The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Neutrality Order

Dimitris_1
Dimitris_1
✭✭
Since now it is possible to change the alliance of a character, I want to propose a new alliance for the ESO for all those players that want to play PvE only with a character without being disturbed in Cyrodiil and Imperial city (surface and sewers) as they are doing the PvE quests there.

Alliance name: Neutrality Order
Alliance symbol/banner: White colour with a pigeon at the center
This alliance will be neutral to every other alliance in Cyrodiil and Imperial city, thus all other players are shown as friends.

The neutrality order alliance will help players do PvE activities (quests and other activities) in Cyrodiil and Imperial city without being attacked by other players. Also the player with a character that is member of the neutrality order will not be able attack other players in Cyrodiil and Imperial city (no PvP there).

In battlegrounds the teams include characters from different alliances and thus PvP will be possible there with characters of the neutrality order.

As for the Tel Vars, the character that is member of the neutrality order will gather them from attaking NPCs and monsters/bosses in Cyrodiil and Imperial City and lose tel vars in case of death.
The gathering of Tel Vars though shouild be x1 only for characters that are members of the Neutrality Order.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*

Here we go again ...
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dimitris_1 wrote: »
    Since now it is possible to change the alliance of a character, I want to propose a new alliance for the ESO for all those players that want to play PvE only with a character without being disturbed in Cyrodiil and Imperial city (surface and sewers) as they are doing the PvE quests there.

This alliance will be neutral to every other alliance in Cyrodiil and Imperial city, thus all other players are shown as friends.

The neutrality order alliance will help players do PvE activities (quests and other activities) in Cyrodiil and Imperial city without being attacked by other players. Also the player with a character that is member of the neutrality order will not be able attack other players in Cyrodiil and Imperial city (no PvP there).

In battlegrounds the teams include characters from different alliances and thus PvP will be possible there with characters of the neutrality order.

As for the Tel Vars, the character that is member of the neutrality order will gather them from attaking NPCs and monsters/bosses in Cyrodiil and Imperial City and lose tel vars in case of death.
    The gathering of Tel Vars though shouild be x1 only for characters that are members of the Neutrality Order.

I could agree with a neutral alliance to a degree, but there should be no tel var or ap gain because you aren't engaging in activities where that is rewarded for (so no advances in alliance or support skills either). You could argue killing stuff in IC is what gets tel var, but the point of it is a pvp currency you risk other players and mobs to receive. So perhaps neutral players should only gain half the amount of a full alliance player (0.5x with no climbing multiplier) and lose double the amount on death. IC nasties should also be doubly aggressive toward neutral players to make up for the loss of danger.
    Edited by mairwen85 on July 8, 2020 11:30PM
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want the rewards, you need to do the content. Should the Neutrality Order also be able to walk up to vet dungeon bosses and ask them for a helm?
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a PVE player who absolutely *hates* getting ganked by PVP players while I am in Imp City or Cyrodiil doing PVE content.

I wholly reject this idea.

PVE players have, what, 90% of the game world exclusively to themselves? 95%? But yet, there's a segment of the PVE population that demands the 2 places PVP'ers get for themselves, too.

I get it. It sucks to get ganked in Imp City

But there should be no neutrality PVE-only option to go into PVP zones. You want to go into PVP zones? You have to assume the risk.
  • Teridax941
    Teridax941
    ✭✭✭
    Hm of all the PvE ppl wandering into PvP area topics, I'd have to say I'm impressed by the creativity of this one.
    I agree that if implimented, the rewards should be smaller than those actually doing PvP, particularly regarding Tel Var. Obviously nobody in the "neutral" alliance could earn campaign rewards as they haven't sided with a faction during said campaign.

I admit there are times when I'd like to knock out a few IC dailies without fear of being jumped. However it would take away the suspense of being in that zone, something I don't get to experience anywhere else, because PvE doesn't offer that much of a threat as other players.

So I can go either way on this argument I feel.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teridax941 wrote: »
    Hm of all the PvE ppl wandering into PvP area topics, I'd have to say I'm impressed by the creativity of this one.
    I agree that if implimented, the rewards should be smaller than those actually doing PvP, particularly regarding Tel Var. Obviously nobody in the "neutral" alliance could earn campaign rewards as they haven't sided with a faction during said campaign.

I admit there are times when I'd like to knock out a few IC dailies without fear of being jumped. However it would take away the suspense of being in that zone, something I don't get to experience anywhere else, because PvE doesn't offer that much of a threat as other players.

So I can go either way on this argument I feel.

I do think that Imp City PVE is much funner than normal overland PVE - it's already a bit more challenging as it is.

But yes, the addition of having to pay attention to other players as well adds to the suspense.

I get that some people might not like that. And I'd also respond that they have 95% of the game world already to not have to worry about it.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the Alliance War factions like fence sitters! Surely they should be attacked on sight by all factions!

how-very-neutral-of-you.jpg

NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason they have PvE in a PvP zone is to try and entice players into trying PvP. Fishing in Cyrodiil is what got me trying PvP so it worked at least once anyway. MMOs need new content, they need players repeating content and they need players trying a variety of content to survive. That is why there is PvE in Cyrodiil.

