The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We need to talk about Eternal Vigor

• Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my option EV is a strong set...a very strong set in the right hands.

Nothing amazing for any 'normal' or average player.

Definitely not OP: you can't compare it to some toxic gear or mix you can obtain with some proc sets and/or Arena weapons
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xiomaro wrote: »
    Procs definitely overshadow stat sets. That's a problem. But Eternal Vigor is one of the strongest stat sets in the game. Yes, it's a sustain set but that sustain is so strong that you can forgo sustain from any other source. That means you can run max stat food, infused wd/sd jewellery and so on. On some builds that makes a bigger difference than any other option. Plus the health regen kicking in when you're low gives you a pretty sizeable boost in tankiness.

Yes, Torc can give you similar sustain but it doesn't give you health regen like EV does. And someone mentioned EV working better on some classes than others? I would say Torc is even more dependent on class.

I'm not sure I would say this set should be on the chopping block. But in a proc meta, EV is one of the few stat sets that still finds its way into a lot of builds in no CP, including mine. It actually works really well as part of a proc build because it's so stat dense.

Exactly. The argument that it doesn't kill somebody is nonsense, because by running such a stat heavy set for sustain, you don't need to build any other sustain. And allows you to stack damaging.

Each patch note, ZOS mentions that they are tuning sets by 50 max mag to bring it in-line with their "set bonus efficiency standard".

How the hell does EV meet this "standard'? I run it on all of my stam toons, because it's far and away the best stat-based set in the game. It's just not healthy for build-diversity. EV is essentially a must-wear for non-proc builds.

If anyone thinks EV (which it is not) is balanced then every other sustain set needs a serious buff as well as the glyphs.

Imagine if you had as many stat based sets lke EV to choose from as you do Proc sets

Dont you think you wouldn't be pigeonholed into EV and dont you think you'd have a more diverse PvP without losing much at all in terms of PvP performance?

I do, but if the question is "should EV be nerfed, or every single set (besides EV)/glyph/enchant/trait re-evaluated", I think we know what's more practical.

Yes. Procsets are a problem. But realistically, there are only a handful that are. Most proc sets are garbage, and if crimson twilight, unleashed terror, venomous smite, etc were all deleted from the game, people likely wouldn't even run the alternatives. Adjust these. Do you really need to nerf a *** set like Affliction or Twin Sisters?

But just because there are overtuned proc sets (that are just too easy/reliable to proc) doesn't mean a stat-based set cannot also be overtuned. For those of us that run stat-based sets, it's boring because EV is a 100% must run. There is no combination of other sets + traits/enchants that even come close.

PvE is different since its all parse, but in PvP, it should be a goal that no set is "BiS". Especially across classes.
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not OP. Not at all.

Its on par with proc sets.

Example: people would claim Spriggan to be OP if it gave approx 9k penetration, however it wouldnt up your damage beyond that of way of fire.

Essentially most stat based sets are 33% below a proc set.

So a comparable proc set would be... EG I suppose...and it gives 1100 per sec of stam or mag (2200 recovery equivalent) add up EV numbers and lookie they seem pretty on par 674 +1100 is 1874.

Of course there's variables such as 25% on EG or the below/above health on EV but seems on par

You can't compare resource values EV to EG. You could not get a stam proc or mag proc in any given fight.

And I'm not sure where those numbers are coming from, but you get if you get a proc ON cool down, you get 550 resource for 6s per 10s. That is 666 essential recovery assuming you get stam/mag return, and again, on cool down. (Not likely).

Compare that to EV 5 piece where it's always 674 return PLUS 1400 max HP And that resource return is guaranteed to be a resource you need as you can build around it. That is further amplified by medium armor passives if you run medium, or sorc passives, or nb passives, or even tri pots/momentum giving endurance/intellect (this is only to compare it to EG, which really doesn't even make sense in the first place).

You can't rely on a 25% chance to get a 33% chance of getting the resource you need. Also, we've never compared monster sets to 5 piece sets. They've never been into be same discussion.

Out of all the stat based sets in the game, EV out-performs literally all of them.

You get it per .5 sec as the tooltips reads FYI, and recovery is per 2 sec

A 25% on cool may as well up 100% uptime

Edit: almost all stat based sets are badly undertuned

You are right, I misread that, thought it was per second.

But no, 25% is not on cool down. Assuming you're casting abilities on cool down, which frankly isn't always the case unless you are in a straight duel, that means it's the same recovery over a 40% longer period.

