The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Strongest PVE class for DPS

Pajor
Pajor
✭✭✭✭
In your opinion which is the strongest pve class for mag and stam.
Edited by Pajor on July 11, 2020 4:30AM
  • catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭
    Stamcro is best DPS in the game for over a year. Magcro is a rock solid magDPS option.
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you look at parse dummy warriors - top of the list is vamp sorc with 135k. Granted it's all the broken stuff you won't be able to use in real fights (maybe in some, but not all of them), but gives you picture. Top 10 (with one exception at #9) parses are different mag classes with bfb.
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    Alidel wrote: »
    If you look at parse dummy warriors - top of the list is vamp sorc with 135k. Granted it's all the broken stuff you won't be able to use in real fights (maybe in some, but not all of them), but gives you picture. Top 10 (with one exception at #9) parses are different mag classes with bfb.

Where did you find this list?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO logs...
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magdk and stam necro, but it's probably changing with the next "standardisation" zos would put out.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Magcro and Stamplar since those classes seem to hold their own the best in dungeons for DPS. Probably different for trials but there is so many factors there it's hard to figure out what's the class and what is the dedicated group setups.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Currently all magicka classes are significantly stronger then any stamina class, due to Blood for Blood and Thrassian Stranglers. And yes, contrary to what some people seem to think, those builds are completely playable in endgame PvE and not just dummy cheese. Within that all magicka classes are reasonably close, with Warden probably being the strongest overall.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is interesting. In my head, I can not see how they would surpass others with this.
    Blood for Blood does not proc crystal fragments, which is the most important part of their dps and Sorcerer has no passives to boost magic damage.

Warden, in my head, should be the best as a vampire. 10% magic damage to boost the spammable and a lot of %s from animal companion. This is also what I saw for myself.
    Edited by Dracane on July 11, 2020 11:07AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

This is interesting. In my head, I can not see how they would surpass others with this.
    Blood for Blood does not proc crystal fragments, which is the most important part of their dps and Sorcerer has no passives to boost magic damage.

Warden, in my head, should be the best as a vampire. 10% magic damage to boost the spammable and a lot of %s from animal companion. This is also what I saw for myself.

Yeah Sorc is bottom of the dps pile at the moment. Warden is top all rounder but suffers when the bear isn’t 100% available. Magblades are top burst. MagDK have amazing aoe and sustained damage. Magcros have major vuln so damage is almost irrelevant. Magplars are also right up there. Magicka dps balance has never been closer. Magicka and Stamina balance is way off as always with Stam a long way behind.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

Yeah Sorc is bottom of the dps pile at the moment. Warden is top all rounder but suffers when the bear isn’t 100% available. Magblades are top burst. MagDK have amazing aoe and sustained damage. Magcros have major vuln so damage is almost irrelevant. Magplars are also right up there. Magicka dps balance has never been closer. Magicka and Stamina balance is way off as always with Stam a long way behind.

My sentiment precisely. :) Well spoken. I agree with your observations.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is no "strongest"....its all in how you build it, period. No "best" in this game.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and yes...with blood 4 blood and the gloves, stam is the red-headed stepchild this time around. Kinda sucks what with all the talk around balance and junk they drop those two little cherries into the mix. Balance my butt....
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭

They cycle between spamming daedric tomb (which is great dps as you can hit same target with 2 mines consistently and I guess you can hit all 3 on big bosses) and bfb to regen magic.
    Edited by Alidel on July 11, 2020 2:07PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

ESO logs...

There is no guesswork or opinion here. ESO Logs has the actual log data for dungeons, dummies, and arenas.

• Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

ESO logs...

There is no guesswork or opinion here. ESO Logs has the actual log data for dungeons, dummies, and arenas.

Where does it pull its data from? All platforms? Curious minds want to know because what I thought was crappy DPS seems almost passable when I look at some of the numbers and compare with my own.
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only ask this question because as a sorc user i feel this magsorc class is very weak and not much skills to choose from compared to other classes.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ESO logs...

Sure, but you can’t take it all face value, some critical thinking is required. The logs of dummy parses for example should be ignored because not enough people upload those logs. And if the parse logs are sorcs with mines that’s just laughable anyway.
  • Pterion87
    Pterion87
    ✭✭
    Obviously the jabplar. Look for videos of him, recently there is a video of a youtuber doing 97k with him, only with 3 skills, if 3. Barbed, light and 12 jabs, yes 12. Thats all
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ESO logs...

