The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will we travel in time next year?

FabresFour
FabresFour
✭✭✭✭✭
The presence of Thadeus Cosma, who is possibly an Imperial Mananaut, and his dialogue about time travel and his secret order, makes me think that this may be a possibility. We will definitely work with him in the future, he made that very clear.

What do you think? Potentially something that could break the lore, but at the same time, we could enjoy some wonderful periods like the conquest of Alessia or Tiber Septim.

We could even find the Dwemer (although I don't like this idea very much, it can end a cool mystery).
@FabresFour - 2075 CP
Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he makes an appearance in TES 6.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    I just came across Thadeus Cosma and wonder still what is causing all the creatures to flicker in and out.

It is an interesting quest though and I hope he will appear in the future as well.

Edited by Eporem on June 19, 2020 1:19AM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    I just came across Thadeus Cosma and wonder still what is causing all the creatures to flicker in and out.

It is an interesting quest though and I hope he will appear in the future as well.

Or in the past maybe
    PC EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyro & IC in different time line as a PvE zone... :D:joy:
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For some reason i believe that they slapped mananaut hat on him just because it looked appropriate and not because he have any connections to that imperial space program or what else they done before / after. Also hope that his Abnur'ish appearance is just a coincidence.

I took it as another recurring character we will encounter along future journeys like Kireth & Raynor, Neramo etc. but there is always a possibility that we might see some Oblivion nostalgia trip to some yet to be released zones or even some another era/year Cyrodiil after or even before three banners war.

Also might be kind of expanded info on Breton that spawns in dlc zones with words "this is not right" and goes back to portal.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope this is just an enigmatic interlude and not a hint at things to come, especially if he is supposed to an Imperial Mananaut. I loathe all that miserable MK doom and gloom futurology stuff.
    PC EU
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh totally hinting at something.
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was an ESO scriptwriter and Thaddeus Cosma is not a disguised character we already know, I'd make him another Daily Quest broker, a representative of, say, a faction of time travelers with 7 quests depicting the major events of all the 6 different eras and the 7th quest dedicated to some out-of-time event in a public dungeon the way I proposed it in February. He fits that NPC quest giver pretty well. I'd also give him some philosophical dialogue lines with that "leaning on the fourth wall" feature regarding time and it's nature depicted in ESO.

We could become the time travelers in those repeating quests who would make those historical TES events uncertain as they are considered today, or vice versa - to make them exactly we know them today as if our intervention would be the very reason they happened the way they did. For example, we could cause the decline of the ancient Argonian civilization, witness some events at Red Mountain with different options of action we know from the books today, we could meet Topal the Pilot, convince Sotha Sil to use the Tools in order to prepare for the return of Dagoth Ur, meet Ysgramor, Veloth, or, say, Molag Bal in times when he was (supposedly) the king of the Dreugh, we could even become.. those very cultists who captured the Benefactor in order to fulfill the prophecy by allowing the Main Quest to start. So many possibilities!.. I think ESO is exactly the game that should use the concept of time travel to unveil the truth on the events of TES at least a bit. Cosma could become exactly the character to make it happen. Anyway, it's up to ZOS to decide, this is just an idea for free I'd be glad if they implemented it into the game.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hope not. Some of the time traveling quests have been cool, but mananauts should stay mysterious and unrepresented in-game IMO. A lot of the cooler, weirder lore stuff is disappointing to see in-game compared to how it seems in lore

But Thadeus Cosma was pretty fun, and I wouldn't mind seeing him again. His quest is great as a one-off though. Seems pretty rare to meet a lost spacetime-traveler
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was an ESO scriptwriter and Thaddeus Cosma is not a disguised character we already know, I'd make him another Daily Quest broker, a representative of, say, a faction of time travelers with 7 quests depicting the major events of all the 6 different eras and the 7th quest dedicated to some out-of-time event in a public dungeon the way I proposed it in February. He fits that NPC quest giver pretty well. I'd also give him some philosophical dialogue lines with that "leaning on the fourth wall" feature regarding time and it's nature depicted in ESO.

