The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

I disagree with the reasoning for the NMA nerf.

Girl_Number8
Girl_Number8
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
For 1 v Xers we are not getting any benefits from group play.

This damage reduction is quite hefty and is another blow to solo players. I would ask you to reconsider the damage nerf to something more less dramatic.

This PTS is already proc sets galore which is an unhealthy direction for PvP imo. NMA was a good set with a fair penalty that equaled fair play.

We actually needed more sets like this and less proc sets. PvP would be much better for it.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
Edited by Girl_Number8 on July 20, 2020 7:40PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Raise the floor, lower the ceiling."
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

I think the floor is the ceiling at this point.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not till the proc epidemic hits us in a few weeks.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not till the proc epidemic hits us in a few weeks.

Agreed. The PTS was what I was referring to, if I was not clear enough.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even close to it.

Not speaking to the changes begin complained about but the floor is nowhere near the ceiling in this game. ESO has a greater skill gap divide than what I have ever seen in an MMORPG. I have some friends where we queue up with only three of us sometimes to see what we get. Often the players we get struggle to pull 20k DPS. Sometimes they are barely pulling 10K.

So no, the floor is nowhere near the ceiling in ESO.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Not even close to it.

Not speaking to the changes begin complained about but the floor is nowhere near the ceiling in this game. ESO has a greater skill gap divide than what I have ever seen in an MMORPG. I have some friends where we queue up with only three of us sometimes to see what we get. Often the players we get struggle to pull 20k DPS. Sometimes they are barely pulling 10K.

You’re right the floor is well above the ceiling in this game.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So..... this?
    05_UpsideDownHouses__TheWorldUpsideDown_5.-Trassenheide_Die_Welt_steht_Kopf.jpg
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Stamblade
    Stamblade
    ✭✭
    The nerf to NMA is dumb. and we as stam don't even have the option to move to automatons...How are you going to buff War maidens and sword singers, swamp raider etc....and then leave automatons as is. Are you trying to kill stamblades completely? Bc you're doing a great job of that so far... Also I completely agree with EVERYTHING OP (@Girl_Number8)said.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What nerf to nma ?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    What nerf to nma ?

6.1.1 patch notes:

"New Moon Acolyte: Reduced the Weapon and Spell Damage granted from this set’s 5 piece bonus to 401, down from 481. This was done to make up for the fact that the resource cost increase penalty can be easily alleviated in group settings by having allies supply you with sets or synergies."
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous. I get nerfed for playing a stat build which requires me to deal damage and meanwhile all the monkeys who run around with 3 procssets, 3x infused cost reduc glyphs and 5k stamrec are allowed to deal insane AFK dmg by light attacking or similar silly proc conditions. It's like everybody said proc sets are overperforming on PTS and ZOS is like hey, let's nerf NMA. Again such a disrespectful move towards the playerbase.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You must have missed the memo. Nobody at ZOS cares.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, it's only 80 spell/weapon damage. Not that huge but I get why people are upset.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Honestly, it's only 80 spell/weapon damage. Not that huge but I get why people are upset.

Yeah, and when you compare it to things like this...

Burning Spellweave:
    Reduced the Spell Damage granted from this set to 490, down from 525.
    This set no longer has a proc chance. Now when you deal damage with a flame ability, you apply the burning status effect to the enemy and increase you spell damage by 490 for 8 seconds. This effect can occur once every 12 seconds.

and

Briarheart:
    Reduced the healing of this set to 350, down from 378.
    This set no longer has a proc chance. Whenever you deal critical damage, your weapon damage will now be increased by 450 for 10 seconds. While the effect is active, any critical strikes by you also heal you for 350 with a 15 second cooldown like normal.

it suddenly seems like the 5 piece bonus isn't all that great. Granted the effect is present 100% of the time but with the proc chances getting removed from a lot of sets its not all that great anymore, and it still has the cost increase tied to it...
    Edited by Vevvev on July 20, 2020 9:00PM
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other sets bring more to the table with this nerf and how they're getting reworked. NMA is going in the bargain bin if these changes go live
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Not even close to it.

If only that was true. It is sad that some players struggle to get 10k DSP in a world that even a few times that is merely average.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Proc sets summarized in one sentence.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im quitting good luck my fellow eso players
    they nerf my class (templar) my sets my everything so i got a solution i just won't play eso anymore when the patch comes out and im not wasting anymore time on the pts trying to avoid these nerfs and fighting for my main not to be nerfed
    im basically wasting my time with anything i do say about something not being right on eso in general goodbye. :/

If you're going to quit then just quit. I haven't played in a year and I didn't write a eulogy when I left. Also don't expect any pity from a Nightblade from such weak Templar nerfs.
    Yep. Nightblades will never forget Elsweyr "year long story"... never...
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much everyone disagrees with the nerf to NMA, making it 450 would be fair, lower is a bit.. distasteful.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Proc sets summarized in one sentence.
    What proc sets do people think are overperforming? I haven't seen any clear direction in the patch notes that would suggest they are more prominent than before, and don't feel like testing extensively with templates.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5% cost increase is nothing to scoff at for solo/small scale players, hopefully they will reconsider this nerf.

If everyone is using one set and the set isn't blatantly overperforming (2 different things) then why not just make some of the alternatives more attractive? We're all tired of the endless nerfs.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Burning Spellweave:
    This set no longer has a proc chance. Now when you deal damage with a flame ability, you apply the burning status effect to the enemy and increase you spell damage by 490 for 8 seconds. This effect can occur once every 12 seconds.

and

Briarheart:
    This set no longer has a proc chance. Whenever you deal critical damage, your weapon damage will now be increased by 450 for 10 seconds. While the effect is active, any critical strikes by you also heal you for 350 with a 15 second cooldown like normal.

it suddenly seems like the 5 piece bonus isn't all that great. Granted the effect is present 100% of the time but with the proc chances getting removed from a lot of sets its not all that great anymore, and it still has the cost increase tied to it...

Yes, with those other changes it makes this hit harder but we also don't know if the former proc sets will get changed as well. Week 2 is usually filled with smaller changes/fixes. We will have to see what Week 3 brings and if some of these newly powerful/formerly proc sets will get adjusted.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Burning Spellweave:

and

Briarheart:

Burning spell weave is pretty weak even with the nerf nma would actually be better probably... though I don't think nma should be, bsw is just bad.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Makes me wonder if that's part of why vampire has cost increases so built in. "Can be alleviated by group play."

And yet solo play is a thing. That and it makes it questionable to use it for some of the sets they left at providing 400 Weapon and Spell Damage to x damage type skills.

On top of that, can't "sufficiently" alleviate ultimate increase really.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I would have increased the cost value to 6-7% instead of lowering the damage, if the issue is that it's too easy to sustain...

Why not just say it's overperforming and nerf it instead of bringing up their questionable reasoning?
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH