The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we get our Locked No-CP back?

Ormtunge
Ormtunge
✭✭✭
Hey all:)

I am asking to get our locked no-cp campaign back. It seems that the number of players in Cyrodill is more than before (I am not talking about the recent event.) and there is really no choice for us who only play no-cp pvp. My argument is that it is really bad for recruitment to pvp, when there is so much trolling atm (giving scroll to enemy, throwing it in the lava etc..) and farming winning side or low pop for ap and and ignoring campaign. If we get our Locked Non_CP campaign back, I think it would increas the recruitment to pvp, since it general have a more including climate (we all focus on the campaign as a group) and have less trolling. What do u all think? I dont want to make a change that makes it worse for the non-locked no-cp, but I and many other pvpers really miss our locked no-cp and think it should be reinstated for the mentioned reasons. Not the least for the recruitment of new pvpers.

• pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ormtunge wrote: »

I am asking to get our locked no-cp campaign back. It seems that the number of players in Cyrodill is more than before (I am not talking about the recent event.) and there is really no choice for us who only play no-cp pvp. My argument is that it is really bad for recruitment to pvp, when there is so much trolling atm (giving scroll to enemy, throwing it in the lava etc..) and farming winning side or low pop for ap and and ignoring campaign. If we get our Locked Non_CP campaign back, I think it would increas the recruitment to pvp, since it general have a more including climate (we all focus on the campaign as a group) and have less trolling. What do u all think? I dont want to make a change that makes it worse for the non-locked no-cp, but I and many other pvpers really miss our locked no-cp and think it should be reinstated for the mentioned reasons. Not the least for the recruitment of new pvpers.

This.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t miss locked non cp, nor does my guild. Do not presume to speak for the majority.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want it back. None of my no Cp friends do.
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Second this, we need locked non cp campaight to prevent trolling.
    Then play in your non locked swamp.

Edited by Tammany on July 14, 2020 6:36PM
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »
    Second this, we need locked non cp campaight to prevent trolling.
    Then play in your non locked swamp.

On it boo. See you on any side.

Edit: WE, meaning 95% of my friends do not want faction locks. So stop speaking for all of us. We have a right to play how we want to. That includes trolling until it is stated by zos, that this is a rule breaker.
    Edited by edges_endgame on July 14, 2020 8:03PM
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit: WE, meaning 95% of my friends do not want faction locks.
    And we, meaning 95% of my friends do want faction locks.
    We have a right to play how we want to
    Then again, feel free to stay in non locked swamp, where people constantly troll eachother, jump between factions and play anything but objects.
    We are asking for another LOCKED campaign that does not mess with your in any way.

Edited by Tammany on July 15, 2020 7:52AM
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 % of my friends want the faction lock back. We want to play the way we want, which includes not catering to cheaters, exploiters and an entitled mentality.
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then again, feel free to stay in non locked swamp, where people constantly troll eachother, jump between factions and play anything but objects.
    We are asking for another LOCKED campaign that does not mess with your in any way.

OK. Good luck then on your wish. But I am afraid there isn't enough players for that. 😒
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    SmukkeHeks wrote: »
    100 % of my friends want the faction lock back. We want to play the way we want, which includes not catering to cheaters, exploiters and an entitled mentality.

I play no Cp on PC, NA.
    I barely see what you describe here. However I see one faction dominate at times by numbers and it sucks to be forced to either PvDoor the map or do something else. That is why I can't support that request.
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play no Cp on PC, NA.
    I barely see what you describe here. However I see one faction dominate at times by numbers and it sucks to be forced to either PvDoor the map or do something else. That is why I can't support that request.

Pc Eu. Very different setting. Here we are infested with ballgroups, with zero intent of doing anything than spam two skills, running on walls all evening. Blatant self resurrection. That costume. Groups of inactive fellow faction players standing on outskirts of map. Taking possession of a scroll and delivering it to the enemy faction. The stuttering, loading screens and lag are a direct consequence of their actions.

When we had faction locks, all we should worry about is the cross faction guilds and their “agreements”. Which is bad enough. Spiced with first section, Cyrodiil is absolutely waste of time.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭

But you can still play how you want on non locked cp.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭

What server are you on? Outside of prime time on PCNA no cp is dead. So you would be adding an even more dead campaign to the game and for what purpose? Faction loyalty? Faction loyalty went out the door with 1T.
  • TejasEric
    TejasEric
    ✭✭
    Yes please refaction lock No-CP campaigns. It is much better faction locked
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    But I am afraid there isn't enough players for that. 😒

fun fact: locked CP campaign becomes full way faster than non locked one
    why do you think non cp is absolutely another story ?

yesterday one DC kiddie logged AD and spawned sideways meatbags on every siege we tried to start just to mess with slots
    he does that pretty frequently when not able to gather his cancerous ballgroup together
    that is the one example why many people want locked campaign back
    What server are you on? Outside of prime time on PCNA no cp is dead.
    pc EU does not have empty non cp
    could not care less about NA empty servers
    op should have mentioned EU part
    Edited by Tammany on July 16, 2020 7:28AM
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you can still play how you want on non locked cp.

No.

We want to play the way we want, in the campaign we want to play.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭

yesterday one DC kiddie logged AD and spawned sideways meatbags on every siege we tried to start just to mess with slots
    he does that pretty frequently when not able to gather his cancerous ballgroup together
    The locked CP campaign has always been the full campaign back when I started playing, 1.6, when it was locked then. They removed lock and guess what? It was still the most populated campaign. They added lock back and you oguessed it, the most popular campaign. So long story short that campaign is and will likely always be the campaign as it is the campaign most players homed from the get go because it was labeled by players as the “main campaign.”

An interesting test ZOS could have done would have been to put the non locked standard campaign first on list when they un-homed everyone a while back. Science says humans generally gravitate to what’s first on a list when they are choosing something

Edited by ItsJustHashtag on July 16, 2020 10:51AM
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭

Ahh... See... I couldn't care less about EU servers. Funny thing, huh?[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 16, 2020 1:38PM
  • Ormtunge
    Ormtunge
    ✭✭✭

I agree I should have posted that I play EU not, NA, but I just assumed it was the same problems at that server. As I said before, I dont want to make non-cp worse, but only want to make it more friendly. In my oppinion, it is atm quite unfrriendly escpesially for new players. If u as a new player spend hours to win a scroll and then someome just spends the next hour trolling with it, that is not good for recruitment. And recruitment for pvp is personally my main consern atm. I want a Cyro PVP that is about winning a campaign and not just farming AP, and I think ESO would prosper if we did just that.
    Edited by Ormtunge on July 17, 2020 9:22PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. The quieter campaigns need locking 100%
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the biggest mistake is Zos trying to cater to everyone with special campaigns. It started with the no-CP then Zos locked campaigns because some people asked for it. Now we want different combinations and other special aspects have been suggested.
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    on PC-EU the non-locked campaign is more popular than the locked campaign. People prefer non-lock clearly. If you want to roleplay go to the locked campaign, won't matter a lot game play wise for you if you only siege and run with faction anyway.
    Edited by Daviiid_ESO on July 17, 2020 12:19AM
  • TejasEric
    TejasEric
    ✭✭
    I would love to have Non-CP locked again for the some of the same reasons the OP posted. Though I do not recruit in Cyrodiil so that is of no concern to me, but I am in a PvP guild.
  • Ormtunge
    Ormtunge
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I think the biggest mistake is Zos trying to cater to everyone with special campaigns. It started with the no-CP then Zos locked campaigns because some people asked for it.

Well tecnically it a was the other way around, as that locked campaign was the original consept. And I dont think that the non-locked cp campaign is awful, I just think it would be better with less trolling and more teamplay, and I think that making it a locked campaign would help to do this.
    Edited by Ormtunge on July 17, 2020 9:04PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I think the biggest mistake is Zos trying to cater to everyone with special campaigns. It started with the no-CP then Zos locked campaigns because some people asked for it.

Well tecnically it a was the other way around, as that locked campaign was the original consept. And I dont think that the non-locked cp campaign is awful, I just think it would be better with less trolling and more teamplay, and I think that making it a locked campaign would help to do this.

You could still enter the original “locked” campaigns if you were queued in by someone homed there, you just couldn’t home/guest a campaign on more than one faction.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Ormtunge
    Ormtunge
    ✭✭✭
    on PC-EU the non-locked campaign is more popular than the locked campaign. People prefer non-lock clearly. If you want to roleplay go to the locked campaign, won't matter a lot game play wise for you if you only siege and run with faction anyway.

