The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No CP has never been worse

Otiz
Otiz
✭✭
No skill [snip] where everyone dies to anybody.

[Edited for Inappropriate Content]
Edited by Psiion on July 1, 2020 9:49PM
  • Aeternum113
    Aeternum113
    ✭✭
    And the forum threads about this topic are starting to pile up.
  • Otiz
    Otiz
    ✭✭
    Hopefully they see that this is dog crap atm. I will not sub for this again
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing just fine in no-cp
  • Aeternum113
    Aeternum113
    ✭✭
    I'm doing just fine in no-cp

Happy for you mate. Sad for all the average players that spend more time running from respawn than actual engaging in fun balanced skirmishes.
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s your setup that you’re spending more time running out of respawn? With the healing reduction nerf you may have to add a utility set if you haven’t already. It can take time to adjust to certain changes for some people and their builds. Anything other than stamNecro and MagSorc had to change things after Greymoor. Share you’re build and maybe posters here can help.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don´t go into PvP if you´re afraid to die. Simple.
  • Aeternum113
    Aeternum113
    ✭✭
    Mind blowing, apparently this burst/ult dump one shot meta makes for quality pvp judging by some of the comments here. Well, maybe, if you never played other MMO's perhaps.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bastion of the heartland with major evasion helps solve a lot of problems. I use it on my bombblade in no cp (medium group not solo bomber) and do well with it. Doesn’t save you from thrassian magsorcs though if they strike first lol.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    If you dont like no CP, go play with crutch points then. Not sure what to tell you. Almost everyone had to adjust their builds.
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • Aeternum113
    Aeternum113
    ✭✭
    Ishtharo wrote: »
    If you dont like no CP, go play with crutch points then. Not sure what to tell you. Almost everyone had to adjust their builds.

So I'm assuming this one shot meta is your personal concept of good pvp, so the devs shouldn't change it for a vocal minority/majority who would like to have the damage tuned down a bit to make pvp for a more enjoyable experience where fights last longer than 2 seconds? Ok boss.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Disagree.ESO combat too broken to have compromise between everyone dies quick and nobody ever dies. Current way is preferable.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m having a blast this patch but we’ll see what it feels like after the event is over with. Overall I prefer the low TTK. Performance hasn’t been bad except last night when I tried to play in lagmore.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with the reduced TTK, if you are getting one-shot, you are doing it wrong.

But a well laid combo on someone who fails to react in time should earn a kill. But usually we are talking around 3 GCDs.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crutch points is a big lol, I don’t enjoy spending 10k stam to break and roll from DKs fossilise, having 3/5 pieces of final damage on my death feed from proc sets, getting insta killed by 2 snipes and a poison inject or all of the above at once lol, battlegrounds is far too easy to build cheesy for and if you think “class diversity” is bad in CP PvP, no CP is terrible.
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love current pvp state much more than endless CP dueling or rocks licking.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that CP PvP is actually more balanced than NOCP PvP this patch should tell you something.

Nocp has turned into a pure numbers game where whoever got the most players in a group usually dictates the fights, which is a horrible design btw.

Playing solo in nocp unless you're a magsorc, stamblade, stamden/stamcro is non existent (maybe magblade if you're confident in your cloak/shade). With the addition of unbalanced items such as malacaths ring, thrassian stranglers and overperforming procsets such as venomous smite, nocp is a malfunctioning mess.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanky meta!!! Fix it nobody dies ever!!!!111111!!!

ZOS cuts the healing.

Burst meta! I die all the time! Fix it!!!!!!111111

ZOS:
    9ed9933edc210f49e9660ee692f218d2.jpg
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

ZOS cuts the healing.

ZOS:

That's because ZOS is never adressing the actual issues and instead just making blanket turnarrounds while also adding op gear to sell their dlc. Trying to balance a game looks different.
    Edited by Rianai on July 3, 2020 8:56AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »

ZOS cuts the healing.

ZOS:

That's because ZOS is never adressing the actual issues and instead just making blanket turnarrounds while also adding op gear to sell their dlc. Trying to balance a game looks different.

True, but some players are able to adapt, some are not. I have changed my gear choice since Greymoor completly and still I am having a blast. Yes, there are new challanges, but thats good, I have to develop my setup and skill all the time. I found two new very dangerous types of enemies, but already have a way to fight them. Adapting is the key:

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” - Albert Einstein.

Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe some players are not willing to "adapt", because adapting means spending money on some worthless pve content, waste hours on the most boring grind possible, just to be able to play something that is absolutely not fun to play.
  • Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    The saddest part of the current meta is how much it rewards builds that condense their offense into a single button. Combo? What combo?
    - toppling charge -> sweeps ad nauseum (light up like a christmas tree as Grothdarr / Overwhelming surge go to work)
    - injection -> bombard spam (Yay Venomous is ticking)
    - steak in and spam rapid strikes... (OK technically they had to buff up with blade cloak and hurricane in advance for Draugrkin to produce unhealable damage but whatever)
    - mag dk...
    Anyone who's done BGs / IC lately knows this playstyle dominates "noob vs noob" engagements, and even at a more "advanced" level, the counterplay includes either:
    - steaking / shading away to recover and re-engage on your terms
    - or drop your own bomb in their face as theyre going through their routine and hope you kill them first
    If your class / build can't do either, you're boned. Makes the fights (and outcome) predictable and boring.

