The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO STADIA ERROR 318

ZamanShah
ZamanShah
✭✭
First time on stadia. Entering a raid group
And i get the error 318 "you have been dropped from the server becuase you hit the message limit. Ppease avoid excessive message..."

What in the world?
I have not sent a single message, i simply join a group and it kicks me out the game for excessive messaging?

Why did i waste my time with stadia/eso?

What is this mess and whats the solution?
Edited by ZamanShah on June 20, 2020 5:14PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's nothing to do with Stadia, @ZamanShah ... you went over the allowable keystrokes the game's spam prevention will permit.

It happened to me the other day once but has not happened since.

If the issue persists, start an Online Support ticket.

• MonkeyDLag
    MonkeyDLag
    Soul Shriven
    So I don't feel like this is simply user error as you stated. I have been on Stadia these last few days and anytime I try to join a raid group I am instantly kicked with this message. I can not log back in to that character as when I attempted to do so I get the error again the moment I load in. This is with no addons because Stadia, and I am not touching the keyboard, I even stop touching the mouse. However if I go log on through non stadia means the error does not appear.

Thank you OP for at least making me feel like I am not crazy.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MonkeyDLag

Is this error only happening when joining raid groups?

Does the error resolve itself if you wait a few minutes to login?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MonkeyDLag
    MonkeyDLag
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »

Is this error only happening when joining raid groups?

This error only happens when I join Trial groups, I do not know if this occurs when the group changes from a small group to trial group.

ZOS_BillE wrote: »

Does the error resolve itself if you wait a few minutes to login?

No it only resolves when I am removed from the group. Until then I can not login with that character from Stadia without receiving error 318. I also tested to see if I joined a trial group and then logged out and swapped to Stadia if the same error occured , it does.

I appreciate you looking into this.
    Edited by MonkeyDLag on June 22, 2020 6:39PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MonkeyDLag

Thank you for the further details on how this error is happening. I'd recommend opening a ticket with customer support so this can be investigated further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ZamanShah
    ZamanShah
    ✭✭
    Hi
    @MonkeyDLag thnx for the confirmation. I see im not the only one.
    Yes exactly the case with me. Whenever i join raid groups i get this error and i cannot log in with the same character. And just to reiterate, no i have not spammed, touched the keyboard or mouse, im playing with an xbox controller.

So im really confused. I have eso on pc and decided to give eso on stadia a go.
    I want to continue with stadia but with the problem im getting im not using it just yet.

Also thank you Zos. I feel this is a problem for other players too. Please do look into it.

• BricksnLA
    BricksnLA
    It just happened to me as soon as I entered a raid group in Cyrodiil, and to make matters worse, it kicked me out of cyrodiil when i came back and now i have to wait another hour to get in