The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Winterborn bugged?

Ectheliontnacil
Ectheliontnacil
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Testing the set on pts I noticed to things:

- It doesn't proc from frost glyphs, idk if this is indented or not.
- It does way less damage than it's supposed to. On my sorc caluurion did over two times the damage (despite not having double the tooltip) and this was not on a shock proc and not against a vampire so no additional dmg bonus.

Anyone notice this? Am I getting something wrong or is the set bugged?
Edited by Ectheliontnacil on July 22, 2020 9:02PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you post a log or combat metrics screenshot?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try using both Combat Metrics (CMX) and Combat Log to record your testing results, @Ectheliontnacil.

Combat Metrics didn't show my Winterborn procs ... but Combat Log did (see below).

By the way I was using a Winterborn Inferno Staff with Frost Enchant ... and mostly used light/heavy attack, Flame Clench, and Flame Wall of Elements on an Abyssal Geyser.

The tooltip damage on Caluurion's is 13.4k and Winterborn is 7.4k. That's almost double when I do my math.

k83jbDN.png

• Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you post a log or combat metrics screenshot?

I will once I get the chance. :)
    Try using both Combat Metrics (CMX) and Combat Log to record your testing results, @Ectheliontnacil.

Combat Metrics didn't show my Winterborn procs ... but Combat Log did (see below).

By the way I was using a Winterborn Inferno Staff with Frost Enchant ... and mostly used light/heavy attack, Flame Clench, and Flame Wall of Elements on an Abyssal Geyser.

The tooltip damage on Caluurion's is 13.4k and Winterborn is 7.4k. That's almost double when I do my math.

k83jbDN.png

Yeah I know caluurion is close to twice as much damage. But still the dmg is lower and if i recall correctly caluurion was hitting for 5,3k and winterborn for 2,4k when I tested it on a friend (he isn't nord either). So more than twice the damage.

Also other abilities are comparatively stronger than winterborn when looking at the ratio of tooltip damage to actual in combat damage.

One possible answer might be that caluurions tooltip doesn't take the elemental expert cp into account since it can also deal disease dmg...I'll have to check that.
    Still doesn't explain why it has lower dmg than non crit abilities (maybe the combustion passive doesn't work on procs?).
    Or maybe winterborn is actually bugged... I really don't know but it's performing underwhelmingly atm.

Also it not proccing on enchants should be looked into regardless.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I mentioned, it was proccing on Frost Glyph enchant for me.

I was using only flame skills and flame light/heavy attacks on the Inferno Staff with Frost Enchant (purposely avoiding Warden ice skills).
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As I mentioned, it was proccing on Frost Glyph enchant for me.

I was using only flame skills and flame light/heavy attacks on the Inferno Staff with Frost Enchant (purposely avoiding Warden ice skills).

Have you tried using it on anything outside of warden? Warden has a guaranteed proc of chilled when using frost dmg afaik.
    I was testing it on my magblade and it didn't work.

I really hope I wasn't accidentally using another enchant, that would be really embarrassing.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also try using force pulse which has a built-in frost damage component and Should proc the set.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    Also try using force pulse which has a built-in frost damage component and Should proc the set.

Yeah that works. But if you want to use it on say a magblade you really don't want to drop swallow soul. :)
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does it legitimately deal less damage than intended? It should have gotten more damage. Not lost some.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • tiirion419
    tiirion419
    Soul Shriven

There is an anomaly with winterborn that doesnt appear to be too well known. the tooltip damage scales with Master at Arms but the actual damage as measured on a dummy with cmx scales from Thaumaturge.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tiirion419 wrote: »
    There is an anomaly with winterborn that doesnt appear to be too well known. the tooltip damage scales with Master at Arms but the actual damage as measured on a dummy with cmx scales from Thaumaturge.

Oh really? Well thanks for pointing this out. Hope it gets fixed. :)
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah that works. But if you want to use it on say a magblade you really don't want to drop swallow soul. :)

Well you don't wat to use WBorn on magblade. Unless for so wiered RP reasons.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well you don't wat to use WBorn on magblade. Unless for so wiered RP reasons.
    @UrbanMonk
    It has a 10k tooltip, guaranteed proc every 6s and great 2-4pc bonuses. Pair it with Kjalnar and Malacath and I think it's a very decent setup.
    Once they fix the bugs that is.
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on July 24, 2020 12:35PM