Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your account was suspended

Llewelyns
Llewelyns
I am trying to figure this out.

My account was suspended. I received an email today saying ESO Plus Membership Cancellation. Even if I did cancel ESO Plus, which I didn't shouldn't I still be able to play the game?

I opened a ticket from my wife's account, because I can't from this account, basically I was told there wasn't a reason listed and so they had to pass this on to another team.

Over the past two months I have spent over $1000 across my three family accounts, over $400 on my account only to have it be suspended without any interaction with me, no notification and no explanation.. I understand that they are short staffed. So if you are short staffed then you shouldn't be suspending accounts causing an increase in the number of tickets that are being worked.

Now we are nearing the 60 day mark so I am wondering how long to let this play out before disputing those charges since we won't be playing the game if my account is suspended.

I really find this whole thing unbelievable. I was told there wasn't an ETA and if I didn't hear back by July 1st to check back.

All this after they charged me multiple times for a single month membership of ESO Plus and I was told the only way to get a refund was to dispute the charges with my credit card company. After which I then spent over $400 on Greymoore, ESO Plus 1 Year membership and extra crown coins.

I was told by the support rep that answered my text/ticket not to make any hasty decisions about my future with ESO, but if ESO is going to make hasty decisions with me it really isn't my decision at this point.

I am looking for any insight on this.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Could you please provide us with your ticket number so that we can look into its status for you?
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can’t file a credit card dispute if you’re too impatient to resolve it through the normal Online Support ticket system, @Llewelyns.

That’s why you were suspended and your ESO+ was pulled.

It’s well-documented in the Help forums from other players who have done the same thing.

You’ll need a Support ticket number if you want to get back into the game. As mentioned above, be sure to list the ticket number in your thread here.
  • Llewelyns
    Llewelyns
    My Ticket number is 200627-000841, which the support person said was generated from me responding to the email about the cancelation.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Thank you for providing the ticket number @Llewelyns

We can confirm that your ticket is in the right place and a member of our support team will reach out as soon as they can.

We appreciate your patience, as we are currently experiencing high contact volumes due to the impact of COVID-19 and you may experience increased waiting times when contacting Customer Support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_BillE should be able to help get CS moving on this.

Not sure who as Zos told you that the only way to get the original issue rectified was to file a dispute with your bank/CC company as that pretty much always leads to a ban. When Zos replied I suggest providing them with that email communication as it should go a long way to helping.
  • Llewelyns
    Llewelyns
    You can’t file a credit card dispute if you’re too impatient to resolve it through the normal Online Support ticket system, @Llewelyns.

It’s well-documented in the Help forums from other players who have done the same thing.

I didn't file the dispute too quickly. In fact it was several weeks after they had removed the crowns for my account and the reason I did dispute is because the support person said that is what I needed to do. (It sounded crazy to me.) The ticket was closed with no resolution to giving me my money back.

It was not hasty and was done on the direction of ESO support. If this isn't solved right away I will have to dispute quickly. Having an account that you purchased 42K of crowns in two months on being suspended with out being contacted is insane to me.

If they don't have a good way to handle credit card payments and reversing charges it is unbelievable for a company this large.

Except for the issues with my account i have loved ESO but not enough to constantly be treated like this. Like I said if you are short staffed take care in not doing things that will increase your ticket count. And now I have to figure out how much this experience is worth to me. Horrible way to treat customers.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Llewelyns wrote: »

Except for the issues with my account i have loved ESO but not enough to constantly be treated like this. Like I said if you are short staffed take care in not doing things that will increase your ticket count. And now I have to figure out how much this experience is worth to me. Horrible way to treat customers.

I would suggest being patient with the Zos forum people helping you out. As I stated above, an email from a Zos person actually telling you to do a chargeback should go a long way.
  • Llewelyns
    Llewelyns
    I haven't heard back yet. I am assuming since I can't log in to the account and see my support tickets that they will email me, but I am not taking that for granted, since they suspended an account with out any real interaction.

I am now 2 days away from disputing over $1,130 in charges across my families 3 accounts. If my primary account isn't enabled by July 2nd, I will walk away from ESO, but I will not pay for the crowns or the 3 years of ESO plus that I have charged in the last 2 months.

ESO over charged me in the first place and didn't refund me the money that they owed me back even though they removed the crowns for the 5 extra single monthly charges. I would really prefer that it not come to it, just like I would prefer that they just took care of me as a customer to begin with, but I didn't really have a choice in that.

As I look back at how much I have spent and looking forward to how much I would spend in the future with the game perhaps this actually a favor. It seems like a very poor business plan for ESO, but I don't have a say in how they operate just what I will spend my money on and what service they provide.