And I disagree. Stat based sets are not overtuned. Proc sets (a select 5 or so. Most are still ***,) are overtuned. We don't need any more power creep.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »
    Yes, but it has bad 2-4 bonuses, so while overloaded it has it's downsides. Torc of conal constancy much better imo, so eternal vigor is just a poor man's torc for those who don't have Greymoor.

Isn't Eternal Vigor found in Western Skyrim?

You can buy it off traders. It's also far better than torc. Torc is nice

Ah. I usually don't buy Overland gear off of traders, and thought that one had to own the Chapter to be able to obtain the gear (even off of guild traders).

Thanks for clearing that up!
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiming in again to re-iterate that Grundwulf and Stonekeeper need a buff
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @IAmIcehouse I wont disagree that proc sets are overtuned (which may as well as say stats are under tuned by comparison)

However it doesnt look like ZoS is gonna be nerfing so many proc sets any time soon; and there is a segment of the population that really likes proc sets.

Id think the best solution is to buff non proc (we know which procs Im talkin bout) to keep proc people happy and to make stat people happy.

Its the same conclusion but everyone hates nerfs and can usually get down on buffs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like EV set since it opens up a hybrid playstyle for me on certain classes.

Buff other stat sets and nerf procs.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    Xiomaro wrote: »
    Procs definitely overshadow stat sets. That's a problem. But Eternal Vigor is one of the strongest stat sets in the game. Yes, it's a sustain set but that sustain is so strong that you can forgo sustain from any other source. That means you can run max stat food, infused wd/sd jewellery and so on. On some builds that makes a bigger difference than any other option. Plus the health regen kicking in when you're low gives you a pretty sizeable boost in tankiness.

Yes, Torc can give you similar sustain but it doesn't give you health regen like EV does. And someone mentioned EV working better on some classes than others? I would say Torc is even more dependent on class.

I'm not sure I would say this set should be on the chopping block. But in a proc meta, EV is one of the few stat sets that still finds its way into a lot of builds in no CP, including mine. It actually works really well as part of a proc build because it's so stat dense.

Exactly. The argument that it doesn't kill somebody is nonsense, because by running such a stat heavy set for sustain, you don't need to build any other sustain. And allows you to stack damaging.

Each patch note, ZOS mentions that they are tuning sets by 50 max mag to bring it in-line with their "set bonus efficiency standard".

How the hell does EV meet this "standard'? I run it on all of my stam toons, because it's far and away the best stat-based set in the game. It's just not healthy for build-diversity. EV is essentially a must-wear for non-proc builds.

If anyone thinks EV (which it is not) is balanced then every other sustain set needs a serious buff as well as the glyphs.

Imagine if you had as many stat based sets lke EV to choose from as you do Proc sets

Dont you think you wouldn't be pigeonholed into EV and dont you think you'd have a more diverse PvP without losing much at all in terms of PvP performance?

want a stam amber plasm real bad.

stamber plasm :lol:
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not OP.
    Example: people would claim Spriggan to be OP if it gave approx 9k penetration, however it wouldnt up your damage beyond that of way of fire

That is so cooked I can’t believe I just read that. If spriggans gave 9k pen permanently it would be the penultimate PvP set. It would *** on every set in the entire game. Is this your genuine logic? Good to know so I never read most of the questionable things you say and wonder “is this guy ironic or what?”
    Edited by Dunning_Kruger on November 20, 2020 1:53PM

For the Queen bby
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not OP.
    Example: people would claim Spriggan to be OP if it gave approx 9k penetration, however it wouldnt up your damage beyond that of way of fire

That is so cooked I can’t believe I just read that. If spriggans gave 9k pen permanently it would be the penultimate PvP set. It would *** on every set in the entire game. Is this your genuine logic? Good to know so I never read most of the questionable things you say and wonder “is this guy ironic or what?”

Its math my friend.

Ill give you an example:

Lets say you have a 20k tooltip damage per sec. Lets say your opponent has 14k resistance (Light Armor + Major Buff)

Your real damage dealt is: 7800 (after BS etc)

Spriggan at 9k penetration will provide 1300 damage dealt in that attack, bringing your damage dealt to 9,100.

Way of Fire provides 3945 every 2 secs. Or 1972 every sec, or 986 after BS. Now we apply the resistance mod, leaving 878 damage.

So at 20k tooltip damage per sec Spriggan (at 9k not its real number) out performs Way of Fire by 422 damage per second in our scenario.

