The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Decent Vampire Suggestion?

Ryuvain
Ryuvain
✭✭✭✭✭
Been thinking a lot about how stage 4 doesn't feel like a strong point to be at right now. Imo stage 3 Is best of you want the damage reduction (which helps against fire) or stage 2 If you want the sneak/invis buff.

I don't want to touch the cost increase/reduction since it's a great tradeoff and we don't want vamp to be a free take again.

What if we switched the health regen debuff around but buffed it as well? For example it would be -95% at stage 1 and 150(?)% at stage 4. This would help quite a few things with vamp overall.

Full vamps would get help with self healing and have regeneration to use with all their health costing abilities.
Stage 1 vamps would feel a bit weaker since you don't heal up passively but it's also not turned off completely.

Cost changes are still in place so that stage 4 isn't a straight upgrade, but would be better if you like vampire moves.

Would this be a good change or no?
Edited by Ryuvain on July 24, 2020 7:45PM
That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.

Decent Vampire Suggestion? 8 votes

Yes, good change.
50%
Anthony_ArndtPrincess_of_DarknessOpalbladeCurcubicolor 4 votes
No, bad idea.
37%
wild_kmacdb16_ESOVevvevESO_Nightingale 3 votes
Don't care.
12%
Jierdanit 1 vote
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, bad idea.
    I believe the reason stage 4 has no health regeneration is to convey that the vamp is totally undead at that point - their blood has stopped flowing. I don't think it makes sense to flip that effect with Stage 1.

If anything, I'd make vamp abilities get slightly more powerful with each stage, maybe with stage 4 giving a bonus effect to vamp skills. Of course, slightly better mediocre abilities still isn't a real compelling case for stage 4 either.

But at the end of the day, even stage 1 vamp will be a hard sell after the BfB nerf. You will be incurring multiple penalties for a bunch of trash skills, so adding another penalty on top will kill off the vamp pop even more.