The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No CP has never been worse

• ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eKsDee wrote: »
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Disagree.ESO combat too broken to have compromise between everyone dies quick and nobody ever dies. Current way is preferable.

Remove either CP or non-CP, and bring the remaining one closer to a middle ground. CP is in a better spot, while non-CP is leaning too heavily towards damage. It's purely down to Zenimax trying to balance one while ignoring the other, so remove one of them. Not hard.

Remove CP. They've pretty much admitted it's a balancing issue by wanting to rework it.
  • Aeternum113
    Aeternum113
    ✭✭
    Disagree.ESO combat too broken to have compromise between everyone dies quick and nobody ever dies. Current way is preferable.

Remove either CP or non-CP, and bring the remaining one closer to a middle ground. CP is in a better spot, while non-CP is leaning too heavily towards damage. It's purely down to Zenimax trying to balance one while ignoring the other, so remove one of them. Not hard.

I honestly don't understand the reason behind having nocp and cp, I mean, even at 160cp a knowledgeable player can survive longer vs a 810cp player in cp than in nocp imo. Also why aren't CP BG's available to choose then? I only have interest in playing BG's and I'm stuck with nocp 1st person shooter TTK meta. I mean even shooters like Overwatch have higher TTK's and healers are actually relevant so...
    Edited by Aeternum113 on July 3, 2020 2:54PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

Remove CP. They've pretty much admitted it's a balancing issue by wanting to rework it.

CP is much more balanced this patch than nocp.
  • Aeternum113
    Aeternum113
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Also add CP option to BG's, I'm playing an MMO not a shooter. I don't fancy 2 shotting people as much as I don't fancy getting 2 shot. Then again why am I bothering, it's not like there aren't other MMO's with more suitable TTK's for me out there in the market.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

"This patch", you're probably right. I've not tried it, never liked it previously.

In my opinion it would be easier to balance for noCP overall, as there are no fluctuating variables. Such as one person with 25% extra crit damage.

Don't get me wrong I wish CP was used for something, and I don't have the answers. Things like the Tactician passive are useful and can be built around. Stamblades used to be better in CP because of access to that off-balance which you didn't have in no-CP.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Or maybe some players are not willing to "adapt", because adapting means spending money on some worthless pve content, waste hours on the most boring grind possible, just to be able to play something that is absolutely not fun to play.

See now this argument confuses me. Firstly, you can adapt to the meta without buying the expansion. There are existing sets that can be transitioned to for better success also. Basically anything with a slightly more defensive nature than what you had before. But whatever. That’s not my point really. My point is that when you first bought the game you didn’t mind spending the money. Whatever flaws it may have had then. First time you joined the fighters guild you probably didn’t mind the grind so much. Is there anything actually wrong with having new stuff added to the game? Or do YOU just not enjoy the grind any more? I do understand that wardens and necros are arguably overpowered. There are even sets that are stronger than they should be. That there may be a pay to win thing going on. Paying to win is too bad... but I always knew I was trading them my money for their gaming experience. That was always the original handshake. So I don’t complain when I need to level up scrying. Or when I choose to spend money. Or if I choose not to spend money or time on grinding I don’t complain when I don’t have everything I need.

And let's say we even go the extra mile and adapt, right, we're now able to 2 shot / ult dump everyone. Are we having fun playing pvp in a MMO with the same TTK as a shooter? Obviously this seems to be where the community gets divided, some players get satisfaction out of killing people in 2 seconds and some players don't and would prefer fights to last a bit longer.

See dude you didn’t adapt you just chose to join what you hated. Adapting is choosing to live longer. You decided to go the opposite way so you could kill them too. And, like them, you get blown up by 2 shots. Because you can blow people up with 2 shots. Hate to tell you but that is balance. If you don’t like playing that way then... don’t play that way. It’s hard to believe you’ve given adapting an honest try when your hypothetical description of adapting is “couldn’t beat them so joined them.”

• Aeternum113
    Aeternum113
    ✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Or maybe some players are not willing to "adapt", because adapting means spending money on some worthless pve content, waste hours on the most boring grind possible, just to be able to play something that is absolutely not fun to play.

See now this argument confuses me. Firstly, you can adapt to the meta without buying the expansion. There are existing sets that can be transitioned to for better success also. Basically anything with a slightly more defensive nature than what you had before. But whatever. That’s not my point really. My point is that when you first bought the game you didn’t mind spending the money. Whatever flaws it may have had then. First time you joined the fighters guild you probably didn’t mind the grind so much. Is there anything actually wrong with having new stuff added to the game? Or do YOU just not enjoy the grind any more? I do understand that wardens and necros are arguably overpowered. There are even sets that are stronger than they should be. That there may be a pay to win thing going on. Paying to win is too bad... but I always knew I was trading them my money for their gaming experience. That was always the original handshake. So I don’t complain when I need to level up scrying. Or when I choose to spend money. Or if I choose not to spend money or time on grinding I don’t complain when I don’t have everything I need.