Now if we were to reduce our damage per sec dealt to lets say 10k tooltip lets see how they compare:

5k after BS, then we apply the 14k resistance leaving 3900 damage
    Applying a 9k Spriggan means the total reduction from resistance goes to 8.3% leaving 4550 damage
    This means at 10k tooltip damage per sec 9k spriggans provides 650 damage per sec

Meaning Way of Fire outperforms a 9k Spriggans by 228 damage per sec

This would put Spriggans at a curve that either under performs to Procs based on stats, or Outperforms Proc sets based on stats

Mind you this is at 9k penetration.
    At Spriggan's current value; it always under performs Way of Fire, until you hit INSANE unrealistic numbers.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather fight someone wearing this set than venomous smite. I don't care if it's better or more efficient, at least the players must use abilities to kill me.
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not OP.

Its math my friend.

Ill give you an example:

Lets say you have a 20k tooltip damage per sec. Lets say your opponent has 14k resistance (Light Armor + Major Buff)

Your real damage dealt is: 7800 (after BS etc)

Spriggan at 9k penetration will provide 1300 damage dealt in that attack, bringing your damage dealt to 9,100.

Way of Fire provides 3945 every 2 secs. Or 1972 every sec, or 986 after BS. Now we apply the resistance mod, leaving 878 damage.

So at 20k tooltip damage per sec Spriggan (at 9k not its real number) out performs Way of Fire by 422 damage per second in our scenario.

Now if we were to reduce our damage per sec dealt to lets say 10k tooltip lets see how they compare:

5k after BS, then we apply the 14k resistance leaving 3900 damage
    Applying a 9k Spriggan means the total reduction from resistance goes to 8.3% leaving 4550 damage
    This means at 10k tooltip damage per sec 9k spriggans provides 650 damage per sec

Meaning Way of Fire outperforms a 9k Spriggans by 228 damage per sec

This would put Spriggans at a curve that either under performs to Procs based on stats, or Outperforms Proc sets based on stats

Mind you this is at 9k penetration.
    At Spriggan's current value; it always under performs Way of Fire, until you hit INSANE unrealistic numbers.

Spriggans isn't a dot. Penetration affects all damage you are doing to your target. If your target is only taking an attack per second, it's no wonder you're crutching on way of fire.
    I'd rather fight someone wearing this set than venomous smite. I don't care if it's better or more efficient, at least the players must use abilities to kill me.

Then if EV is the bar, every other stat based set/glyph/enchant needs to be re-evaluated. You can't have one stat based set be so far above every other one. It allows for nearly no build diversity. And that's far too unrealistic of an expectation.

And to be fair, venomous smite is losing popularity in OW. People are leaning on more HA proc sets, which pair so well with EV since you have the sustain of medium on HA with no sacrifice to valuable jewel enchants
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @IAmIcehouse its not about the number of attacks, its about the amount of damage being dealt per second.

Of course Spriggans is not a DoT, its penetration; so obviously it has a curve.

The more damage you deal, the more Spriggan has an effect.

The problem is, the amount of damage you have to deal in a single gcd (no matter how many attacks there are in that GCD) for Spriggans to curve to ANY PROC set is unrealistic.

Spriggans users will have to deal, ATM, something like 40k tooltip damage per second to compare to Unleashed Terror, Way of Fire, Icy Conjurer, Sheer Venom, vMA 2h, Vate 2h, etc etc etc

You cannot sustain 40kdps in PvP, but you can sustain proc damage infinitely

Edit: I dont think people understand how OP proc damage is vs Stat sets.
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 21, 2020 10:00PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @IAmIcehouse its not about the number of attacks, its about the amount of damage being dealt per second.

Of course Spriggans is not a DoT, its penetration; so obviously it has a curve.

The more damage you deal, the more Spriggan has an effect.

The problem is, the amount of damage you have to deal in a single gcd (no matter how many attacks there are in that GCD) for Spriggans to curve to ANY PROC set is unrealistic.

Spriggans users will have to deal, ATM, something like 40k tooltip damage per second to compare to Unleashed Terror, Way of Fire, Icy Conjurer, Sheer Venom, vMA 2h, Vate 2h, etc etc etc

You cannot sustain 40kdps in PvP, but you can sustain proc damage infinitely

Edit: I dont think people understand how OP proc damage is vs Stat sets.