That said I wouldn't mind an alliance free Cyrodiil, but alliance free means loyal to no other player and everybody is fair game. It is a PvP zone after all.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    None of the Alliance War factions like fence sitters! Surely they should be attacked on sight by all factions!

how-very-neutral-of-you.jpg

Agreed. No alliance, no allies. It's all enemies baby!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, not a thing from my PoV. I fished in Cyrodiil on 4 characters. I'll be fishing in Cyrodiil again on other characters eventually. I won't do pvp, SO not my thing (and that's not from the perspective of someone who's never done pvp either - I spent months in a friend's guild on a WoW pvp server, got good at it, hated every minute of it, and I'm never going there again - it was ANYTHING but fun for me).

But there's NOTHING TO SEE THERE. There's a few nostalgic names from Oblivion (TES: IV) on some delves. There's a few towns to remember from Oblivion. Other than that, there's miles and miles of miles and miles.... of nothing.

I don't see the point personally.
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip], no.

I say this as a PVE-Only player who basically never steps foot into Cyrodiil. Not a single one of my XBox Characters has engaged in a single second of PVP in any manner.

There is SO MUCH PVE CONTENT in this game. There is waaaaaaaay more PVE content in this game than PVP content. PVE content is expanded multiple times every single year. We get new Trials, Dungeons, skills, equipment, gear sets, and PVE features on a regular basis.

Why are you people so obsessed with a PVE Cyrodiil? It's not necessary. You have 90% of the game to yourselves, why is it such a terrible crime for the PVPers to have their 10%?

Let the PVPers have their space, good lord. PVErs, we eat enough, stop being greedy.

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on July 9, 2020 6:07PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides the obvious fact Zos made a conscious choice to place certain things into a PvP Cyrodiil, OP's idea would encourage PvE players to enter Cyrodiil campaigns en masse at the cost of PvP. It is not a very sound idea.
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think during midyear mayhem there should be a PVE event at same time so PVER's can get their tickets and maybe vice/versa for PVPer's during PVE events.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodil I really don't care much for any pve content as it's quite limiting. Imperial City on the other hand well yeah would be nice to get through the questing there without having to deal with all that.
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭

picard-facepalm.jpg

Hate to break it to you. This won't happen. Those areas were DESIGNED to be PVPVE, not; "I want to quest, leave me alone!".

Players that want to kill you in those zones will kill you unless you kill them, counterplay them, or in the rare instance they might just let you be.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozby wrote: »
    I think during midyear mayhem there should be a PVE event at same time so PVER's can get their tickets and maybe vice/versa for PVPer's during PVE events.

That defeats the purpose of events. the events are there to entice you to do things you otherwise would not do.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭

No.
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Besides the obvious fact Zos made a conscious choice to place certain things into a PvP Cyrodiil, OP's idea would encourage PvE players to enter Cyrodiil campaigns en masse at the cost of PvP. It is not a very sound idea.

So much this.

I couldn't care less if ZOS would give the pve players a pve Cyrodiil map without AP, Tel'Var, Skyshards and other pvp related rewards (You know, if you want the rewards, play the content). But OPs idea would lead to Cyrodiil campaigns filled with pve players that take away valuable space that's needed for pvp players.

So.... no.
  • gary.mcleodeb17_ESO
    The general message seems clear to me, leave Cyrodiil as a PvP zone. It's an amazing map, great to explore and experience the diverse landscapes and geography there, with the added ever present risk of PvP combat. The idea of neutrality has has also been discussed many times previously.

I have 2 chars with which I have no intention of them ever setting foot in Cyrodiil, 16 other chars have and still do! I Initially set out to see if I could create a build that would be viable without using skills that you gain from the PvP skill line. I take great pride in retaining the Civilian title, though going through the various TESO quests, you will fight NPCs from all factions, even your own in some zones! From the very outset of your character creation, you've chosen a faction. Personally I think if a neutral 'Civilian' player faction was created it would throw a mighty spanner into the works!

Molly Dooker, Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer, proudly Civilian since 2017!
    Chilli Chillama of Chillrend.

Language is the source of misunderstandings.
    'The Little Prince'
    Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

“Say to yourself first thing in the morning: I shall meet with people who are meddling, ungrateful, violent, treacherous, envious, and unsociable. They are subject to these faults because of their ignorance of what is good and bad.” Marcus Aurelius.

The grabbing hands
    Grab all they can
    All for themselves after all
    It's a competitive world
    Everything counts in large amounts

Depeche Mode
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

That defeats the purpose of events. the events are there to entice you to do things you otherwise would not do.

I'm not particularly for or against the idea in the OP.

... but this approach to events fails for me. Every time.

This isn't about player agency or encouragement, it's about constraint. For me it doesn't say "we encourage you to try these new things in a way that will encourage your enjoyment of them" it says "its the deep end... or nothing".

