The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

NB Passive Hemorrhage

ScruffyWhiskers
ScruffyWhiskers
✭✭✭✭✭
All the NB passives are magicka and stamina agnostic except this one. Is there some way to throw magicka a bone for this one? Minor Prophecy maybe?

WITH AN ASSASSINATION ABILITY SLOTTED
Increases damage dealt by Critical Damage done by 10%.

Dealing Critical Damage grants you and your group Minor Savagery, increasing Weapon Critical Strike rating by 1320 for 20 seconds.

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All classes have a minor buff that they can apply to teammates. In the case of the nighblade is Minor Savagery. Minor Prophecy is the sorcerer minor buff.
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    This passive is one of the class passives that give the unique minor buffs. The others being

Sorcerer - Exploitation - Minor Prophecy
    Templar - Illuminate - Minor Sorcery
    Dragonknight - Mountain's Blessing - Minor Brutality
    Warden - Maturation - Minor Toughness

They are specifically set up so that there is only one source of each (outside of poisons) to promote class diversity and as such I would assume the addition of minor prophecy to this is off the table.

I also don't really see the need for the passives to all be mag/stam agnostic. There is certainly room for them to be stronger or weaker for Magicka/Stamina. A converse example is Magicka Flood, which while I guess is still helpful for a Stamina Nightblade, is definitely more impactful on a Magicka Nightblade.

Nightblade is better off than most other classes in this regard to begin with - just take a look at some of the other passives above - Exploitation and Illumination only give the minor buff, so are of almost no use to the stamina counterparts. Whereas at least Hemorrhage has the bonus critical damage that is universally useful.

(For reference, I am a Magblade main, so such an improvement be of benefit to me. However, while I do think maybe Magblade does need help, I don't think this passive in particular is where it needs it)

• ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, ok Thanks guys. I've played since the beginning of the game but I didn't notice that pattern since I only play NB. The asymmetry is a little annoying. Does a mag sorc need a lucky bonus? Should switch them around and let stam sorc and mag nb get the synergy for solo.

And I do think the class passives should be stam and magicka agnostic. Or at least even in terms of usefulness if you want to specialize them. I actually liked the game better before the great schism stamina was made its own separate skill pool but that's just me.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must have missed the stamina bonus you get from Magicka Flood
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    they just need to make it work without a assassination ability slotted so we can play NB WW.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must have missed the stamina bonus you get from Magicka Flood

I'd have no problems with them making it grant 8% stamina too. :) But yeah, I see your point. Guess I still have bad feelings about the old Khajiit passive not giving spell crit before they changed the passives a few years ago. Had to go to Dunmer and never got my tail back. Too lazy to change now.

Edit: Although to be honest, +8% magicka isn't exactly useless on a stam blade. +weapon crit and damage is useless on a mag blade.
    Edited by ScruffyWhiskers on July 29, 2020 4:01PM