The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Strongest PVE class for DPS

• Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not a vampire, due to how they look appearance wise. I do use elemental weapon as a spammable. And keep uptimes with elemental blockade and haunting curse. Even lightning flood i cant really use. Degeneration, mystic orb, not sure what else are good for single target fights. I tried using pets and i do even worse.
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    And i use frags when it procs
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blockade-Mystic Orb-Curse-spammable
    Refresh Channeled Acceleration when it runs out, cast insta-Frags if procced, only use Haunting Curse every second rotation. Note that pets yield a couple k more dps.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pajor wrote: »
    In your opinion which is the strongest pve class for mag and stam.

Honestly, a lot of this depends on playstyle. If we're comparing mechanically perfect rotations with characters equipped with the best meta gear, then stamcro is probably best, but Templars (mag or stam) have super easy rotations and one of the best spammables in the game (IMO), and so achieving a high DPS number is relatively easy even with a less than perfect rotation. IMO, that makes templars another strong option for DPS. Might not be top tier overall if you are comparing with mechanically perfect rotations across classes, but it is still definitely a metric for players to consider, especially if they don't have hours and hours to dedicate to practicing in front of a trial dummy.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    What kinds of health levels are assumed in these discussions?

I ask because Blood for Blood hits harder if your health is lower.

In a trial scenario, where health is usually near full, Blood for Blood hits about as hard as Deep Fissure. It is 30-40% stronger than other spammables, and typically adds 5-10k to the user’s DPS. The most important thing isn't even its strength, it’s the health cost that completely removes the need to build for any sustain.

Come now, that's grossly exaggerated. My tooltip from Elemental Weapons is 10k and climbs to 11k with BfB. This is ten percent more damage, but I'm also missing out on burning procs or even vulnerability ones. So really, the dps is almost identical.

This is correct. The elemental proc does negate the base damage difference between those 2 and spell orbs can compensate for a bit of damage as well. However, elemental weapons is also the most expensive spammable in the game or amongst the most expensive with the Psijic passive.

Being able to ignore sustain with Blood for Blood and the chance to deliver devastating blows when your health drops low, makes it unbeatable I am afraid.

And Sorcerer is the only class that can not use it outside of dummies with any efficiency. So it's safe to assume that Sorcerer is at the bottom of dps. Non pet Sorc certainly is far behind everything else. It's the lowest DPS class in the game and has been since release if I remember correctly with the exception of 1 patch where Overload was crazy in 2015 or so. I think it needs a very serious damage boost to abilities and passives to be even closely competitive.

Sorcerer was kept on life support by lightning splash, which is now completely dead.
    Edited by Dracane on July 13, 2020 3:10PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got a question. Would elemental weapons work well on magplar with maelstrom lightning staff? Assuming you have your wall of elements up would the maelstrom bonus and the elemental weapon bonus stack or would one cancel the other?
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    What kinds of health levels are assumed in these discussions?

I ask because Blood for Blood hits harder if your health is lower.

In a trial scenario, where health is usually near full, Blood for Blood hits about as hard as Deep Fissure. It is 30-40% stronger than other spammables, and typically adds 5-10k to the user’s DPS. The most important thing isn't even its strength, it’s the health cost that completely removes the need to build for any sustain.

Come now, that's grossly exaggerated. My tooltip from Elemental Weapons is 10k and climbs to 11k with BfB. This is ten percent more damage, but I'm also missing out on burning procs or even vulnerability ones. So really, the dps is almost identical.

This is correct. The elemental proc does negate the base damage difference between those 2 and spell orbs can compensate for a bit of damage as well. However, elemental weapons is also the most expensive spammable in the game or amongst the most expensive with the Psijic passive.

Being able to ignore sustain with Blood for Blood and the chance to deliver devastating blows when your health drops low, makes it unbeatable I am afraid.

And Sorcerer is the only class that can not use it outside of dummies with any efficiency. So it's safe to assume that Sorcerer is at the bottom of dps. Non pet Sorc certainly is far behind everything else. It's the lowest DPS class in the game and has been since release if I remember correctly with the exception of 1 patch where Overload was crazy in 2015 or so. I think it needs a very serious damage boost to abilities and passives to be even closely competitive.

Sorcerer was kept on life support by lightning splash, which is now completely dead.

Tjoa... Seems like BfB is dead for everyone now. On top of that, Frags got nerfed substantially. *sigh*
    Edited by Lord-Otto on July 13, 2020 4:07PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve got a question. Would elemental weapons work well on magplar with maelstrom lightning staff? Assuming you have your wall of elements up would the maelstrom bonus and the elemental weapon bonus stack or would one cancel the other?

They stack. If your light attack is 6k, EW 10k and vMA adds 3k on light attacks, your EW-boosted light attack will do 19k damage.