The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

I don't mind crown crates, but...

CaptainVenom
CaptainVenom
✭✭✭✭✭
It's about time we get the exact chance for every item inside them. Of course we know Legendary ones are harder to pop out, but we need numbers.
🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right. Because it will vastly improve the chances of people wasting their money on these things, if they know exactly that the radiant apex mount they're hoping for has a drop rate of approximately 0.5 % ;)
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CassandraGemini is right ... even though some players may not like that answer.
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you open a Crown Crate in The Elder Scrolls Online, you have a chance to receive items from several unique reward groups.

Below are listed the guidelines for Crown Crate reward groups and their percentage chances.

Reward Groups
    Percentage Chance

Common Rewards

100%

Fine Rewards

100%
    Superior Rewards

100%

Epic Rewards

12.5%

Legendary Rewards

6.4%

Apex Rewards

2.0%
    ​​​​​​​
    Note:

You are guaranteed at least four rewards per Crate with a chance to receive a fifth
    You are guaranteed at least one Superior reward or better
    Some Crown Crates contain Radiant versions of Apex rewards.
    Some Crown Crates contain rare rewards that have special qualities.
    On some rewards, chances improve with each successive missed roll and resets once you receive the reward.
    You can purchase most rewards in the in-game Crown Store with Gems. You can acquire Gems by extracting them from unwanted Crown Crate rewards. This also happens automatically when you receive a Crown Crate Collectible you already own.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    When you open a Crown Crate in The Elder Scrolls Online, you have a chance to receive items from several unique reward groups.

Below are listed the guidelines for Crown Crate reward groups and their percentage chances.

Reward Groups
    Percentage Chance

Common Rewards

100%

Fine Rewards

100%
    Superior Rewards

100%

Epic Rewards

12.5%

Legendary Rewards

6.4%

Apex Rewards

2.0%
    ​​​​​​​
    Note:

You are guaranteed at least four rewards per Crate with a chance to receive a fifth
    You are guaranteed at least one Superior reward or better
    Some Crown Crates contain Radiant versions of Apex rewards.
    Some Crown Crates contain rare rewards that have special qualities.
    On some rewards, chances improve with each successive missed roll and resets once you receive the reward.
    You can purchase most rewards in the in-game Crown Store with Gems. You can acquire Gems by extracting them from unwanted Crown Crate rewards. This also happens automatically when you receive a Crown Crate Collectible you already own.

They need to add this info to the crate description ingame. It needs to be easily accessible.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is good information anyone who chooses to buy crates should view.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure there was a thread sometime last year saying that Bethesda (along with a lot of other gaming companies) had agreed to disclose loot box rates by the end of 2020. Not sure what the status is on all that now, but you may get your wish sooner rather than later.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there was a thread sometime last year saying that Bethesda (along with a lot of other gaming companies) had agreed to disclose loot box rates by the end of 2020. Not sure what the status is on all that now, but you may get your wish sooner rather than later.

I have not heard this requirement at all (at least in the U.S.).

Can you link this information, @Aisleyne?
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The search function leaves a lot to be desired, but I think I finally found the thread I was remembering. If you're interested in further details, I imagine there's more information out there.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6266137
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    The search function leaves a lot to be desired, but I think I finally found the thread I was remembering. If you're interested in further details, I imagine there's more information out there.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6266137

Hmmm.

After reading the article, the major platforms agreed that the lootbox odds would be published for future new titles in 2020 ... not currently existing games. In addition, it would not cover PC platform.

Bethesda is included in the article. But, again, it's for new titles ... no requirement for ESO that's explicit.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 22, 2020 1:20AM
  • Rhaena
    Rhaena
    ✭✭
    I wish they'd just sell more of the items directly, for crowns. I hate lootboxes.
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhaena wrote: »
    I wish they'd just sell more of the items directly, for crowns. I hate lootboxes.

They earn alot more with crates so won't happen
  • Rhaena
    Rhaena
    ✭✭
    mikejezz wrote: »
    Rhaena wrote: »

They earn alot more with crates so won't happen

Maybe, but other companies are doing away with them in their games.
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    Right. Because it will vastly improve the chances of people wasting their money on these things, if they know exactly that the radiant apex mount they're hoping for has a drop rate of approximately 0.5 % ;)

We know that exactly. There are crown crate trackers that pretty clearly tell you exactly what your chance on getting a radiant epic are. Anyone spending hundreds of dollars can pretty easily see that.

https://www.crowncrates.com/
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We know that exactly. There are crown crate trackers that pretty clearly tell you exactly what your chance on getting a radiant epic are. Anyone spending hundreds of dollars can pretty easily see that.

https://www.crowncrates.com/

I'm aware of that. Since it's nothing official, though, I'm pretty sure that lots of people who buy Crown Crates have no idea of these statistics (or don't even try to look it up in the first place). They just pour lots of money into them, hoping for something decent and more luck in the next roll.

Which, of course, they can do, if they really want to, but I personally am absolutely against Crown Crates or anything of the sort. I only ever buy stuff directly, even if it's sometimes a bit costly, but then at least I definitely know what I get, instead of investing into a chance - a very poor chance at that. Haven't bought even a single Crown Crate yet, and I intend to keep it that way.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!