The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Better AP rewards for defending keeps

kapachia
kapachia
✭✭✭
Compare to taking few RSS, defending keeps for 30 mins yield so little AP. No wonder we are just switching keeps back and forth instead of defending (except for home tri-keeps)
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    kapachia wrote: »
    Compare to taking few RSS, defending keeps for 30 mins yield so little AP. No wonder we are just switching keeps back and forth instead of defending (except for home tri-keeps)

like defing 30min for 60k ap ? which happend to me at the event ~5times
  • MKintr
    MKintr
    ✭✭✭
    Defense gives very high AP if a lot of enemies get killed and if the defense is successful.
    The main problem is, if you loose the defense, you get no AP at all. You can waste 30 minutes or even an hour, kill loads of enemies fight back countless waves, but if you loose in the end, there is no reward for it. This should be changed.
  • kapachia
    kapachia
    ✭✭✭
    Xologamer wrote: »
    kapachia wrote: »

like defing 30min for 60k ap ? which happend to me at the event ~5times

Nah, often defending a keep has gotten 15-18K for successfully defending a keep. Yes, there has been very random 40k tic. But that is an exception.

Rss can be flipped for more than that in 30 mins.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MKintr wrote: »
    The main problem is, if you loose the defense, you get no AP at all.

You get AP for killing enemies and healing friendlies during the defense. There is more to life than tick size.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • MKintr
    MKintr
    ✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »

You get AP for killing enemies and healing friendlies during the defense. There is more to life than tick size.

Sure, but not much AP. In the end only AP decides who wins the campaign and AP pays for your invested time.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    The main problem is, if you loose the defense, you get no AP at all.

The tick size is what’s causing the faction stacks as offensive ticks are far superior to defensive. It hasn’t always been this way though. Now everyone just piles up in a faction to get offensive ticks and don’t worry too much about defending as you can just get more AP by going back and taking it later.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Defense gives very high AP if a lot of enemies get killed and if the defense is successful.
    The main problem is, if you loose the defense, you get no AP at all. You can waste 30 minutes or even an hour, kill loads of enemies fight back countless waves, but if you loose in the end, there is no reward for it. This should be changed.

Although I agree that it can be very unfair to the defenders sincerely fighting very hard, what kind of system would prevent an exploit that might look like a horde of players of Alliance A being basically allowed by Alliance B to steamroll into their keep while they did nothing except "lose the defense" and collect AP?
    If you think AP Boosting is lucrative now, this would let both phoney attackers and phoney defenders get AP.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 2, 2020 8:12AM
  • MKintr
    MKintr
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Although I agree that it can be very unfair to the defenders sincerely fighting very hard, what kind of system would prevent an exploit that might look like a horde of players of Alliance A being basically allowed by Alliance B to steamroll into their keep while they did nothing except "lose the defense" and collect AP?
    If you think AP Boosting is lucrative now, this would let both phoney attackers and phoney defenders get AP.

I can agree to this, but it leaves a shallow taste to make things worse/unfair for all because a minority could misuse the system.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is the defense of keeps and outposts much worse than it used to be because of this?

Or have newer players over the past few years not learned how for some reason?

During the current MYM I've been on many campaigns and the sloppiness of defenses has made me sad. Defending is one of my top favorite things to do in Cyrodiil. That an AvAvA dressage, where I make my mount prance around and leap over combatants engaged in battle on pitched open-field battles.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    During the current MYM I've been on many campaigns and the sloppiness of defenses has made me sad. Defending is one of my top favorite things to do in Cyrodiil.

They already tried to help people move to a keep to prepare a defense, by letting resource-capture be an early warning system and keeping the links to active if the attackers don't seize the resource. But the limited costs accrued by losing a castle are against this being a priority (unless maybe you happen to have a Scroll sitting there, which could end up being a PITA to take back).

I can see how it's just easier to stay in a massive-we-always-capture-the-castle attack group and retake territory later, especially if you would have to pull away from an attack. Otherwise you'd never get anything done if you react to every feint by the enemy poking one of your castle resources.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 5, 2020 7:21AM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    During the current MYM I've been on many campaigns and the sloppiness of defenses has made me sad. Defending is one of my top favorite things to do in Cyrodiil.

They already tried to help people move to a keep to prepare a defense, by letting resource-capture be an early warning system and keeping the links to active if the attackers don't seize the resource. But the limited costs accrued by losing a castle are against this being a priority (unless maybe you happen to have a Scroll sitting there, which could end up being a PITA to take back).

I can see how it's just easier to stay in a massive-we-always-capture-the-castle attack group and retake territoryt later, especially if you would have to pull away from an attack. Otherwise you'd never get anything done if you react to every feint by the enemy poking one of your castle resources.

Resource capture was only ever an early warning system for groups that didn't just directly attack a wall or gate first, but yeah I and others suggested long ago various ways to make the value of holding keeps and taking keeps more interesting and valuable. Still, I did manage to have a few good defenses yesterday at last :)
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those AP defticks are probably the biggest mystery in Cyrodiil.

You can have a epic battle in a keep, many sieges, many kills and you are rewarded with 2.500 AP then.
    I once ganked 3 players, who rotated from the farm to lumber. They had to come close to the keep. I killed them there and got a 40k AP deftick (not on double AP event). RIP logic ^^