The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Here we go again - STUCK in "Requesting Character Load"

• Harti4ever
    Harti4ever
    ✭✭
    You can prevent falling back to the login screen by clicking to the "Char load screen" every few minutes :blush:

I need a programmable keyboard to press enter every 60 seconds :lol:

But reading the forum while waiting for the character to load is funny!

/Harti
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    [Quoted post was removed]

@barney2525 why are you being deliberately obtuse on several threads? They've stated both on the banner and on twitter that maintenance is done and the servers are up.

I don't tweet and I'm not dumb enough to think I will get instant access when the thousands of players in the game all try to log in at the same time.

People need to either grow up or get a grip. It's just a Game. There is NOTHING here that is worth stress, anger or outrage.

Waiting a bit so the servers can handle the load is common sense. You are not going to miss Anything.

:#

Yeah because the server will remain unavailable for European players until about midnight, which means a full day of not playing as well as no event tickets for us. But screw European players I guess, we don't count and never did.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on July 28, 2020 5:07PM
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waiting a bit so the servers can handle the load is common sense. You are not going to miss Anything.

For some people those 3 tickets are important. In EU it's already 9 PM in some places, and there's also people working that were not counting on a 11 hours maintenance during an event. Your perceived empathy for ZoS's side isn't going to be taken well...
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    38 minutes trying to Login now.. still waiting.. :|
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same, can't login for 30 mins or so
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is it. I am unsubscribing. See you guys.

Have fun, and good luck against Zenimax.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can get into NA but not EU.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news everyone, AoE like sweeps, steel tornado and pulsar will get an 3 second global cooldown.
    Sounds like an drug fueled nightmare and its true.
    However the good news is no more wait for login >:)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Radka
    Radka
    ✭✭✭
    Cant logging in, PC EU, can we get those free 3 tickets now?
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24899177_Wy4KE8GX8fn90jC.png?1595877124

PC EU
    I can wait, it's fine.. just a bit sad.. :disappointed:
    Edited by kadochka on July 27, 2020 7:12PM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• ZamanShah
    ZamanShah
    ✭✭
    I dont understand this zenimax.
    Their servers suck big time.
    Becuase of them we get less game content, bugged game and absolute nightmare loading screens.

[Snip]. Bethesda shouldnt be riding on your shoulders becuase they cant reach their full potential on them.

Its totally unfair how e.u players have to wait so long to log in. Its 8pm in london now and the servers been down the whole day. Hell i just want to log in to get my 3 event tickets but looks like ill miss out on it.

Its really unfair for us e.u players having to wait for your [Snip] servers and server providers to boot up.
    Couldnt this *** be done in a more convenient time?
    Sometimes i feel sorry for bethesda having to put up with these online servers. Eso has so much wasted potential.

Sorry for the rant but as a eso plus member i should get compensation for the time/days lost or at oeast extend my eso plus membership to cover these lost days. This is not one day in the whole year that the game doesnt work.
    I want a compensation or extension for all the days lost to maintence problems and patch day disasters and other silly reasons why your servers are down.

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 28, 2020 4:47PM
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, PC/NA Update, after 2 _MORE_ bouts of FINALLY getting to the character log in and then sitting at character load for 10mins apiece, I am FINALLY in. Many guild members still being kicked back to log in without any error message though, and to the genius that has felt the need to comment inane crap on several posts about " they said 3pm... no suprise it isn't up before then" dude.... seriously.... give it a rest already. if they say it's up- it is supposed to be up. if it's too many folks trying to log in at once we get time-out messages. this? we are getting nothing. You have nothing valuable to contribute to this conversation so find somewhere else to troll. Good grief. lol
    Edited by AyeshaBelladonna on July 27, 2020 7:16PM
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    Bye-bye tickets for today :wink:
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • Shokner
    Shokner
    ✭✭✭
    Radka wrote: »

Free and ZOS never goes together.
  • Andreakos
    Andreakos
    ✭✭✭
    This is going to happens once the server gets fixed again.

tumblr_pncbrbbk0a1r5zq6ao2_500.gif
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem everybody else is. /sigh
    EU server. I got in on both my accounts on NA.
    Edited by DarcyMardin on July 27, 2020 7:21PM
  • AlgolStar
    AlgolStar
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, unfortunately.
  • conor.p.bradleyb16_ESO
    This is laughable
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    The first log-in after a patch is always going to be long due to the database updating (length is dependent on the number of characters you have, and as I've noticed, how many different accounts you have, which increases the number of characters being updated).