Sure, but you can’t take it all face value, some critical thinking is required. The logs of dummy parses for example should be ignored because not enough people upload those logs. And if the parse logs are sorcs with mines that’s just laughable anyway.

Critical thinking is always required, but you can see what classes do well, on what dungeons, which bosses in that dungeon, and see what gear and skills they use. That is a pretty objective starting point. Pretty neat site to be honest.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, Sorc just looks good on a dummy if Frags is dropped for mines (which can hit all 3 if the dummy is near a wall, this won’t work in real content). BFB failing to proc Frags is the main thing holding Sorc back, and I believe they fall a few k behind Warden, DK, Templar and Nightblade. Those 4 with Blood for Blood are pretty much tied for the top, it depends on the player more than the class at that point. Then Necromancer is a good 10k behind the other classes.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 12, 2020 10:24PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, Sorc just looks good on a dummy if Frags is dropped for mines (which can hit all 3 if the dummy is near a wall, this won’t work in real content). BFB failing to proc Frags is the main thing holding Sorc back, and I believe they fall a few k behind Warden, DK, Templar and Nightblade. Those 4 with Blood for Blood are pretty much tied for the top, it depends on the player more than the class at that point. Then Necromancer is a good 10k behind the other classes.

How did this ever make it past PTS?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What kinds of health levels are assumed in these discussions?

I ask because Blood for Blood hits harder if your health is lower.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In a trial scenario, where health is usually near full, Blood for Blood hits about as hard as Deep Fissure. It is 30-40% stronger than other spammables, and typically adds 5-10k to the user’s DPS. The most important thing isn't even its strength, it’s the health cost that completely removes the need to build for any sustain.

In Harrowstorm for example, Templars would have been very strong except they had massive sustain problems. Wardens were in a similar situation, but less severe, and DK’s were only sustaining because the vAS staff was broken and returning tons of resources through Burning procs. I like the idea of these classes getting a useful sustain tool, but IMO forcing them to abandon their class skills for a generic melee vampire spammable to be competitive is a poor solution.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 12, 2020 11:13PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In a trial scenario, where health is usually near full, Blood for Blood hits about as hard as Deep Fissure. It is 30-40% stronger than other spammables, and typically adds 5-10k to the user’s DPS. The most important thing isn't even its strength, it’s the health cost that completely removes the need to build for any sustain.

Come now, that's grossly exaggerated. My tooltip from Elemental Weapons is 10k and climbs to 11k with BfB. This is ten percent more damage, but I'm also missing out on burning procs or even vulnerability ones. So really, the dps is almost identical.
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Come now, that's grossly exaggerated. My tooltip from Elemental Weapons is 10k and climbs to 11k with BfB. This is ten percent more damage, but I'm also missing out on burning procs or even vulnerability ones. So really, the dps is almost identical.

Agree, still it doesn't cost magicka so in those cases where you could struggle with sustain it adds more dps
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saubon wrote: »

Agree, still it doesn't cost magicka so in those cases where you could struggle with sustain it adds more dps

Oh, yes, for sure! I acknowledged that in the other thread, as well. The implication is that if you can solve sustain issues with Elemental Weapons, BfB becomes obsolete.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh, yes, for sure! I acknowledged that in the other thread, as well. The implication is that if you can solve sustain issues with Elemental Weapons, BfB becomes obsolete.

LA per second goes up with BfB as well though, its so smooth to use.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

LA per second goes up with BfB as well though, its so smooth to use.

Hm... Melee skills do indeed have smoother animations. But it's perfectly possible to have good LA amounts with ranged skills, so this is not much of an argument.
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    What should a magsorc even use in terms of skills? They underperform in pve in my opinion. I have played every class and sorc for me always does the worst.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pajor wrote: »
    What should a magsorc even use in terms of skills? They underperform in pve in my opinion. I have played every class and sorc for me always does the worst.

They do underperform, compared to the other mag classes. BfB doesn't proc Frags and is therefore a dps LOSS, unless you are struggling heavily with sustain. Elemental Weapons is still your best bet, with the occasional Crushing Shock for interrupts.