The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

DK - Great Job!

Abyssmol
Abyssmol
✭✭✭✭✭
Great change ZOS! Dks not only are the DOT class, but now they are also the healer class. More heal than BOL under 50% health. I like it! Now plz start working on making the DK the DOT, healer, assassin class...
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breath of life should be the single best heal in the game. It's THE reason to play (magicka) templar since the launch of the game, yet it has seen nerfs over and over again and is now comparable to other class heals, some of which are now stronger in certain situations. I am wondering what does the templar excel at nowadays? What can a templar do that a different class can't do better?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    Great change ZOS! Dks not only are the DOT class, but now they are also the healer class. More heal than BOL under 50% health. I like it! Now plz start working on making the DK the DOT, healer, assassin class...

Self-heal only.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DoT class...😆
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Self-heal only.

It was sarcasm my friend. Reread the last sentence.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar is pulling the most dps on live without major vuln, idk after pts change.

Magplar breath of life heals you and another ally even if not as much which is more than health recovery gives you for coagulating and they have balanced all other burst heals they are just finally getting around to this around.. so.. your complaint is a little moot there.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, it's a salty reaction when after a week of players giving feedback on templar changes (and more than that the healing changes in general, since nerfs to healing = nerfs to templar, the "healing" class) and then seeing DKs have their healings buffed :D.

• eKsDee
    eKsDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    Breath of life should be the single best heal in the game. It's THE reason to play (magicka) templar since the launch of the game, yet it has seen nerfs over and over again and is now comparable to other class heals, some of which are now stronger in certain situations. I am wondering what does the templar excel at nowadays? What can a templar do that a different class can't do better?

Welcome to spreadsheet balancing, with a dose of ability standardisation.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What game are you playing ?
    Templar and warden are BIS from age and it's not because of BoL..
    They both have the strongest healkit of all class in the game.
    Templar have all advantage of healing class with no downside making it the easiest class to heal with.

NB/DK heal need love since a very long time.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow

never thought i would see the day when that morph was complained about for being good.

just wow

and compared to BoL?

just. . . wow
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I cant believe that Zos doesnt buff templar tank healing but DK dragon blood
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »

I am yet to see DK tank using Coagulating Blood.
  • Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭

Great clownery Abyssmol!!!
  • Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭

Coag blood scales from max magicka and spell dmg, for tanks we have green dragon blood.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Coag blood scales from max magicka and spell dmg, for tanks we have green dragon blood.

Exactly. So the complaint I was responding to is fully invalid. Only non-tanking morph has been buffed, the tanking one remains untouched.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on July 21, 2020 8:50AM
  • Ventru7
    Ventru7

I don't know which game were you playing but Templars have been the irreplaceable healers in both pvp and pve for a long time now. There is no healer class in this game because all classes should be able to heal with similar effectiveness as all classes can be DDs and most classes can be tanks.Healers need variety in classes because most of the healers you see are Templars and Wardens with occasional Necros in both content and thats it.
    Edited by Ventru7 on July 21, 2020 8:51AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Self-heal only.

It was sarcasm my friend. Reread the last sentence.

That the last sentence was sarcasm was obvious. But I read it as you really thinking the change made DK overpowered. My bad for the misread.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I have to respond to you. I play on XBox NA, and these days one of the classes I see most of the time is DK - Not Templars. ZOS came out before and said the DK class was the DOT class and made their DOTs at least 10% stronger than any comparable DOTs in the game. They called it class identity!

Now a few patches later, the Templar gets nerfed in different areas including on healing- ritual of retribution. And what ZOS decides to do, make DK burst heal stronger than the Templar's, up to 16% stronger. Which is the class identity for the Templar? I thought it was healing!

If this change goes live without making adjustments to the Templar class, DKs will still have better DOTs than any other class in the game. Plus, mag DKs will have better heals-over-time and burst heal than Templars. What's next? Templars lost major mending, but you know which class still has major mending, DKs. So please don't come here to talk about clownery...
  • Fairyck
    Fairyck
    Dragonknight is a knight who drink too much skooma, lost his sword and shield. He's so drunk that he starts breathing fire. Fire still continue to burn him and he is try to heal himself... This is why he is so skilled in fire, dot damage and healing :)
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I have to respond to you. I play on XBox NA, and these days one of the classes I see most of the time is DK - Not Templars. ZOS came out before and said the DK class was the DOT class and made their DOTs at least 10% stronger than any comparable DOTs in the game. They called it class identity!

Now a few patches later, the Templar gets nerfed in different areas including on healing- ritual of retribution. And what ZOS decides to do, make DK burst heal stronger than the Templar's, up to 16% stronger. Which is the class identity for the Templar? I thought it was healing!

If this change goes live without making adjustments to the Templar class, DKs will still have better DOTs than any other class in the game. Plus, mag DKs will have better heals-over-time and burst heal than Templars. What's next? Templars lost major mending, but you know which class still has major mending, DKs. So please don't come here to talk about clownery...

Dude, Coagulating Blood is a self-only heal. It being buffed isn't going to have any impact on healers at all.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar is pulling the most dps on live without major vuln, idk after pts change.

Magplar breath of life heals you and another ally even if not as much which is more than health recovery gives you for coagulating and they have balanced all other burst heals they are just finally getting around to this around.. so.. your complaint is a little moot there.

I don't care about dps dummies they are irrelevant. Stamplar has worst healing and defensive in pvp, magplar has limited mobility and is on of the worst solo 1vx classes.

DK needed buffs true, but so does templars, they suck this patch and will do so even next patch with burning light nerf which will be impossible to proc in pvp cyrodiil with all the latency problems and skill desyncs.

Templar has no class identity anymore, they aren't good at anything now.
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    West93 wrote: »

I don't care about dps dummies they are irrelevant. Stamplar has worst healing and defensive in pvp, magplar has limited mobility and is on of the worst solo 1vx classes.

DK needed buffs true, but so does templars, they suck this patch and will do so even next patch with burning light nerf which will be impossible to proc in pvp cyrodiil with all the latency problems and skill desyncs.

Templar has no class identity anymore, they aren't good at anything now.

Not true.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It isn't better it's comparable to self

There are no heal over time you get random burst heals either based on your damage which reduces your current damage while you can spam jabs or the other morph or radiant oppression or

Then cauterize is a *** joke and takes away one of your most powerful dd hybrid skills.

Just because you see a lot of DK on Xbox NA doesn't mean they're over powered.

We're the DoT class? You have just as many DoTs vampire bane and purifying light which can provide crazy burst.
    Not to mention you have another AoE Dot, and now your healing is taken away from it? Seems pretty fair to me, eruption doesn't heal me, lightning flood doesn't heal sorc, twisting path doesn't heal nightblade, bone yard doesn't heal necromancer.

I get your salty but it's misdirected at a 14% (small) increase on a class that is bastardized and forced to be melee if it wants to be useful and still get outparsed by ranged class.
    Edited by Jodynn on July 21, 2020 6:17PM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apart from everything you mean?
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.