We could become the time travelers in those repeating quests who would make those historical TES events uncertain as they are considered today, or vice versa - to make them exactly we know them today as if our intervention would be the very reason they happened the way they did. For example, we could cause the decline of the ancient Argonian civilization, witness some events at Red Mountain with different options of action we know from the books today, we could meet Topal the Pilot, convince Sotha Sil to use the Tools in order to prepare for the return of Dagoth Ur, meet Ysgramor, Veloth, or, say, Molag Bal in times when he was (supposedly) the king of the Dreugh, we could even become.. those very cultists who captured the Benefactor in order to fulfill the prophecy by allowing the Main Quest to start. So many possibilities!.. I think ESO is exactly the game that should use the concept of time travel to unveil the truth on the events of TES at least a bit. Cosma could become exactly the character to make it happen. Anyway, it's up to ZOS to decide, this is just an idea for free I'd be glad if they implemented it into the game.

Furthermore, a story with an order of time travel basically implies the end of that odious problem of the game's chronology.
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyro & IC in different time line as a PvE zone... :D:joy:

😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲
  • Jacarranda
    Jacarranda
    ✭✭
    please no
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »

Just another Dwemer machine tinkering with the fabric of the Mundus. The Dwemer made it clear, when you combine Technology with Magic in this world, you unlock powers that tamper with reality itself. It further explains, little by little, how the Dwemer just up and vanished. They reached too far.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Xaramasa
    Xaramasa
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still hoping that ZOS releases a definitive "end game" for the game. Not saying that I hope the game ends or whatever, but it would be cool if there's like a trial that takes place far into the future that you go there by time travel.

Like, say, a trial involving Dagoth Ur's first Resurrection and the Tribunal's loss of Kagrenac's tools. These events (Ur's awakening and the Tribunal losing their connection to the Heart) seem to have directly or indirectly caused the appearance and rise of the man (or men) that would become Tiber Septim.
  • Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Will we travel in time next year?" - is it supposed to be something new? Almost every existing zone have a quest about time travel of some kind.
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭
    Xaramasa wrote: »
    I'm still hoping that ZOS releases a definitive "end game" for the game. Not saying that I hope the game ends or whatever, but it would be cool if there's like a trial that takes place far into the future that you go there by time travel.

Like, say, a trial involving Dagoth Ur's first Resurrection and the Tribunal's loss of Kagrenac's tools. These events (Ur's awakening and the Tribunal losing their connection to the Heart) seem to have directly or indirectly caused the appearance and rise of the man (or men) that would become Tiber Septim.

Nope that's an event the player should not be involved in, Dagoth and the tribunal are so far above our power level that they would end the entire trial with one undodgeable attack right at the start.

• FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheridan wrote: »
    "Will we travel in time next year?" - is it supposed to be something new? Almost every existing zone have a quest about time travel of some kind.

Yes, but it is hardly the main theme, usually we travel in time to the mind of another person in the past or see another NPC traveling in time.

With this new order that they are about to insert into the game (probably the Imperial Mananauts), I think it would be time for us to officially go to a map in the past.

Honestly, I think that would be an interesting plot.

I think it would be even more interesting if they did as they did this year: Divide the expansion in the middle.

Half of the expansion takes place in the normal year, in the second era, the other takes place either in the past, or in the future.

I think it would be an interesting approach.
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope that's an event the player should not be involved in, Dagoth and the tribunal are so far above our power level that they would end the entire trial with one undodgeable attack right at the start.

And do you really think so? I mean, the player is immortal (being made of Azure Plasm) and has already been able to defeat a Daedric Prince on his own plan.

I think if Vestige gets a power up like the Amulet of Kings or even the Mask of Alkosh, I think it is possible for him to become immensely powerful as before.
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
  • Xaramasa
    Xaramasa
    ✭✭✭

Well, I'm not saying the trial would involve battling Ur directly. Maybe his ash vampire generals or corprus creatures.