Well said, people miss the point. Proc sets out peform stat based sets unless you hit numbers that are ludicrious to begin with.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, nerf the only non-proc set worth using /s
  • tenryuta
    tenryuta
    ✭✭✭
    EV+ancient dragonguard, great for pugs(as tank, or with a really bad tank fake tanking), hybrid sustain(FIRE EVERYTHING!!!)
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I wish more stat based sets were on par with eternal vigor considering the state of proc sets its one of the few stat sets that is kind of viable in the current meta..... so unless proc sets get nerfed I would rather see stat based sets buffed to eternal vigors level than loose one of the few stat sets we can run in this meta
  • tenryuta
    tenryuta
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I wish more stat based sets were on par with eternal vigor considering the state of proc sets its one of the few stat sets that is kind of viable in the current meta..... so unless proc sets get nerfed I would rather see stat based sets buffed to eternal vigors level than loose one of the few stat sets we can run in this meta

is this damage procs like bahrahas/darkness/fire/syvarra/etc, or those "do blah, get MOAR POWA" sets(ie wp/sp for x sec). the former i dont think could pull the meta numbers the leet do(1-2k per sec with gear grade scaling, not stat scaling, with valkyn being higher burst with a 12sec downtime, and 8m tether to boot).

i use sets to fit a theme, although all my characters may be sticking to bahs, because its a decent small aoe leech, and whatever second 5p set that accents the class variation.

and EV is likely meant to enable hybrids that layer 2-3 dots and an execute to ignore weapon type(staff with stam skills[battlemage?], sword with mag spells[spellsword]
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Ive never complained about ev and i dont think i ever will, now if ev provided los and ate ult like engine i would definately complain. Even the hp rec from ev isnt as good as the heal from engine, you c an easily burst through hp rec. Ev is fine its other sets that underperform. But i guess when it comes to how i like to play ev getting nerfed or other sets getting buffed wont make a difference for me.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amberplasm + troll king basically. It might not be a damage proc set but it's over performing.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, there's nothing inherently wrong with the idea behind the design of Eternal Vigor. It's function as a PVP focused sustain set is appealing, especially considering it provides sustain for the off-resource for both Mag and Stam builds as well as a defensive boost through Health Regeneration and a Maximum Health boost. Even the idea behind the fifth-piece bonus—more offensive sustain when on the offense and more defensive sustain when on defense—is beneficial. Wrap this up in the fact that it's an overland set which makes it more accessible for those looking for easier to obtain good PVP sets.

However, it is easy to see the strength in this set that pushes it into worthwhile conversation regarding whether it is overpowered or not. I personally do not reached much of an opinion one way or another, but can see how it can be seen either way. I'd argue, that if any part of the set is indeed over-tuned, then it would be in the fifth-piece bonus. In that sense, the simple solution, which would not idea behind the set would be to tune down the amount of Health Recovery provided by the fifth-piece bonus. For instance:
    5 items: Adds 7-337 Stamina and Magicka Recovery while your Health is above 50%. Adds 23-1011 14-674 Health Recovery while your Health is 50% or less.

This change would still enable the defensive bonus when below 50% Health, but bring the level into a potentially (depending on your thoughts on EV) more reasonable range. With the new value, when below 50% Health, the total Health Recovery would be equal to the combination of the Stamina and Magicka Recovery provided when above 50% Health (337 + 337 = 674). The 674 Health Recovery bonus would also bring it below the current value of Troll King's 2-piece bonus of 925, which already has two conditions attached to it.

(I don't see any issue with the values of the Stam and Mag Recovery in comparison to Amber Plasm, considering that EV is purely sustain-focused, and should be strong in that respect, compared to AP which provides both Damage and Sustain oriented bonuses.)
    Edited by ealdwin on March 1, 2021 4:50AM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, there's nothing inherently wrong with the idea behind the design of Eternal Vigor. It's function as a PVP focused sustain set is appealing, especially considering it provides sustain for the off-resource for both Mag and Stam builds as well as a defensive boost through Health Regeneration and a Maximum Health boost. Even the idea behind the fifth-piece bonus—more offensive sustain when on the offense and more defensive sustain when on defense—is beneficial. Wrap this up in the fact that it's an overland set which makes it more accessible for those looking for easier to obtain good PVP sets.

However, it is easy to see the strength in this set that pushes it into worthwhile conversation regarding whether it is overpowered or not. I personally do not reached much of an opinion one way or another, but can see how it can be seen either way. I'd argue, that if any part of the set is indeed over-tuned, then it would be in the fifth-piece bonus. In that sense, the simple solution, which would not idea behind the set would be to tune down the amount of Health Recovery provided by the fifth-piece bonus. For instance:
    5 items: Adds 7-337 Stamina and Magicka Recovery while your Health is above 50%. Adds 23-1011 14-674 Health Recovery while your Health is 50% or less.

This change would still enable the defensive bonus when below 50% Health, but bring the level into a potentially (depending on your thoughts on EV) more reasonable range. With the new value, when below 50% Health, the total Health Recovery would be equal to the combination of the Stamina and Magicka Recovery provided when above 50% Health (337 + 337 = 674). The 674 Health Recovery bonus would also bring it below the current value of Troll King's 2-piece bonus of 925, which already has two conditions attached to it.