At the moment there is only one locked campaign and that is the CP locked one. The non-locked cp campaign is as far as I know dead. If u are trying to compare the locked cp (and not the unlocoked cp) with the unlocked no-cp, that is impossible to compare, since players like me who like no-cp dont have an alternative atm. That is the whole point of this post:)

• Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    on PC-EU the non-locked campaign is more popular than the locked campaign. People prefer non-lock clearly.

I wonder who pressed "agree" to that blantant lie, your biased friend ?
    Lets see wich campain is trully preferable:

17/07, 19:00 ST
    non locked - two bars
    locked - full
    TPCNIuH.png
    a9l9bXd.png

weekend 18/07, 12:00 ST
    non locked - 1 bar
    locked - hitting 3 bars
    (as bonus, i've shown amount of random casual guild members per campaign, LOCKED almost doubles pop)
    Ms4sjrF.png
    IAZvOGE.png

weekend 19/07, 14:00 ST
    non locked - barely hitting 2 bars
    locked - hiting full
    zr2m6Pw.png
    4BSEru1.png

weekend 19/07, 18:00 ST
    non locked - barely hitting 3 bars
    locked - full
    H09Fmxr.png
    rN04cEy.png

<2 hours passed>
    weekend 19/07, 20:00 ST

non locked - barely hitting 3 bars + 1 faction locked
    locked - full
    fBVCOjq.png
    rU2U8ik.png

People clearly prefer locked campaighn for obvious reasons.
    Same will happen with NO CP campaign - everyone but you and your friends gonna abandon that trolling non locked swamp and hop on LOCKED campaign, thats why you are against it - would be nobody left to troll.

Edited by Tammany on July 20, 2020 7:27AM
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    on PC-EU the non-locked campaign is more popular than the locked campaign. People prefer non-lock clearly.

I wonder who pressed "agree" to that blantant lie, your biased friend ?
    Lets see wich campain is trully preferable:

17/07, 19:00 ST
    non locked - two bars
    locked - full
    TPCNIuH.png
    a9l9bXd.png

weekend 18/07, 12:00 ST
    non locked - 1 bar
    locked - hitting 3 bars
    (as bonus, i've shown amount of random casual guild members per campaign, LOCKED almost doubles pop)
    Ms4sjrF.png
    IAZvOGE.png

weekend 19/07, 14:00 ST
    non locked - barely hitting 2 bars
    locked - hiting full
    zr2m6Pw.png
    4BSEru1.png

weekend 19/07, 18:00 ST
    non locked - barely hitting 3 bars
    locked - full
    H09Fmxr.png
    rN04cEy.png

<2 hours passed>
    weekend 19/07, 20:00 ST

non locked - barely hitting 3 bars + 1 faction locked
    locked - full
    fBVCOjq.png
    rU2U8ik.png

People clearly prefer locked campaighn for obvious reasons.
    Same will happen with NO CP campaign - everyone but you and your friends gonna abandon that trolling non locked swamp and hop on LOCKED campaign, thats why you are against it - would be nobody left to troll.
    People go to that campaign because it’s ALWAYS been considered the main campaign. People went there when it was unlocked as well. It has nothing to do with lock/unlocked but rather it’s considered the “main campaign.” Comparing the two has no relevant point.

Now if they removed everyone’s home campaign and put the blackreach campaign first on the list with the locked down where blackreach is science has proven that people will choose black reach.

Edited by ItsJustHashtag on July 20, 2020 2:36PM
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    People go to that campaign because it’s ALWAYS been considered the main campaign. People went there when it was unlocked as well. It has nothing to do with lock/unlocked but rather it’s considered the “main campaign.” Comparing the two has no relevant point.

The guy above said non locked is more popular, i've made a proof he is lying.
    Cba to argue, give us additional locked non cp campaign, second in the list, and you will see the results urself.
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guy just asks for a new noncp campaign alongside what we have here and people who are against the faction lock is against it???
    It's not gonna affect your non locked campaign, you will have less players of course but that would just improve the quality of your game since %100 of you are also complaining about zergs ;)
    Also less players less strain on server