Also, the first time he awakened, he managed to drive off the Tribunes but ALMSIVI launched campaigns against his forces repeatedly all the way to Third Era. Maybe the trial would be one of these campaigns?

And as FabresFour mentioned, The Vestige has defeated characters near or even at the same level of power as the Tribunes. Beyond Molag Bal, there's Magistrix Vox (Who Boethiah said had attained near-god like power to match Almalexia) and the sundry dragons we face throughout the Elsweyr story.

• storm105
    storm105
    ✭✭✭
    FabresFour wrote: »

And do you really think so? I mean, the player is immortal (being made of Azure Plasm) and has already been able to defeat a Daedric Prince on his own plan.

I think if Vestige gets a power up like the Amulet of Kings or even the Mask of Alkosh, I think it is possible for him to become immensely powerful as before.

The player isn't immortal because of Azure Plasm. It's said that your body has the same properties as your old one despite being made of a daedruc substance. Think of it like ditto from Pokemon. The reason why the player was immortal was because their soul had been replaced by a daedric vestige. I don't even think the players is immortal anymore after the main quest since our lack of a mortal soul was said to be the reason why we revived in the first place
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The player isn't immortal because of Azure Plasm. It's said that your body has the same properties as your old one despite being made of a daedruc substance. Think of it like ditto from Pokemon. The reason why the player was immortal was because their soul had been replaced by a daedric vestige. I don't even think the players is immortal anymore after the main quest since our lack of a mortal soul was said to be the reason why we revived in the first place[/quote]

Where is this written in?
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (If the player had in fact managed to recover his soul in a natural way, and stopped being Vestige, I'm sure we would be killed by the Harrowstorms. We are just not affected because we are the Vestige).
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭

When we fought Molag he was already weakened by magical bomb meridia dropped on him.
    Then we were powered up by the amulet and the ritual with power form the 8 Divines, and in the coldharbour quests were are powered up by meridia.
    Bal then basically tells you that it was all part of his plan at the end.

None of this would or could happen for facing Dagoth, meridia wouldn't power us up or weaken dagoth, the power of the amulet is depleted, the divines won't empower us.
    Also the mask is nowhere near powerful enough to give Dagoth pause.
    It basically made us nahfaarlars dragon priest.

Also this is an event we've already seen in Legends, only the tribunal fight him
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭

Well, I'm not saying the trial would involve battling Ur directly. Maybe his ash vampire generals or corprus creatures.

Also, the first time he awakened, he managed to drive off the Tribunes but ALMSIVI launched campaigns against his forces repeatedly all the way to Third Era. Maybe the trial would be one of these campaigns?

And as FabresFour mentioned, The Vestige has defeated characters near or even at the same level of power as the Tribunes. Beyond Molag Bal, there's Magistrix Vox (Who Boethiah said had attained near-god like power to match Almalexia) and the sundry dragons we face throughout the Elsweyr story.

Bal had a very specific set of circumstances that won't happen again and can't.
    Vox was just a mortal with some power, nothing compared to a god.
    Boethiah is the Daedric Prince of deceit, listening to what she says and taking it as the truth is like expecting vile to not screw you over with a deal.

None of the dragons are anywhere near the tribunal in power
  • storm105
    storm105
    ✭✭✭

The player isn't immortal because of Azure Plasm. It's said that your body has the same properties as your old one despite being made of a daedruc substance. Think of it like ditto from Pokemon. The reason why the player was immortal was because their soul had been replaced by a daedric vestige. I don't even think the players is immortal anymore after the main quest since our lack of a mortal soul was said to be the reason why we revived in the first place

Where is this written in?
    [/quote]

Lore:Chaotic_Creatia:_The_Azure_Plasm

from Mundus at the moment of death, his or her soul stolen by Molag Bal for some unthinkable purpose, and given in exchange the vestige that enables him or her to form a counterfeit body here in Coldharbour.

We are told multiple times that it's our lack of a souls that makes the vestige unique and why they revive. Being made of Azure plasma has nothing to do with it since it just replicates the properties of your old body
    Edited by storm105 on July 28, 2020 10:11PM