The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[snip] what the game should do!

nk125x
nk125x
✭✭✭✭✭
1: 180 degree changes ONe Tamriel - Proc Meta - Tank Meta - Dot Meta and (Drum roll) Proc meta again. I guess in December the Proc set nerfs will happen

2: 180 degree changes within a pts cycle as the bleeding obvious is pointed out - Caluurion's Legacy and Red Mountain are examples only lasting 2 weeks

3: These AOE tests....... ( or Lets nerf ball groups again to see igf that makes it better)

It took me exactly 5 minutes [snip] to figure out how ball groups would get around this and I ain't the smartest kid on the block.
The GCD is 1 second - That means 2 extra skills can be fired in the 1st skill cooldown. - Simple, every member of the ball group has an aoe, a heal and purge. Now everybody rotates around those 3 skills. In a 12 man group if everything is timed correctly the group will fire 4 aoe's/4 heals and 4 purges every second whilst abusing the proc set meta.
This to me seams like it wont help the lag.

4: In MYM, Cyrodiil performance was not to bad. As soon as it ended performance went down the toilet. Obviously server resources were switched off. WHY?, Please switch them back on.

[snip]

I personally would like to see Gina and her group do a vet dlc dungeon on hard mode to prove me wrong

[edited for bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 27, 2020 8:29PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feeling this too personally. I'll go on record saying I supported most of the changes I saw a year ago and the general prospect of using standardized math to design cost and damage of abilities/sets. That made sense, other games do this all the time without you realizing it, it's what should of been used from the beginning of the game. I saw it as a sign that spell crafting would finally be possible..

What I didn't anticipate is their standards to be so flimsy, they flip flop like a fish out of water.

I didn't anticipate for them to almost completely destroy dots by making them way too strong (despite popular opinion at the time) to completely weaker a patch later, weaker than they've ever been before standards.

I didn't anticipate a new chapter to only offer a digging mini game that people max out in 6 hours to collect mythic items that behave as only stat bumps instead of actually providing unique gameplay mechanics like you'd expect from other games.

After playing Divinity 2 a lot recently, especially with mods, I've learned how truely interesting skill mechanics can be when interacting with each other and when a full class kit is planned out well. Combos, status effects, etc, that play off each other.

Almost nothing in this game works that way, everything is just "x damage, -x cost, minor/major buff, etc", very standalone and replaceable, which while may be nice for being versatile, it does nothing to serve actual fun gameplay mechanics. I feel like that's why class identity in this game is such a large issue, everything is slowly changed piece by piece over the course of years with no real true purpose to the entire package.

It's why I'm not completely satisfied as a Stam Sorc main with Bound Armaments or Crystal Weapon, despite wishing for unique morphs for 5 years. It's why it feels like such a huge slap in the face to get rehashed mechanics of existing skills instead of something truely unique like Hurricane, Crit Surge, Streak and Overload were back in their inception, they're what drew me to the class and if I was a new player, I can't say BA or Crystal Weapon would entice me the same way.

As a long time player they're very disappointing with the only semblance of cohesive identity somehow related to "light attacks".. Well unfortunately, every class light attack weaves, that's kinda the entire crux of this game so I don't find that particularly unique in the slightest bit.

For context, in a popular Divinity 2 mod for Aerothurge Magic (shock/wind) they created a status effect called "conductive" which reduces air resistance by -15%, certain air skills when interacting with a conductive enemy would create forked lightning to nearby targets for minor damage. There is ways to stun targets by applying the shocked status effect twice to them.

WHY is something like this so difficult for ZOS to design? What does Crystal Weapon even do that's interedting? Single target damage that heals, has cost reduction and shreds armor. Oh wow, interesting, I'll be able to shift stats around on my gear/CP. It's so poorly thought out, but because we're so use to having nothing, so many players are happy with the way it is and I fear it will remain as boring as possible as a result.

I didn't anticipate skills to get so weak, healing in PvP to be reduced so low across the board, and proc sets to get so strong that players feel stronger building for free damage from proc sets than they do using their actual skills. That is simply bad design.

It's just so disappointing to see the potential of this massive, amazing game squandered due to poor design decisions. [snip]

Nerf nerf nerf nerf. There is only so long people can handle this type of treatment and they're going to feel it next patch when they inevitably nerf all the damage proc sets for over performing.

[Edit for Bashing.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on July 28, 2020 6:55PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you blaming @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    She’s not in charge of balance changes and is as much a victim as everyone else. She was visibly upset when The balance team was talking about the permafrost nerf.
    [snip]
    Don’t shoot the messenger.

[Edit for Bashing.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on July 28, 2020 6:54PM