How long are you guys getting stuck? Is it endless, or just multiple minutes?
    Is everyone just hyper-sensitive to waiting, after waiting all morning, or is there actually a problem?

Endless, until it times out and kicks you back to sign-in.
  • Radka
    Radka
    ✭✭✭
    Shokner wrote: »
    Radka wrote: »

Free and ZOS never goes together.

I know...
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One hour and counting.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    bearbelly wrote: »
    The first log-in after a patch is always going to be long due to the database updating (length is dependent on the number of characters you have, and as I've noticed, how many different accounts you have, which increases the number of characters being updated).

How long are you guys getting stuck? Is it endless, or just multiple minutes?
    Is everyone just hyper-sensitive to waiting, after waiting all morning, or is there actually a problem?

Endless, until it times out and kicks you back to sign-in.

Well, it seems my post was irrelevant, anyway, since I didn't notice that this is focused on PC/EU, which, regardless of how it's "supposed" to work, is a completely different animal than NA.

That, and I should know better by now than to engage with raging forum-people.
  • Iskaldt
    Iskaldt
    ✭✭✭
    such a long maintainance for no patch or anything and we end up stuck on Requesting character load.. wth
  • Neriak
    Neriak
    ✭✭✭
    ZamanShah wrote: »

Sorry for the rant but as a eso plus member i should get compensation for the time/days lost or at oeast extend my eso plus membership to cover these lost days. This is not one day in the whole year that the game doesnt work.
    I want a compensation or extension for all the days lost to maintence problems and patch day disasters and other silly reasons why your servers are down.

as a new player (and eso+) I don't get it either, why people here are so hesitant when it comes to compensations. If I pay for 30 days, I should be able to play 30 days, not 28 and not 27. It doesn't get hella more complicated than that ;)
    If the game/login server was down over 12 hours, there should be compensation!

And for anyone saying things like.. "oh, it's just 30cents\day" - yeah, you're right! Compensating our playtime wouldn't cost ZOS a dime! So why not?.................... :p
    Energy powers future motion.
    Dynamic forces spur change.
    Nature encourages mutual dependence.
    Balanced systems stimulate civilization.

PC EU
  • Anastasiel
    Anastasiel
    ✭✭
    EU, stuck on Requesting character load +(
  • Shomenuchi
    Shomenuchi
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe EU PC DID burn out and you have managed to fry sausages at least?
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hmmmmm. my clock says its not yet 2pm CST - which is 3 pm EST

why are people complaining about not getting in when ... well .... right now they are not Supposed to be able to get in

weird

@barney2525 why are you being deliberately obtuse on several threads? They've stated both on the banner and on twitter that maintenance is done and the servers are up.

I don't tweet and I'm not dumb enough to think I will get instant access when the thousands of players in the game all try to log in at the same time.

People need to either grow up or get a grip. It's just a Game. There is NOTHING here that is worth stress, anger or outrage.

barney, you're not on the EU server, so you have not waited all day to get back on and then still not been able to and this hasn't, already, happened to you multiple times previously.

You're not having to always read, during all that, that everything is fine on the other server, on the other side of the Atlantic, as it almost always is.

You're not still dealing with all this at 8.30pm, or 9.30pm (your time), while the people on the other side of the Atlantic were back on at 3.00pm (their time).

We all know it's just a game, but some of us are paying a sub and are still experiencing this continuing unequal treatment and lack of ability to access the product we pay for, for entire days at a time, on a regular basis and nothing is ever done to prevent it happening again.

...and yes, people who can't log on will miss their tickets for today, so they will miss something.

That may not be that important, to you, but it's simply not true that they are not going to miss anything.

Not to mention that they will miss playing the game itself and will have wasted time trying to log in, for nothing.
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iv'e now got an unexplained internal error!!!!!

ZOS great job
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 28, 2020 5:02PM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spearpoint wrote: »
    Bye-bye tickets for today :wink:

Bye-bye tickets n bye-bye daily login reward, maybe...

I might try to login later on.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Muirwen
    Muirwen
    ✭✭
    Finally got some decent bandwidth and latency on my holiday location, only to find ZOS screwed up again :s
This discussion has been closed.