The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sustain, Blood for blood, and something for vampire other than eRP.

Jodynn
Jodynn
✭✭✭✭✭
Sustain is trash on PTS without blood for blood on magDK and I'm sure many other classes.

Blood for blood was gutted because it was either too powerful in the eyes of the developers or because they wanted people to use other spammables.

My suggestion is, for one, to make it not a useless skill, but two, also make other spammables viable.

Blood for Blood, make it still cost magicka and a reverse execute multipler: the more health you have the more it hurts, probably like 10%.

Controlled Frenzy ( morph of frenzy I imagine remove the one that heals )

No longer grants damage or makes you unable to heal, instead make spammables all cost health while toggled.

This means stam could be a vampire if they wanted,
This means I can use whip instead of blood for blood but still be a vampire.
This means you can literally not butcher one of the only things vampire has going for it.
This would open many possibilities for builds.
Jodynn PC NA
PvE and PvP MagDK
The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • drakthir
    drakthir
    ✭✭✭
    Errr, that would cause the exact same problem as we had before, if everyone has access to a health costing spammable they will use it instead of the other spammables which is why its gettign the terrible nerf,. The problem we has was everyone was forced into using vampire because of the passives, then they got rid of those with the update.
    What you suggest will just 'force' everyone into being a vampire again so they can use whatever spammable they want but with health costs . They don't want everyone to be running vampire whether its for the old sustain passives or for a 'free' spammable
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drakthir wrote: »
    Errr, that would cause the exact same problem as we had before, if everyone has access to a health costing spammable they will use it instead of the other spammables which is why its gettign the terrible nerf,. The problem we has was everyone was forced into using vampire because of the passives, then they got rid of those with the update.
    What you suggest will just 'force' everyone into being a vampire again so they can use whatever spammable they want but with health costs . They don't want everyone to be running vampire whether its for the old sustain passives or for a 'free' spammable

Better than being a trash skill line or forced to use one spam instead of your choice.
    Edited by Jodynn on July 28, 2020 8:10PM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure how they fix this... Having a health based spammable was a problem because of healing skills. You use your health and the healer tops you back up. Imagine if a healer could restore your magicka with that much efficiency? It essentially amounts to a free spammable.

The other issue is, how do you make is something unique, fun, and Vampirey that isn't the same as other stuff already in the game?

I personally think a better solution would have been to balance Blood For Blood against Balance/Spell Symmetry.

For example:

Spell Symmetry's text reads:

Cast Time: Instant
    Target: Self
    Cost: 6000 Health
    Skill description
    Barter with Oblivion to trade vitality for power, sacrificing your Health in exchange for 3000 Magicka. After the exchange is complete, the cost of your next Magicka Ability is reduced by 33% for 5 seconds. The exchange reduces your Healing Done and damage shield strength by 50% for 4 seconds.

Given that the cost for health to magicka in spell symmetry is 2/1 respectively Blood for Blood should be more like:

Cast Time: Instant
    Target: Enemy
    Range: Maximum range: 5 meters
    Cost: 2295 4590 Health
    Skill description
    Rend an enemy, dealing X Magic Damage. Deals up to 100% more damage based on your missing Health. The exchange reduces your Healing Done and damage shield strength by 50% for 4 seconds.

If they give it a 4590 Health cost it can still be used, but not with impunity, and you also reduce your healing and shield strength as a balance. This would also make skills that cost health (essentially in exchange for magicka) consistent.

As for Frenzy...

I think the design is kind of bad to begin with. It is either too strong and everyone uses it, or it is too weak/dangerous and nobody uses it. Maybe if they change the spell damage buff to crit chance or penetration (like with Balorgh) so there is a ceiling to the power gained and then lower the cost, so it is a usable buff? Or maybe make it cut off at 50% health instead of when you don't have enough health...
    Playing since beta...
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    The other issue is, how do you make is something unique, fun, and Vampirey that isn't the same as other stuff already in the game?

Well they could make it more vampire like but then it'd mimic the Dragonknight Flame Lash skill. Like if you think of it when you target an immobilized or off balance target with Flame Lash the skill turns into Power Lash which heals you for over 14k health over 2 seconds and deals extra damage to the target. That kind of mechanic reminds me of a vampire getting their hands on a target that can't move and sinking their fangs into them to suck their blood.

Instead of delving into vampire tropes like that ZOS decided to turn it on its head and make it so the more injured you are the more damage you deal instead of giving you interesting mechanics like what I typed in the paragraph above.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bfb should've had a synergy to make it strong, instead of it being strong as its base. If they had made the kit feed off of itself more alot of this would've been avoided.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This means you can literally not butcher one of the only things vampire has going for it.

This also means your specific build and playstyle will get buffed while others nerfed.

Can't forget that one, now can we?
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

This also means your specific build and playstyle will get buffed while others nerfed.

Can't forget that one, now can we?

What exactly am I nerfing?
    One morph of frenzy I suppose, which if it's so substantial to people it can remain, I just never hear of anyone using it.
    Or that blood for blood healing debuff for 5 seconds that kills you in most content since you can't be healed?
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's great but uh

ERP?

Were these skills being used for erotic roleplay somehow...?

On a more serious note, I don't know how they should change these skills. Blood for Blood was a little unappealing for a vampire potato like me as it was, but I could appreciate that it was useful for higher-skill play. The changes in this patch means I will absolutely never touch the morph.