And let's say we even go the extra mile and adapt, right, we're now able to 2 shot / ult dump everyone. Are we having fun playing pvp in a MMO with the same TTK as a shooter? Obviously this seems to be where the community gets divided, some players get satisfaction out of killing people in 2 seconds and some players don't and would prefer fights to last a bit longer.

See dude you didn’t adapt you just chose to join what you hated. Adapting is choosing to live longer. You decided to go the opposite way so you could kill them too. And, like them, you get blown up by 2 shots. Because you can blow people up with 2 shots. Hate to tell you but that is balance. If you don’t like playing that way then... don’t play that way. It’s hard to believe you’ve given adapting an honest try when your hypothetical description of adapting is “couldn’t beat them so joined them.”

I have tried building more tanky and can tell you in nocp BG's it makes little to no difference. Unless you're just hunting solo for solo stragglers as soon as you join the fray and go on the offense you literally can't stay in offense mode for more than 2 or 3 seconds, if you're not roll dodging or blocking you just get blown 20k+ res and Elusiveness won't keep you up for long, all you can do is go back to roll dodging and LoS'ing until you have a window to attack again, so it's the hit and run play style where you spend 90% of the fight rolling and avoiding damage and 10% smacking your opponent, fun and engaging game play? I'm talking BG's here where there's team fights all the time and you have to chose your offensive timings very carefully, as I say even with tankier builds it's hard to stay in the fight for long, may survive a few more hits but that's it. I mean just see things from this perspective, the average build health pool in nocp is around 22k health? Pay attention to your death recap and see how often you get hit for 5k+, that's around 1/4 of your total health don't you think that's a big chunk of health just for one swing? As soon as two players target you and you weren't able to dodge or block because you were actually trying to smack someone you're gone. Maybe that's the way the game is supposed to be, fair enough then it's just not for me, I came from MMO's with a different feel and TTK and this is quite the shock and what I'm saying is I would prefer an iteration of the game where players could stay in the fight swinging at each other for longer, not to the point where no one dies but the current iteration is on the extreme opposite end of the spectrum.
    Edited by Aeternum113 on July 3, 2020 4:16PM
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dorkener wrote: »
    The saddest part of the current meta is how much it rewards builds that condense their offense into a single button. Combo? What combo?
    - toppling charge -> sweeps ad nauseum (light up like a christmas tree as Grothdarr / Overwhelming surge go to work)
    - injection -> bombard spam (Yay Venomous is ticking)
    - steak in and spam rapid strikes... (OK technically they had to buff up with blade cloak and hurricane in advance for Draugrkin to produce unhealable damage but whatever)
    - mag dk...
    Anyone who's done BGs / IC lately knows this playstyle dominates "noob vs noob" engagements, and even at a more "advanced" level, the counterplay includes either:
    - steaking / shading away to recover and re-engage on your terms
    - or drop your own bomb in their face as theyre going through their routine and hope you kill them first
    If your class / build can't do either, you're boned. Makes the fights (and outcome) predictable and boring.

Oh, maybe something constructive - many of the culprits are AoE. I think it's about time magicka builds (other than NB) got access to (major) Evasion. Stam toons almost instinctively dodge roll after breaking free, for mag in no CP it's a death sentence. Evasion on a mag skill would perhaps grant 1-2 extra GCDs to "do something" while under fire from this procc garbage.

Agreed, especially with the steak / steaking part. Off to the kitchen...
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No-cp seems to run better even with full servers which isn't often. I feel like cp pushes certain abilities/classes/sets over the top. In CP my gankblade easily has over 3k crit resist with like 1 impen armor piece.

And I feel like no cp pushes certain abilities/classes/sets over the top. In CP I dont have much problems against procsets, malacath bands and not everyone is stamsorc there.
    Edited by West93 on July 3, 2020 6:16PM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    West93 wrote: »
    No-cp seems to run better even with full servers which isn't often. I feel like cp pushes certain abilities/classes/sets over the top. In CP my gankblade easily has over 3k crit resist with like 1 impen armor piece.

And I feel like no cp pushes certain abilities/classes/sets over the top. In CP I dont have much problems against procsets, malacath bands and not everyone is stamsorc there.

Proc sets being viable is a good thing imo. Brings more diversity to pvp. Just curious but what cp tree is making proc sets not a problem for you? More resists?
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because you’re able to do fine that isn’t an indication that something is fine , that’s a very flawed perspective. 1.6 was fun and people did fine but it was a terrible patch balance wise.

And that’s the thing, people will always be able to perform and adapt to terrible things, you naturally do that but the problem still remains regardless of your performance. That applies to video games and real life.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaiterOfZergs it depends I think. Me, for example, there are a lot of people better than me. But I do pretty good. So if I reference myself doing pretty well I don’t think it’s arrogant or a bad perspective I actually think it’s a good example of just trying to adapt. And the possible fact that it is doable. Most of the bad things in pvp from my standpoint revolve around performance issues. And probably that balorghs is overperforming. Everything else... well, I just think it’s too soon to say. I see some people doing very well.

