The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you aware that the PVP servers in cyro can't handle high population spots ????

• Rastapasta
    Rastapasta
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah jumping back to the point or place where you were x seconds before is another fun part, you dc for sure.

Another update for: 4 July DC after 5 min, bur after I was good for a couple hours. (magic can happen)
    5 July DC = constant when in dense population bubbles. only no more delays of 15 sec
    just DC when nothing moves except you for a while... so quit playing again.

Rasta
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/4KnGoDE3E94

Check this out, I was actually trying to dodge roll, weapon swap, spam skills etc... For at least 10 secs before I decided to clip it. This was last night btw on the ravenwatch.

Notice I teleport back to where I was 15 seconds or so a go.

Get that all the time. Gap closers almost guarantee it in lag but I ran a speedy Warden without 1 and it still happened

This necro is really fast, but no gap closer... It happened once here during primetime and again at 2am.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, there has been some serious "rollback" happening in Cyrodiil. In fights I end up back quite a few seconds prior. I rezzed at a forward camp and game put me somewhere else, there was no forward camp and no enemies (or allies). Have been stuck unable to sprint or use any source of expedition for over 20 minutes: tried reloadui, tried transitus, tried dodge roll, tried heavy attack. I finally had to RP walk my way to Nikel and light attack a player to get their attention so they would kill me which, thankfully, restored my ability to move normally.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been really bad this Midyear Mayhem.. it's come to the point that when you're fighting someone, and you're both clearly lagging badly, the outcome depends on who actually manages to fire off (and land!) a skill :lol:
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah, the pvp servers can handle the high population in cyro just fine. :D

vf3roX5.jpg
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Check this out, I was actually trying to dodge roll, weapon swap, spam skills etc... For at least 10 secs before I decided to clip it. This was last night btw on the ravenwatch.

Get that all the time. Gap closers almost guarantee it in lag but I ran a speedy Warden without 1 and it still happened

This necro is really fast, but no gap closer... It happened once here during primetime and again at 2am.

Yeah, speed traveling an area in heavy latency is probably causing it. I started to do my last ESO video to the tune of Rubberband Man but it got a copyright claim almost immediately
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    IC Load screen / DEAD / LOSE Tel Var / Rez / Lag no mobs or players / Dead / Lose Tel Var / Load Screen , AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

losing tel var for *** performance , Thanks ZoS for an amazing Event
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always been bad, issue is
    1. zos keeps adding stuff to the game to appease people asking for content. New and crazy sets and skills that you have to buy/run are becoming so crazy that the server cant handle an ability that causes 10:1000 times the calculations of an older ability.
    2. Zos catering to lower skilled players is actually making ball zerging the most effective and necessary way of playing pvp. What has happened patch to patch is that lowering the skill gap has made the mid tier of player unable to solo/small man so they turn to joining larger groups......a patch later the new "mid tier" players face the same problem where they just keep getting run down by the larger group and cant combat it anymore so must join a larger group.
    3. Changing game mechanics. Previously things like over time effects used to not stack, which meant everyone couldnt just run the same best in slot abilities and have them stack in any situation. In large group situations we wont have 30 people stacking 30 radiating regens stacked 30 times instead it will only ever be 30 radiating regens stacked 1 time.
    4. Allowing for out of group buffs/effects.....lag doesn't just come from combat, it can solely come from a large enough group buffing up and putting heals on each other. At a certain point group sizes could be limited to 12 players and any heals/effects could be limited to players within the group. Alot of sets are already set up for 12 man groups because of raids.
    5. Keep takes are too lucrative for lower/medium tier players to have to spread out and take resource ticks for ap. Again larger and larger groups could make exponentially less ap as an incentive to spread out. For guilds that want to play large combat and keep take for the scoreboard, incentives could be given out to the guilds that contribute the most over the course of the campaign.

There are plenty more things zos could change, but likely wont due to it making newer players have to learn how to play the game. Hard thing to ask for in 2020 it seems, games are easier to sell when it favors new players joining with little work involved.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have been trying to update this with clips whenever i am having poor performance.

The objective is to submit data that ZOS can use to fix issues. Please submit any videos you have and try to keep discussion constructive as i don't want it closed down.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/535282/performance-issues-submit-your-clips-here#latest
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was stuck in a 3 min loading screen. When it ended, I got another loading screen instantly. Hasnt finished loading yet.

At least they tell you that this MAY be a long loading time....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭

Eh I thought that was my internet poor performance. I sometime got teleported to few seconds before and its so confusing if its happened during combat and strangely thise psijic ulti didnt work for me 😂 I always got suspended in animation when use this skill. Sometime I also got stuck during bar swapping motion for a few seconds and when I do its too late to heal or escape.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure they realize they have a hardware performance issue but would rather keep trying to code their way out.
    This is most likely an client issue, servers has to handle all the combat in the area if its lots of fights this will give lag, however that lag will be the same everywhere even then alone in an room.
    However his system struggle with rendering over 100 players fighting each other.
    Yes server lag come on top but not the main issue, you also have internet lag and here its sounds its bandwidth issues.
    An bad wireless connection?

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    I'm sure they realize they have a hardware performance issue but would rather keep trying to code their way out.
    This is most likely an client issue, servers has to handle all the combat in the area if its lots of fights this will give lag, however that lag will be the same everywhere even then alone in an room.
    However his system struggle with rendering over 100 players fighting each other.
    Yes server lag come on top but not the main issue, you also have internet lag and here its sounds its bandwidth issues.

Nope, it sounds like a server that can't handle the load.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Nope, it sounds like a server that can't handle the load.

I can squash any thoughts of it being my hardware immediately. I am using a wired fibre optic connection and I have port forwarding done.

The laptop I am playing on is this: https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-predator-helios-300-17-3-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-gtx-1660-ti-1-tb-hdd-256-gb-ssd-10192545-pdt.html

Except I have also increased the ram to 32gb.

It ran beautifully until u25. From then on I have had constant skill delay, desync etc... The highest ping I'd had prior to u25 was 150ish. Skills rarely failed to fire.
    Edited by relentless_turnip on July 6, 2020 10:00AM