The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild ownership accidental giveup

electrorys
electrorys
Soul Shriven
Hi,

I was giving officer to a member of my guild but due to different sorting I accidentally raised rank of already existing officer, who AUTOMATICALLY became OWNER of my guild. The problem now is that that member was long offline, thus I cannot reclaim my ownership back easily.

I honestly expected at least confirmation, of giving up ownership of guild to another person - a role which is unique in each guild, so, when you reassign one to someone, you cannot reclaim it back. But, uh, nothing. It happened automatically and now I am not an owner.

Gladly the guild I made the changes to is small and not much active anymore and I planned to disband it, but still.

Will be there UI changes to prevent such accidential giveups?
High voltage on Tufts
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is possible to start an Online Support ticket, @electrorys, to see if the Support Team can verify your past leadership role and give it back.

That might make disbanding it a lot easier ...

But, whatever changes you envision in the guild UI still won't prevent simple mistakes like this.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 20, 2020 7:56PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @electrorys

As suggested above, you will need to open a ticket with customer support for assistance with this issue. You are welcome to post the ticket number here once started.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post