The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

already logged in?

KlotePino
KlotePino
✭✭✭
Is the bug back or am I being hacked?:p
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would say it depends on how long it's been happening and whether you're getting any other errors. I believe what happens when you get the 'already logged in' error is that your character I'm the game is still loaded even though the game is closed, so it sometimes takes a while for you to actually 'log out'. It tends to clear itself up relatively quickly though, from my experience, within 5 or so minutes. There are times when it's being super stubborn and might take 10 or longer, but those are rare instances.

I would say I doubt it's hacking since even if someone did know your login info they likely couldn't log in on another computer while the account is already logged in (because it's already in use), but I don't actually know if being logged in prevents you from logging in on another computer, or if it would boot you on the first computer and log you in on the second.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens to me some times but it started after they did the log in que thing for who will load it first where they let more active people in game first
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was actually mentioned in the patch notes, idk if it was Harrowstorm or Dragonhold or maybe a tiny bit earlier. It’s intentional to get the message in order to prevent you from accessing the server too quickly. A lot of times this is frustrating because it extends the time until you can get back into the game when you crash in a raid.

As the server gets more unstable, they put in more bandaid fixes.