The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unleashed Terror change was good. Now apply it to the other offenders.

Strider__Roshin
Strider__Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Widow maker still has the pre-nerfed burst of Unleashed Terror and should also be adjusted. Caluurion had more burst than pre-nerfed Unleashed Terror as well and should have its damage divided over 5 or 6 seconds. And Skoria needs to have proper counterplay. As in it needs to be dodgeable like Selene.

These sets need to be fun, but not a crutch in PvP. Good job on the Unleashed Terror change but your work isn't done.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they've already made all the accompanying changes; New Moon Acolyte is slated for a nerf...

Proc sets are coming whether we like it or not. Alternatives will be nerfed and we will like it and thank them for it (something about beatings, morale, etc)
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just go widowmaker + unleashed terror. its more carry than venomous smite
    Edited by Anyron on July 20, 2020 10:14PM
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    This set still needs a cool down of like 10 seconds after applied especially since it can be applied to multiple people, atm its like the stam version of icy conjuror but can be applied to everyone off cd and not just one target
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    This set still needs a cool down of like 10 seconds after applied especially since it can be applied to multiple people, atm its like the stam version of icy conjuror but can be applied to everyone off cd and not just one target

Icy conjurer has a better 2-4 piece, and deals more damage. Not only that but it has a better proc condition rather than being forced to use a gap closer which deal underwhelming damage. Also if someone is able to spam gap closers on each player on the opposing team that's pretty meme worthy lol
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even the nerfed version is too strong imo.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some magblades will come to defend Caluurion.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even the nerfed version is too strong imo.

For a proc set? No

But proc sets in general are too strong. If I designed a similar set as this I would make it so it either doubles the strength of non-ultimate gap closers or make it so gap closers apply a DoT doing 30% of the initial hit every second for 10 seconds. Make the damage based on stat investment rather than having the damage be static with the exception of CP or Malacath.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

It's a carry set. People who need it will defend it.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Widow maker still has the pre-nerfed burst of Unleashed Terror and should also be adjusted. Caluurion had more burst than pre-nerfed Unleashed Terror as well and should have its damage divided over 5 or 6 seconds. And Skoria needs to have proper counterplay. As in it needs to be dodgeable like Selene.

These sets need to be fun, but not a crutch in PvP. Good job on the Unleashed Terror change but your work isn't done.

100% agree, also blackrose destro staff.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it does 19728 Physical Damage over 10 seconds instead of 5...

Ok, ignoring CP & the fact that you can boost dot damage with it, let me pain a picture for you:

Lets just say that some one has reached armour cap (33K armour) and has 50% damage mitigation.
    So the damage from this set is halved - 9864 over 10 seconds - which means 1K damage per second, over 10 seconds.

Reaching armour cap is something that happens rarely, and on average this set will probably do 1,3 - 1,6K damage per second.

A set. Not skill, not an enchant, not a poison. A set. It still sounds like something very broken.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 21, 2020 6:02PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

100% agree, also blackrose destro staff.

Is that thing really an issue?
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no hate on icy conjuror and caluurion!!! I used these sets before all the changes - all the complaining will just have them nerfed into the ground
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ok, ignoring CP & the fact that you can boost dot damage with it, let me pain a picture for you:

Lets just say that some one has reached armour cap (33K armour) and has 50% damage mitigation.
    So the damage from this set is halved - 9864 over 10 seconds - which means 1K damage per second, over 10 seconds.

Reaching armour cap is something that happens rarely, and on average this set will probably do 1,3 - 1,6K damage per second.

A set. Not skill, not an enchant, not a poison. A set. It still sounds like something very broken.

Somehow you forgot battle spirit so you can halve that again, and it does similar dmg to vma 2hander. That doesn't sound too bad to me.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Somehow you forgot battle spirit so you can halve that again, and it does similar dmg to vma 2hander. That doesn't sound too bad to me.

750 dmg per second.. anyone can heal through that. That need in nerf healing more with Battlespirit. /S
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

750 dmg per second.. anyone can heal through that. That need in nerf healing more with Battlespirit. /S

Wait, you think a 600-700 dmg dot, from a 5pc bonus is too strong?
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Widowmaker has a spore that drops with a 1 second burst timer right? Assuming you are just standing still in a PvP fight aren't you already screwing up? 5 meters is the range of a LA, not as hard to dodge like Unleashed Terror was. Skoria I can see since it doesn't have the same delay effect and is persistent in addition to not being tied to alchemical poison like Widowmaker is nor can it be cleansed like Widowmaker.

Mind you I'm part of the crowd who thinks proc sets should get a slightly extra debuff in PvP environments to discourage proc builds becoming better than pure skill-gap. A little 25% off the top would nullify Malacaths at least. But Proc sets have a very important place in PvE for less-skilled players who's DPS (as you can find everywhere on the forums) is ridiculed and maddening to people pugging groups.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much.

Sheesh. You guys play your way and I'll play mine. This whole SKILL argument thing is really silly at this point. Ping beats skill in this game 90 percent of the time. You can call that Scruffy's Law.

Proc sets add variety and fun patterns and dare I say even some "thinking" to the game play.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Wait, you think a 600-700 dmg dot, from a 5pc bonus is too strong?

My sarcasm is pervasive. My typing is terrible.

Yeah. I don't think the proc sets are that good, even with malacath.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    no hate on icy conjuror and caluurion!!! I used these sets before all the changes - all the complaining will just have them nerfed into the ground

You and I have different perspectives on balance I'm afraid. Those sets in my opinion do way too much for free. I'm all for sets that amplify your damage, but those sets are a spammable and a strong DoT for free which can stack on other offensive abilities. A fully stacked proc set build is scary in the hands of a new player, and outright miserable in the hands of someone that knows what they're doing. I believe a healthy PvP experience involves a low floor and a high ceiling.

Proc sets raise the floor and lower the ceiling; creating an unhealthy PvP experience.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible change. Proc sets not worth it if they go to damage over time. If they are a dot must buff the damage way mire than they are. Need more variety in game. Pvp is about burst.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You and I have different perspectives on balance I'm afraid. Those sets in my opinion do way too much for free. I'm all for sets that amplify your damage, but those sets are a spammable and a strong DoT for free which can stack on other offensive abilities. A fully stacked proc set build is scary in the hands of a new player, and outright miserable in the hands of someone that knows what they're doing. I believe a healthy PvP experience involves a low floor and a high ceiling.

Proc sets raise the floor and lower the ceiling; creating an unhealthy PvP experience.

That time of proc sets being a non factor is long past. We had that discussion with ZOS back when there was Viper’s Sting and they didn’t learn anything.

Proc sets going forward will only be more and more influential in the outcome of fights.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »

Icy conjurer has a better 2-4 piece, and deals more damage. Not only that but it has a better proc condition rather than being forced to use a gap closer which deal underwhelming damage. Also if someone is able to spam gap closers on each player on the opposing team that's pretty meme worthy lol

Icy only get's applied to one target and has a short CD so if you see it applied to someone you know you have a small window to engage without getting the dot placed on you, also everyone will use a gap closer to apply the dot it effectively increase the damage of all gap closers and not to mention skills like streak which have 0 counter play and can hit and apply the bleed to an entire group every 10 seconds with no cd or dragonknight leap which also can apply the bleed to everyone that is hit after a huge damage ult which if you don't block also leads to 1 execute because of it's knockback feature, the stats on the set don't matter people will run the proc even if it had crit for the 2 3 and 4p with malacath if the proc does enough dmg which it does, no one is using proc sets for specifically the set bonuses as a lot of sets still have crit on them from back in the day when proc could crit instead of something like the respective pen to help boost it's damage
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer