yeah I didn't realize the maelstrom 2h has no cooldown. That explains it! Seems like the initial AOE blast procs Unleashed but not the ground AOE.