The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will there ever be a dx12 client?

silky_soft
silky_soft
✭✭✭✭✭
Some talk a few years back about a dx12 client being in the works. Is it still on the roadmap?
Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we can only hope. after all it was promised to us 5 years ago.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hopefully it includes efficient gpu and multi core use and removes line of sight checks from the server side and we will immediately have great fps and pings again...
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game is pretty much maintenance mode plus some new PvE content. DX12 is never happening unless some miracle happens. And even if it happens, it doesn't really mean it will be a good, stable port.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol "maintenance mode"

This game is still actively developed. They release 3 DLC's plus one major expansion each year. They are still adding new classes and skill lines and mechanics. It's not a dead game where they are just doing cash shop cosmetics for whales.

All that regular content, by the way, is all fully voice-acted, which is no trivial undertaking.

From what I understand, the player numbers are good and the revenue is good. This is not a game on life support. It's one of the top 5 MMO's.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Some talk a few years back about a dx12 client being in the works. Is it still on the roadmap?

I am not certain they have fully utilized the features made available to them in the DX9 to DX11 switch, yet.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they also wrote about class identity once, still nothing happened about that and recently they said its not a focus currently...so...they simply dont seem to have the resources to address these things within reasonable time periods...
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol "maintenance mode"

This game is still actively developed. They release 3 DLC's plus one major expansion each year. They are still adding new classes and skill lines and mechanics. It's not a dead game where they are just doing cash shop cosmetics for whales.

All that regular content, by the way, is all fully voice-acted, which is no trivial undertaking.

From what I understand, the player numbers are good and the revenue is good. This is not a game on life support. It's one of the top 5 MMO's.

The game is still actively in beta, yes. Hopefully there will be a full release that can run at 60 FPS in 2050.

Also if you actually had the ability to read you would have realized I specifically said its maintenance mode plus DLC content. An actively developed game will receive meaningful fixed to bugs, performance issues and will have its mechanics set for years to come.

We are YEEEAAAAAAARS into the game's life, the same performance issues keep getting worse, server is contantly on the verge of death, game balance is so bad every patch has a wave of people permanently quitting the game. Get a grip of reality.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on July 12, 2020 7:40PM
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they also wrote about class identity once, still nothing happened about that and recently they said its not a focus currently...so...they simply dont seem to have the resources to address these things within reasonable time periods...

They also wrote about spellcrafting too. /shrug
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the port to Stadia, I wonder if they might enable Vulkan for the PC. I am also hoping they will enable HDR, since apparently they plan to do that for Stadia.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the port to Stadia, I wonder if they might enable Vulkan for the PC. I am also hoping they will enable HDR, since apparently they plan to do that for Stadia.

Maybe stadia will be the starting point.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    U can play ESO using Vulkan API but preformance is bad. I tested with DXVK 1.7
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭

There is no true HDR for ESO, nor for consoles or PC or Stadia.

The "HDR" implementation on console is pure trash, it is just over saturation of the colors, no dynamic range increase at all, it makes the game look like cartoon animation.