Oh, maybe something constructive - many of the culprits are AoE. I think it's about time magicka builds (other than NB) got access to (major) Evasion. Stam toons almost instinctively dodge roll after breaking free, for mag in no CP it's a death sentence. Evasion on a mag skill would perhaps grant 1-2 extra GCDs to "do something" while under fire from this procc garbage.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe some players are not willing to "adapt", because adapting means spending money on some worthless pve content, waste hours on the most boring grind possible, just to be able to play something that is absolutely not fun to play.

I understand you as I hate grinding and rng the most (still can't forget around 100 runs in DoM to not get even 1 auroran destruction stuff)...

But... Antiquities are pretty fine, I've leveled the skill lines in a few hours (while watching Netflix on the other screen) and got desired items next day. It's really not that bad.

Also I have few builds made of my old gear without antiquities and these are still very very viable, just needed to be rebuilt because of changes.

The real loser is not the one who fails 1000 times but the one who gave up after 1st failure.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Aeternum113
    Aeternum113
    ✭✭

And let's say we even go the extra mile and adapt, right, we're now able to 2 shot / ult dump everyone. Are we having fun playing pvp in a MMO with the same TTK as a shooter? Obviously this seems to be where the community gets divided, some players get satisfaction out of killing people in 2 seconds and some players don't and would prefer fights to last a bit longer.
    Edited by Aeternum113 on July 3, 2020 9:56AM
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand you [...]

No, you don't. But it is ok. Just different mindsets.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And let's say we even go the extra mile and adapt, right, we're now able to 2 shot / ult dump everyone. Are we having fun playing pvp in a MMO with the same TTK as a shooter? Obviously this seems to be where the community gets divided, some players get satisfaction out of killing people in 2 seconds and some players don't and would prefer fights to last a bit longer.

...and this is just a matter of PoV. For me nothing really changed after Greymoor because I have said I have adapted. If you stick to old setups, then you may be a bit squishier while enemies are a bit more bursty. You say like this is an absolute and only truth for all players, but its not. Actually its hard to tell which group will be bigger, for sure there is more deaths in PvP right now, but I have also experienced a lot of pretty good tanking. Just an example of how this can varry depending on who is observing:

Yesterday I saw 1 vamp magplar tanking and running around some buildings in IC while being attacked by ~10 enemy players. They couldn't kill him for like 2 minutes.

A bit later I've met the same player and killed him 1v1 within 30s. Why? Not because I am such a pro monster, but because when in 1vX scenario he focused on defense, while in 1v1 he was careless thinking he can easly facetank 1 player if something goes wrong. Now was he an extremly tanky player or was he squishy?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Aeternum113
    Aeternum113
    ✭✭

...and this is just a matter of PoV. For me nothing really changed after Greymoor because I have said I have adapted. If you stick to old setups, then you may be a bit squishier while enemies are a bit more bursty. You say like this is an absolute and only truth for all players, but its not. Actually its hard to tell which group will be bigger, for sure there is more deaths in PvP right now, but I have also experienced a lot of pretty good tanking. Just an example of how this can varry depending on who is observing:

Yesterday I saw 1 vamp magplar tanking and running around some buildings in IC while being attacked by ~10 enemy players. They couldn't kill him for like 2 minutes.

A bit later I've met the same player and killed him 1v1 within 30s. Why? Not because I am such a pro monster, but because when in 1vX scenario he focused on defense, while in 1v1 he was careless thinking he can easly facetank 1 player if something goes wrong. Now was he an extremly tanky player or was he squishy?

So you're saying it's still possible to build tanky and not die in a couple of seconds in a BG nocp environment and still have enough offensive power? If that's the case then I guess it's just a matter of time until everyone starts building like that and the TTK reverts back to acceptable levels. I still haven't played any other MMO where K/D ratios are so bad and people die so much and so quickly and to top it off where the healer role in BG's is non existent so this sort no reaction time TTK feels unpleasant to play with, I suppose it's fine for ESO die hards who haven't tried any different games, sometimes judging by what I read here I get the feeling the ESO community is mainly players that never played any other MMO's that have been in the market for 15+ years and know no different than this.
    Edited by Aeternum113 on July 3, 2020 1:54PM
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malacath and Venomous last patch would have been more balanced.

But the fact is they blanket nerfed healing, which decreases how much damage you can mitigate. Then everyone has more damage at the same time.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is that different than any other MMO that released a new DLC with new gear? Seems par for the course. Adapt or splat.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on July 3, 2020 11:43AM
  • eKsDee
    eKsDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Disagree.ESO combat too broken to have compromise between everyone dies quick and nobody ever dies. Current way is preferable.

Remove either CP or non-CP, and bring the remaining one closer to a middle ground. CP is in a better spot, while non-CP is leaning too heavily towards damage. It's purely down to Zenimax trying to balance one while ignoring the other, so remove one of them. Not hard.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No-cp seems to run better even with full servers which isn't often. I feel like cp pushes certain abilities/classes/sets over the top. In CP my gankblade easily has over 3k crit resist with like 1 impen armor piece.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on July 3, 2020 2:38PM