Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Would you like to see a Shivering Isles expansion for ESO?

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sheo has already had plenty of time in ESO. There’s also an incredible expansion in TES IV: Oblivion for the Shivering Isles.

I’d much rather see new territory. Explore the entire map of Tamriel so that I can legit look on the map and choose anywhere to go.

It’d be awesome if one day the oceans could be swam in too (remove the slaughterfish....) and new quests/treasures made available through swimming below water.
    Edited by Vaoh on July 11, 2020 11:35PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Honestly... I'm kinda over Sheo.

I get it, he's funny and all, but he's really overdone by this point. I wasn't such a huge fan of Shivering Isles in the first place. To me, it felt like a huge departure from the realism-with-an-asterisk in the rest of Oblivion, and I've never been a big fan of the player character ending up getting too much power by the end of a questline - I don't like getting to be the leader of the Mages guild three days after joining, and here you're basically... becoming a Daedric Lord...? Uhh....

...so our player character is Sheogorath now and Jyggalag exists, but nobody else acknowledges that fact and you end up looking exactly like Sheo afterwards thereby ignoring your duties to the Empire, and ...ugh... My headcanon: No.

Not a fan. And the 'madness' is more silly jokes than anything else anyway. It's...
    Ohtimbar wrote: »
    No. The Elder Scrolls version of madness is just a cut-rate melange of Lewis Carroll and Monty Python.
    ...yeah, that's about the perfect way to describe it. It's like (I know people are tired of these references, sorry) Luna Lovegood is the pinnacle of madness as we see it in the Elder Scrolls series. I don't really feel like we've seen much of madness besides what someone comes up with after hearing someone say that crazy people may have tics. If we got some of the darker madness as well - as in not someone cheerfully saying "I'll cut your face off!" :D - but actually going into the psychosis like Joker in the Dark Knight... then maybe it could be interesting...but also really easy to get wrong and horribly offensive.

Besides, there are 15 (16 if you do want to count Jygg) other Princes, many of whom haven't really had much time in the spotlight. Sheo's been shoved in our faces so much already.

So far, we've had major storylines (major antagonist or main story guide) from:
    Azura: TESIII, TESIII:Tribunal, ESO:Morrowind
    Boethia: Lots of lore, but (s)he was never really a central figure in a game
    Clavicus Vile: TESA:Redguard
    Hermaeus Mora: TESV:Dragonborn
    Hircine: TESIII:Bloodmoon
    Jyggalag: TESIV:Shivering
    Malacath: Nothing, unless you wanted to count ESO:Orsinium, but that's mostly lore
    Mehrunes Dagon: TESIV
    Mephala: ESO:Summerset
    Meridia: ESO
    Molag Bal: ESO
    Namira: Not much at all. She even sat out TESIII completely
    Nocturnal: ESO:Clockwork, ESO:Summerset, also major in TESV Thieves Guild line
    Peryite: Basically nothing. Also missed TESIII
    Sanguine: Also nothing but a public dungeon, including missing TESIII
    Sheogorath: TESIV:Shivering, ESO Mages' guild line, Legends, and being played up at every opportunity
    Vaermina: Not much, but she has a few parts in an ESO zone line

• mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    No, Sheo appears more than enough in ESO as it is.

So if they were to add some stuff with a daedric prince then I think it should be to one of the ones who barely has any content, like Sanguine or Peryite. The former has the least, even though he fits a theme similar to Sheo, but without the forced madness.

I voted yes because, well, shivering Isles. Back in the oblivion days I was hoping for expansions for each of the princes and always felt it was a missed opportunity. I'd love for ESO to do it though, especially sanguine. Imagine a zone designed around debauchery and hedonism, revelry and dark passions. Sanguine’s realms are long overdue (he is said to have many)--even a dungeon or trial could be really fun, but I'd prefer a zone to explore and experience.
    Edited by mairwen85 on July 12, 2020 5:47AM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I'd really like to see is Sheogorad, the archipelago including Dagon Fell, north of Vvardenfell. I have fond memories of the region. Maybe if they can't make a story DLC out of it, they can make a dungeon, like they did with Falkreath. Though I always prefer areas I can explore at my leisure.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on July 12, 2020 5:56AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes but not right now. I want to see the other three chapters big expacs before we go to any other realms. So Cyrodil > blackmarsh or Hammerfell > hammerfell or blackmarsh.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If I never see 'Uncle Sheo' again it will be too soon.
    True.
    I'd love to see the Shivering Isles, but Sheogorath is annoying sometimes.

Personally I'd love to see another Redguard area, although hopefully without NPCs talking endlessly about "honor" this time.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if they make Sheogorath scary again. He has become too much of a lol-so-random clown since Shivering Isles.

On second thought, get rid of him altogether, give us Jyggalag.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    No.... I hate Sheo and never even bought SI for Oblivion. Having to deal with him in the Mages Guild questline is more than I can stand on anyone besides my mains.

shivering iles is one of the best dlcs ever (not just from the elderscrolls univers ) u realy missed something :)
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, a full blown zone! with really good story line, able to explore the whole thing, interact with daedra there, and maybe beat Uncle Sheo's butt!!!
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    As much as im A fan of Sheo, there are other plains of Oblivion that should get more attention
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Xologamer wrote: »
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    No.... I hate Sheo and never even bought SI for Oblivion. Having to deal with him in the Mages Guild questline is more than I can stand on anyone besides my mains.

shivering iles is one of the best dlcs ever (not just from the elderscrolls univers ) u realy missed something :)

Nope. I haven't missed a thing. Oblivion itself was a lot of fun. I have never had any use for Sheo/Jyg, and "becoming a god/daedric prince" is not what I consider either a good story line, or "fun".