The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC NA login failed

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Hey everyone, unfortunately we don't have an ETA yet on when this will be resolved. Thank you for your patience here.

So it took your company half and hour to aknowledge the problem.
    Then another two and a half hours of absolute silence to say sorry guys we don´t know how much longer it will take.

What the heck is wrong with this companys communication? What are you even doing?

I'd guess the first portion of time was finding out if it was something that wasn't likely to be solved immediately. Thus we get the initial acknowledgement of the problem.

After that, the next 2 hours and 25 minutes was probably trying the obvious solutions. When none of those worked, a new statement would be required. Hence the "no ETA".

There is a logical structure to it, I guess. I mean, it isn't good... but it is possible to reason out.

Yeah - obviously there are existing structures in place in some form or shape.

I made my post to showcase the other side of the situation (the players) - where hearing nothing for 2+ hours and then getting a simple "no eta" isn´t exactly healthy communication from a service provider.

Especially if you´re on PC-EU which was looking at a 2 hour scheduled server reboot which extended now to 11 and a half hours and counting with no eta.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• depravity_influence
    lol theyre never fix this game. i feel bad for all the use eso+ no not really. LOL. i beat if enough of yall stopped paying for it then maybe something will get fixed. These overall improvements havent done anything oh wait my minion has a different action and the lighting looks a little different, lol. come on the majority of the players i know stop playing after awhile because of the constant issues this game has. i wonder if they will ever be a time when at a week would go by without an issue. smh at ZOS.
    yall should buy all the zones, learn to manage your invo. space and stop paying towards this games. Stop paying until the majority of the issues finally get corrected. but after all these years there is no hope for proper improvement.
    "player will forget about the issues ifwe give them anpther activity to do while in the game or better yet we can beat a dead horse and give them a zone they been to before."
    DONT PAY FOR A BROKEN GAME
  • weins201
    weins201
    ✭✭
    Same Game Issues, but to log in to the Forums I was forced to reset my Password. I did that so I could drop this message, but even after change, and clearing Cookies and stuff still get the login error, and when you click on the Account button says Conducting maintenance.

Just FYI TY
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    Receiving this issue as well on PC NA. Nothing has changed since before the server reset.
    unknown.png

I get the same error this afternoon with login on PC NA. I don't use Steam. I logged in this AM with no problem and was playing until noon CDT. My only issue was brief flashes back to a loading screen during the short time I was in Cyrodiil, as I have been seeing for weeks in Craglorn.
  • obubbaj
    obubbaj
    ✭✭
    Yay! Got in the NA...
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Hey everyone, unfortunately we don't have an ETA yet on when this will be resolved. Thank you for your patience here.

So it took your company half and hour to aknowledge the problem.
    Then another two and a half hours of absolute silence to say sorry guys we don´t know how much longer it will take.

What the heck is wrong with this companys communication? What are you even doing?

I'd guess the first portion of time was finding out if it was something that wasn't likely to be solved immediately. Thus we get the initial acknowledgement of the problem.

After that, the next 2 hours and 25 minutes was probably trying the obvious solutions. When none of those worked, a new statement would be required. Hence the "no ETA".

There is a logical structure to it, I guess. I mean, it isn't good... but it is possible to reason out.

Yeah - obviously there are existing structures in place in some form or shape.

I made my post to showcase the other side of the situation (the players) - where hearing nothing for 2+ hours and then getting a simple "no eta" isn´t exactly healthy communication from a service provider.

Especially if you´re on PC-EU which was looking at a 2 hour scheduled server reboot which extended now to 11 and a half hours and counting with no eta.

Absolutely agreed. I'm on PC-EU, so I was just trying to explore the cold logic of the thing rather than do what I really want to do (rampage in frustration).
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still down eu pc
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair. Everyone is working at home and they were probably able to reset the servers remotely. Whatever problem befell the servers probably needs someone on site to repair and it's a long drive from EU to Maryland. I would guess after 11.5 hours they're probably rowing feverishly somewhere in the mid-Atlantic.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• sylvieanne
    sylvieanne
    ✭✭✭
    AlienMagi wrote: »
    Is it true that this happens every time the servers get a restart like some people say?

No.

I sometimes find it frustrating that everyone is so quick to jump on ZOS when something goes wrong. 95% of the time, the game runs pretty well and they're constantly working to improve things and come up with new things to keep us all interested. This is not a company that is asleep at the wheel and quite frankly, it's nice when the devs come on and give us updates (responding to a post in this thread a few spots up). I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone but give these guys a break.
    Edited by sylvieanne on June 24, 2020 7:56PM
  • Scritchel
    Scritchel
    ✭✭✭
    sylvieanne wrote: »
    Is it true that this happens every time the servers get a restart like some people say?

No.

I sometimes find it frustrating that everyone is so quick to jump on ZOS when something goes wrong. 95% of the time, the game runs pretty well and they're constantly working to improve things and come up with new things to keep us all interested. This is not a company that is asleep at the wheel and quite frankly, it's nice when the devs come on and give us updates (responding to a post in this thread a few spots up). I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone but give these guys a break.