(I don't see any issue with the values of the Stam and Mag Recovery in comparison to Amber Plasm, considering that EV is purely sustain-focused, and should be strong in that respect, compared to AP which provides both Damage and Sustain oriented bonuses.)

Above 50% health, it's amber plasm without the spell damage. Under 50% health, it turns into troll king.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on March 3, 2021 9:22PM
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually wouldn’t hate if they made the hp recovery 330 and make all 3 recoveries active all the damn time.

For the Queen bby
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

Dont worry, procs will be the best damage option for troll tank builds that can also kill people.

Above 50% health, it's amber plasm without the spell damage. Under 50% health, it turns into troll king.

Amberplasm 5pc - some regen + max health

Self only troll king + max health - troll's proc condition

So you are wrong. I bet this set looks balanced at excel file devs use. But this is not a fixed set, it give what you need. Max health needs to go, regens may be buffed 5-10% afterwards.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish, all sets get removed and we'd run around naked smashing our heads with wooden piles only...but then, people would start complaining that one's pile has more edges or is a bit longer - what's obviously op...
    Edited by Stahlor on March 4, 2021 9:29AM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

Dont worry, procs will be the best damage option for troll tank builds that can also kill people.

Amberplasm 5pc - some regen + max health

Self only troll king + max health - troll's proc condition

So you are wrong. I bet this set looks balanced at excel file devs use. But this is not a fixed set, it give what you need. Max health needs to go, regens may be buffed 5-10% afterwards.

But why run any other regen set when you have EV as an option?
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    For starters, why does such a stat dense 5 piece also have 1400 max health on it?

Nearly 700 resource recovery and 1400, max health? It's absurd and makes it must-run on any non proc build.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eternal Vigor is one of the game elements trivializing survival and sustain, which to me is far more toxic and anti-skill than any damage proc, save for maybe Vatesh Destro.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but it seems like the mag/stam regen on this set is being calculated as only one or the other mag or stam, and not both. This is evident by statistically analyzing the health regeneration bonus.

By comparing the health recovery portion to unconditional 5 pc bonuses like beekeepers gear that are valued at 2.32 2-4 pc set bonuses*, we can see that the eternal vigor health bonus is being valued at ~2.61 2-4 pc bonuses.

Because of the similar proc conditions, it's safe to assume that the health recovery bonus and the stam/mag recovery bonus are weighted equally. Multiplying the typical 2-4 pc bonus of 129 recovery by this value of 2.61 gets, you guessed it, 337 or the exact value of either the mag or stam recovery bonus of the 5 pc eternal vigor. This provides evidence that only the mag or stam regen is being counted toward the sets overall stat density, similar to how other hybrid sets get away with this (domihaus 1pc of 1096 mag and stam, for example).

Calculating the overall stat density under these conditions, eternal vigors 5 pc isn't actually overloaded, clocking in at only 3.77 times that of what a typical 2-4 pc set bonus provides, including the bonus to max health.

I'm not justifying the set in anyway, just thought it would be interesting to throw this out there, because I am sure this is how the developers are calculating the 5 pc for eternal vigor.

*evidence and math: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/562332/stat-bonuses-to-health-recovery-are-inconsistent#latest
    Edited by twing1_ on March 5, 2021 12:49AM
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    twing1_ wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but it seems like the mag/stam regen on this set is being calculated as only one or the other mag or stam, and not both. This is evident by statistically analyzing the health regeneration bonus.

By comparing the health recovery portion to unconditional 5 pc bonuses like beekeepers gear that are valued at 2.32 2-4 pc set bonuses*, we can see that the eternal vigor health bonus is being valued at ~2.61 2-4 pc bonuses.

Because of the similar proc conditions, it's safe to assume that the health recovery bonus and the stam/mag recovery bonus are weighted equally. Multiplying the typical 2-4 pc bonus of 129 recovery by this value of 2.61 gets, you guessed it, 337 or the exact value of either the mag or stam recovery bonus of the 5 pc eternal vigor. This provides evidence that only the mag or stam regen is being counted toward the sets overall stat density, similar to how other hybrid sets get away with this (domihaus 1pc of 1096 mag and stam, for example).

Calculating the overall stat density under these conditions, eternal vigors 5 pc isn't actually overloaded, clocking in at only 3.77 times that of what a typical 2-4 pc set bonus provides, including the bonus to max health.

I'm not justifying the set in anyway, just thought it would be interesting to throw this out there, because I am sure this is how the developers are calculating the 5 pc for eternal vigor.

*evidence and math: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/562332/stat-bonuses-to-health-recovery-are-inconsistent#latest

It is both...