@Aeternum113 I mean you’re right. I haven’t done a bg in a while but I almost exclusively do no cp cyrodil. I almost think your problem is more symptomatic of the lousy que system and getting lopsided teams, premade or not. Because if you say two talented players are ulti dumping you and you die in two seconds... I mean it was cheesy of them but I’m not sure that shouldn’t happen occasionally. But pretty much if you’re a nord or whatever, have major evasion, sword and shield... I mean even in medium armor if you can get that block up and have good self healing... you’re Gucci. Now if three people melt you... again... where is your team? I only say any of this because I think we are assuming the opponents you are facing are at least average players. If you feel like it’s so bad you’re dying to potatos then I mean... that’s not good. For me I feel incredibly stout going against two decent enemies. Can even flirt with going on offense a bit. Will even win, if they do me the courtesy of making a mistake. But you do have to actually build for it. It doesn’t take huge grinds or investments. Just a race change token maybe. Or a mundus stone swap.
  • Otiz
    Otiz
    ✭✭
    I love the fact that if you complain about dying too fast then you must be a noob.

I've been around this game since day 1, and I have other MMO's under my belt. Here is the deal:

Before I ever voice my opinion on forums, I challenge it myself. This means that if *** isnt working for me I look at other builds and other gear setups.

"If you don't like dying don't pvp" really solid argument mate. what I DON'T LIKE is dying Without the chance of doing anything about it. When TTK is this fast, in an MMO, you eleminate the need for skill. And that is the issue in No CP atm.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO I love this forums...... Forums: unkillable tanks should not exist and healing is op.... Zos:aight lets nerf healing..... Forums: we want unkillable tanks back why did you nerf healing when it was not even op...... And people wonder why zos struggles to balance the game
  • Otiz
    Otiz
    ✭✭
    LMAO I love this forums...... Forums: unkillable tanks should not exist and healing is op.... Zos:aight lets nerf healing..... Forums: we want unkillable tanks back why did you nerf healing when it was not even op...... And people wonder why zos struggles to balance the game

One extreme to the other is not balancing. [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on July 7, 2020 6:40PM
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a good time in no-CP but it definitely depends on which character I'm using and what kind of play style I'm utilizing. I find that investing into mobility and using hit-and-run tactics works best for me.. I have the most success on my medium-armor stamSorc. Also, support builds are fun :)
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why keep blaming CP? Stuff hasn’t changed in a few years yet damage is through the roof and healing got nerfed incorrectly. It’s not CP people, wake up.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the patch dropped I utterly hated the state of no complaints.
    Now I must admit I’ve totally changed my mind: I was forced to rethink my play style and make changes. Never been so active in discussions and trying to find different combinations.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll never balance either let alone both CP and no CP. Too many sets and skills. TBH; I hate that they try a lot as it leads to homogenization at best, and at worse; you wind up with one thing escaping the nerfs and standing out too much as an outlier.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's almost as if they didn't address the actual problems and just blanket nerfed healing. :)
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I like low ttk since mistakes are punished more severely and in BGs not a problem since waiting up to 20 seconds is a lot better than riding back to a keep.

Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Tanky meta!!! Fix it nobody dies ever!!!!111111!!!

ZOS cuts the healing.

Burst meta! I die all the time! Fix it!!!!!!111111

ZOS:
    9ed9933edc210f49e9660ee692f218d2.jpg

That's because ZOS is never adressing the actual issues and instead just making blanket turnarrounds while also adding op gear to sell their dlc. Trying to balance a game looks different.

True, but some players are able to adapt, some are not.

Just because people can adapt doesn't mean they have to like the changes. Don't mistake these two things.

This is the first time I find CP more appealing than no cp. Proc sets and class imbalances became just too blatant for me this patch.
  • Otiz
    Otiz
    ✭✭
    [Quoted post removed]

Not trying to be a smart ass, but now you are assuming.

This is not my first tango with an MMO. Right now we seem to be going from one extreme to the other. The issue with the current extreme i. e. burst meta, is that it takes all the skill out of it. Sure, the good player will probably still win more than the bad player, as he should - but he sure will die a lot more to bad players than was ever the case before.

One of ESO's differentiater to other MMO's is that you can block and dodge, and you can also self sustain a lot more than say WoW, where the holy trinity is ever prevailant. But right now the TTK is so fast that you are not going to be able to take advantage of these things.

In MMO PvP you should be deliberate with the choice you make, and there should be ample opportunity to better yourself. A new meta is awesome. New builds are awesome - my issue is that the value of defensive setups in No CP is not there, you will just die marginally slower.

I don't understand why this concept is so hard to grasp for people. WHy play an MMO if you just want mindless action? (which there is no shame in, I might add)
    Edited by Psiion on July 8, 2020 7:22PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the deliberate choices you make becomes ever more about teamwork, positioning, and target prioritization than 1) defile 2) debuff 3) stun 4) drop 2x dbos and 5) spam execute.

Edited by Metemsycosis on July 8, 2020 7:42PM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile