The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there a way to see why I was social banned?

Toxien
Toxien
✭✭
I haven't done anything that would cause it that I can think of. But by the looks of it randomly today I was social banned. I send a bug report because I believed it was a bug. But looking at it now I must have been social banned. And as said no clue why. I suppose I have to send a ticket or something? Just so what ever I did doesn't happen again.
Thank you for your help and time.

Best Answer

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's usually either because you've spammed a lot of messages to guild members, or else you suffered lag when making normal inputs and because the lag held them back and then released them in one go the program's anti-spam routine caught them and assumed you were spamming.
  • Dragonslayerdovakiin
    I obviously cant say why you were social banned, however some addons can cause you to be social banned (like addons which dispense a lot of messages) as this is not a guaranteed thing, and not the addon's fault, but the game considers you as sending X number of mails in X timeframe and thinks you are spamming (when in reality you might be mailing everyone in your guild about something) not 100% sure but I have heard things like that before
  • Toxien
    Toxien
    ✭✭
    I obviously cant say why you were social banned, however some addons can cause you to be social banned (like addons which dispense a lot of messages) as this is not a guaranteed thing, and not the addon's fault, but the game considers you as sending X number of mails in X timeframe and thinks you are spamming (when in reality you might be mailing everyone in your guild about something) not 100% sure but I have heard things like that before

I am on xbox. So got no addons. But thanks!
  • Toxien
    Toxien
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    It's usually either because you've spammed a lot of messages to guild members, or else you suffered lag when making normal inputs and because the lag held them back and then released them in one go the program's anti-spam routine caught them and assumed you were spamming.

Interesting. I am on xbox. But seemingly that would be a bug then.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toxien wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »

Interesting. I am on xbox. But seemingly that would be a bug then.

I believe it happens on PC regardless of whether you have add-ons. If your inputs are delayed (which I assume can happen on console although I have no personal experience of that version), then it will have that effect. It isn't a bug so much as a consequence of lagged inputs.
  • Toxien
    Toxien
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Toxien

You will need to open a ticket with customer support for help with the social ban. You can post your ticket number here if you need to check on the ticket.

Thank you so much. But which subject do I put it under? Nothing fits my situration in the support.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Toxien

Here is a rundown of how you can appeal the social ban.
    • Click this link.
    • Fill out the information requested.
    • Include the e-mail address associated with the banned account and the information requested to the best of your ability.
    • Describe the problem in the space provided.
    • Click Submit to send the appeal to Customer Support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post