You obviously haven't been to cyrodil
  • LawLessOne
    LawLessOne
    Soul Shriven
    weins201 wrote: »
    Same Game Issues, but to log in to the Forums I was forced to reset my Password. I did that so I could drop this message, but even after change, and clearing Cookies and stuff still get the login error, and when you click on the Account button says Conducting maintenance.

Just FYI TY

Same same. When the game finally comes back, you need to login with your new password. Learned that the hard way last time we had this same problem.

• Fett233
    Fett233
    ✭✭
    Can’t login either. These issues with eso is getting more and more frustrating. I’ve been playing since day one on the ps4 server and two months ago bought the game again to play on the Xbox one servers starting completely over. I love this game and pretty much only play eso But a lot of the bugs that this game has the Stam glitch not being able to attack , getting disconnected all the time,long load screens is game break and really needs to be fixed I’ve spent tons of money on crowns and pretty much always have eso plus up and I’m sure the ther gamers have as well. I get that sometimes games break or things happen in games that need to be fixed but for it to always happen and to be constantly happening over and over again that’s unacceptable Some people only have a curtain amount of time to play every. most of the time just to login to the game I have to delete my saved data and reset all that just to get into the game. It’s extremely frustrating.
    Alphawolf
  • upquark
    upquark
    ✭✭
    Also reporting server timeout/try again message when attempting to log into either PC/NA or EU servers from a Mac running 10.15.5.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious. Is this a complete blackout of both PC servers or are some able to log in and play?

During the first month, the game was live some players were not able to log in for a week. As that week progressed the numbers affected increased and was mysteriously fixed with the next maintenance. Zos never figured out what happened, just seemed to get lucky that restarting the servers worked.
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    sylvieanne wrote: »

No.

Although I do agree with some of what you said in defense of the company but you also have to look at there history of breaking the game, bugs unfixed, every time they do a update people cant sign in for one reason or another. Sometimes it effects the EU or Asia or the NA server but every time they go hey we did an update I go great what they break this time.
    They devs need face that in all its fury and stop for a few seconds and go wait this whole thing coulda been avoided if we did right and proper testing from signing in to everything else that is involved. Many games don't get me wrong do have issues and *** ups that do happen, but it seems since the game has gone from pay to play to a free for all things have just gotten worse over all.
    Issues that where not an issue back when pay to play was the model are now major issues, major issues then have gotten to the point now that players have stopped reporting theme due to no action to fix and or address that issue with meaningful and effective changes. look at the lag issues that have been and PvP in Cyrodill as an example, so not only are they facing the wraith of the player base as a whole they are also facing the history and issues they themselves caused over time.
    If they really want to make a change and calm the community they need start changing things internal and put striker aspects of the fixes and updates and start addressing all bugs not just when it comes to be a major problem, reason being if you fix small issues not matter how small then bigger ones get fixed also as most major issues no matter what they are all start as a small one that was ignored, fumbled on release Greymore being one of theme many players got screwed on that one including me still haven't heard back from support on that problem.
    SO yeah is the community angry yes and rightfully so, the devs have to face what they did that was bad choices they had control over like bad releases ignoring of bugs and problems with the game connection issues that have been proven is on there end and not the internet itself, not all the time.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurry up, Zenimax. I'm gonna miss my daily login reward.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Gabrielzavadski
    Gabrielzavadski
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to log in, and my characters are still there... but many people still can't log in.
    Glory for the Pact!
  • Theanah
    Theanah
    Soul Shriven
    I'm on! 4:59 EST :)
  • Theanah
    Theanah
    Soul Shriven
    OK i'm in but the lag is horrendous :(
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is seriously time to start looking for a diffrent game to play..... The fact that zos cannot even reboot the server without a major game breaking bug happening says it all...... Server performance will never inprove because they do not care at all as long as the cash cow keeps giving them money..... I have played for 5 years now and have hoped and trusted that they are working on improving the performance but after greymore dropped in wich we had a maintenance almost everyday for a week and after that the lag was still worse than before and every maintenance afyer has broken something major..... Yeah its time to start looking for real.... Fun game just wish I could actually play it

I've been getting some mileage from GW2. F2P with all that entails, but once I got used to the differences in combat, been having fun.
  • Takn
    Takn
    I cannot log in either... I do get passed the login screen, but at the moment the game client moves to transition from the post-login load screen to the character select screen, one of two things happens:
    1. The client crashes and asks me fill in a crash report
    2. client client hangs between the transition between the two screens (post login load and character select)
  • SonofInnocence
    SonofInnocence
    Soul Shriven
    Receiving this issue as well on PC NA. Nothing has changed since before the server reset.
    unknown.png

Update at 3:31pm MST - I've successfully logged in. The issue has been resolved for me.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got on around 22:00/23:00
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png

Update at 3:31pm MST - I've successfully logged in. The issue has been resolved for me.

Same error on 2 accounts from Aus @ 6:30 pm AUST.. **** is really annoying to the point of going to the bank tomorrow to charge back both accounts...
  • ganj1234
    ganj1234
    ✭✭✭
    Having this issue tonight -- not sure if anyone else is as well
    @x.Elle_x - PC/NA DC magblade sweat and fashion extraordinaire✿ Guild: Black Fire