If this was actually about agency then for each PvE event there would be a PvP counterpart, and for every PvP event there would be a PvE counterpart... and in each cases there would be structures to support people trying these new activities.

That isn't what we have.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you could rather make the argument that zos should not place pve content in pvp areas...I know they are trying to engage more people in all of the games content but I think this is the wrong aproach and bringing more pve people to pvp will only work with the introduction of low skill gear and level independent pvp modes such as gw2 activities
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

This isn't about player agency or encouragement, it's about constraint. For me it doesn't say "we encourage you to try these new things in a way that will encourage your enjoyment of them" it says "its the deep end... or nothing".

If this was actually about agency then for each PvE event there would be a PvP counterpart, and for every PvP event there would be a PvE counterpart... and in each cases there would be structures to support people trying these new activities.

That isn't what we have.

Unfortunately there aren't enough PvP options for that to always be the case, e.g.
    IC event (PvP) -- pve can do IC quests, I guess, but it's not good enough
    Clockwork Event (PvE) -- Uhm (PvP)
    Summerset Event (PvE) -- uhm (PvP)
    and so on...

It's better/easier for them to make includes into events as PvE or PvP components (which they already do for MYM, Midyear Mayhem includes all PvP activities and in PvP zone questing (PvE), so following the MYM model:
    Witches Festival to include Cyrodiil and IC bosses
    New Life Festival to include BG oriented objectives
    Jester's festival already has a PvP component

Ideally, if for every zone DLC they added at least 1 BG map, you could make that part of zone events.If for every new chapter, they added a small PvPvE area with chapter related objectives (like a battle for ownership or incursion, skirmish), the same could be true. But they don't, they neglect PvP with every new addition to the game. That in itself makes your proposal impossible. I say that as someone who plays both PvE and PvP but prefers PvE, the main reason being how quickly PvP in ESO can become stale, there's limited choice of activity and scenery, and I believe with a bit of effort, ZOS could easily make PvP appealing to more people -- I'd hate for my 'uhm' in the section above to be simply IC, Cyro, or BG, because that shows exactly how limited PvP options are in this game. I honestly can't see why they can't relate new maps to new chapters, it's not new assets, or add additional objectives and activities. With Elsweyr for example, why not a small scale (Bg sized) map with a bunch of players fighting each other with random dragon attacks, or a fight to control a dragon as a new siege weapon in an Elweyr themed tower defence map. The possibilities are endless, but the options we have lack imagination.

Edited by mairwen85 on July 9, 2020 1:14PM
  • VoluptaBox
    VoluptaBox
    ✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

That isn't what we have.

This is what I never get, why every piece of content has to cater to every type of player. I don't see why every single event should have both 'PvE' and 'PvP' content, or why everything (for example leads) should be obtainable through both and so on. I also don't like the 'PvE' and 'PvP' split, it seems overly simplistic and it can lead down a rabbit whole (like why stop there? I want to obtain monsters sets through fishing, because I don't like Cyro nor Dungeons).

I'm a fan of a more holistic approach to the game and having to work for the things you really want, even if it may make you a bit uncomfortable.

And as a side note, you could have easily 'PvEd' your way through MYM if you only cared about the event tickets. Town quests in Cyro and, of course the dailies in IC. I did the IC daily every single day and always in instances where my faction had no presence. I only died once and it was due to my own greediness and stupidity (I saw the yellows sitting there, but I went like 'yea, they'll just ignore me :)'. They didn't xD).
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pigeons.....hehehehe
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys it's the solution to lag. There will be 95% PvE guys filling up the slots which means no more laggy zergs. Just better not go in a delve or your system might set fire.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you didn't notice, but players - all of them - are already in this "Neutrality Order" in like 95% of the areas, where they can't attack other players nor be attacked. The only little exceptions are Cyrodiil and Imperial City. Exceptions are a good and healthy thing, no reason to remove them.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not in favor, as describes in the OP.

What I would be in favor of: "Neutral" Players can be immune to PVP, but get absolutely no rewards in PvPvE zones except for experiencing the stories. No leads, no AP, no skyshards, no achievements, no event tickets, and no Tel Var. You want the rewards? You need to accept the risk of PVP those rewards were designed for.

If you just want to experience the stories, having no rewards shouldn't be an issue for you. (Same is true for story-mode Dungeons and Trials.)
    If you do want the rewards and none of the risk, well, too bad. You aren't entitled to the rewards of a PVP-enabled zone while you are immune to PVP.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP's idea is bad and they should feel bad.

Honestly PvP is not that hard to get into. And yes, you can go into Cyrodiil and run solo just fine. Quite often I will not join a group, as I know enough to keep track of the zone chat. When there's a big assault, I go there. Most of my AP for Siegemaster, that I unlocked yesterday for the first time, was from going solo in Cyrodiil and just keeping track of things.

And honestly, what's not to love about Cyrodiil? The sieges alone are awesome.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draft dodgers are the first to get a fireball to the face.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vestahls wrote: »
    Draft dodgers are the first to get a fireball to the face.

Or an axe if you're a brutish Nord like me.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No