The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Moving ESO to a different Steam account?

Vita
Vita
Soul Shriven
I have two Steam accounts and I was wondering if its possible to move ESO to my second account. Through searching I've found topics saying you need to contact support to unlink Steam, but the topics are a few years out of date. The linked accounts page asks a security question when I hit unlink, so I'm guessing its an automated process now? More importantly, after unlinking my first account am I able to link my second account instead, or is the only option to re-link the original account? I understand I would need to own ESO on the second account.
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• WinkingSkeever
    WinkingSkeever
    Soul Shriven
    when im trying to link:
    There was a problem linking your account. Please try again later or contact support. :'(
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when im trying to link:
    There was a problem linking your account. Please try again later or contact support. :'(

As mentioned above in the first post, you'll have to buy a copy of the base game on Steam in order to link, @WinkingSkeever.
  • WinkingSkeever
    WinkingSkeever
    Soul Shriven
    when im trying to link:

As mentioned above in the first post, you'll have to buy a copy of the base game on Steam in order to link, @WinkingSkeever.

Thank you, I have already purchased a copy of the base game on Steam. Maybe I didn't unlink it correctly, because when I entered the game from Steam after purchasing, "That User ID has either already been linked to a different Steam account", is there anything else I need to do?qlzd0tx7us4f.png
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @WinkingSkeever

If you could go ahead and open up a ticket with us at help.elderscrollsonline.com a member of our support team can look into this further for you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post