The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sunderflame Changes

Tethalion
Tethalion
✭✭✭
"Sunderflame: This set now deals 13600 damage over 10 seconds and applies Minor Fracture and Breach for the duration, rather than dealing 4000 Flame Damage and applying Fracture and Breach for 8 seconds."

I don't know if this is necessary. I feel like Sunderflame is pretty good where it is at the moment, and this will take away some of the power of the set for HA-oriented builds, like a solo Dragonknight.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used this set with my bow NB when I wanted to play as a HA build... Now it will go straight to the rubbish bin...

First the named debuff, now this. This set gets nerfed for no apparent reason.
  • Tethalion
    Tethalion
    ✭✭✭
    Also, the fact that “Sunderflame” no-longer do flame damage kind of bugs me.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tethalion wrote: »
    Also, the fact that “Sunderflame” no-longer do flame damage kind of bugs me.

It doesn't actually specify the damage type. So we can only assume it is still Flame damage.

Sunderflame: This set now deals 13600 damage over 10 seconds and applies Minor Fracture and Breach for the duration, rather than dealing 4000 Flame Damage and applying Fracture and Breach for 8 seconds.

If it remains as Flame damage, it could be nice for MagDKs. Ele Drain for the Major's, Sunderflame for the Minors. 13,600 Flame damage over 10s, + Engulfing Flames to increase the damage by 10%*.

Has anyone tested this on the PTS to see what the damage type is?
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Danel_Vadan
    Danel_Vadan
    ✭✭✭
    Set is not for mDK because it's a stam set.
    Tam! RUGH!
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Set is not for mDK because it's a stam set.

And? Not everything must use the damage type of the main resource. Stormfist and Skoria are/ have been widely used on stam builds as well.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor frac and breech is a nice debuff but not as a 5 piece set

13600 over 10 seconds is 1,360 every second, let's just go ahead and clarify this is no way viable for PvE, for PvP damage is halved so 680, which after resistances you're looking at some really low damage, because it's also going to be flame and you're stam so your spell pen is going to be stupid low, then the phys pen it adds is minimal you'd be better of using something like spriggans or even new moon acolyte which would give you that pen and a lot other buffs

Point is, it's a pretty useless set.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor frac and breech is a nice debuff but not as a 5 piece set

13600 over 10 seconds is 1,360 every second, let's just go ahead and clarify this is no way viable for PvE, for PvP damage is halved so 680, which after resistances you're looking at some really low damage, because it's also going to be flame and you're stam so your spell pen is going to be stupid low, then the phys pen it adds is minimal you'd be better of using something like spriggans or even new moon acolyte which would give you that pen and a lot other buffs

Point is, it's a pretty useless set.

Good call. Total shame.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Tethalion
    Tethalion
    ✭✭✭
    Since it’s .3, I thought I’ll bump this in hopes of getting the change lifted.

Sunderflame does not overshadow or bring imbalance to any aspect of the game, PVE or PVP. It’s just a novel set that brings enjoyment to players who use it independent of meta.

Please do not implement the proposed changes to Sunderflame. There’s no gain and would just cost a bunch of players their build.

Edited by Tethalion on August 4, 2020 2:24AM
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now instead of 4000 flame damage, it just gets purged.