Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Greymoor Stamsorc Advice/Discussion

OBJnoob
OBJnoob
✭✭✭✭✭
So a lot of us can agree that stamsorc is in a good place this patch... and so I've finally settled on using my stamsorc as my main for the foreseeable future.

I'm a Dark Elf, Warrior Mundus, Eternal Vigor and Warrior's Fury gear, 5 heavy 1 medium, Sugar Skulls food, Band of Malacath. 1pc Velidreth shoulder.

Eternal Vigor is amaaaazing. The Band of Malacath I'm not so sure about yet. In no CP my recoveries are like 1200, 1500, 1900. Sorcs have a lot of passives that really make Eternal Vigor good. Obviously, as I get transmute crystals, I'm starting to infuse some of the jewelry with weapon damage.

Right now, with some changes still yet to be made, I'm at like 3500 weapon damage. Which depending on my weapon glyph, continuous attack, and Fury, that miiiight get up to 4500 but probably more like 4k average.

It's really not feeling like enough. I'm using 2H and Bow right now. Nobody can really catch me. Nobody can really kill me. But I'm also struggling to catch and kill people-- which shouldn't be happening on a stamsorc.

Problem as I see it? I'm wearing heavy because I'm not using crit surge and am using the band of malacath so I don't want any crit. I'm a Dark Elf not an Orc or Wood Elf. I'm used to playing a stamDK which has greater range to melee attacks so when I'm standing roughly 7m away from an enemy that is in execute but my character just keeps pump faking I am raaather annoyed.

Solution as I see it? Give up on Malacath because not wearing a monster set is lame. And/or switch to medium armor.

Question: Even though it would be a waste of crit does the Band of Malacath work well on medium armor builds?
Question: If I use 1 Endurance Necklace, 1 Agility Ring, make my 2H weapon an Agility Maul or whatever... and make my Bow an Endurance bow... does that sound like a smart way to use a Mythic item AND a monster set? So then, depending on my bar, I'd have a 5 piece always active, a monster set always active, a mythic always active, and I'd have 1 strong 3 piece active on each bar. One for offense and one for defense (Endurance does health recovery right? Not bad defense for a heavy armor stamsorc who, on his bow bar, is roll dodging and streaking.

Honestly I'm going to play him the way he is for a couple of days to see what I can do when I get more comfortable with it. He feels VERY strong, just not the over powered killer I'm more used to playing as.

Tanky Stam Sorc Bonus Facts: So healing recently got nerfed, right? A problem we all have. And sorcs are always trying to get that Daedric Summoning skill on their bar for the amazing passives, right? Which, if you are not a tanky stamsorc, normally means using the Atronoch Ulti on one bar (even if you never cast it,) and running Bound Armaments on the other bar. I'VE GOT A SOLUTION. Use the clannfear pet. The one that scales with max stam stats. You have to double bar it-- but you were already halfway forced into double barring things anyway-- and the way it synergizes with your stam/health recovery is insaaane. Especially if you're also wearing Eternal Vigor. You can now run Dawnbreaker as an Ulti and backbar something a little more useful like Temporal Guard. You also get +5% HP so, needless to say, my HP is very high on this guy. Vigor, Rally, and Pet Heal are VERY strong. And with my magic recovery I can, within reason, streak dark deal and heal as much as I want.

Does anybody know if the clannfear heal scales off of weapon damage or max health? In no CP it has a tooltip of like 10k. Which seems high since my WD is a bit on the low side.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like you understand what avenues you should explore, but as I see it your current build sets do not synergize well. Eternal Vigor is a sustain set. So it seems to be doing what it is intended to do, keeping you alive. This seems to be your favorite set that you are wearing, but it will not help you kill people, especially in 5 heavy. Most of the builds I've seen that do a lot of damage this patch are using 2 damage 5 piece sets, whether that be two proc sets with Malacath, or two weapon damage set (dot based - use malacath in heavy; burst based - don't use Malacath in medium). Personally I would never use Malacath on my Stam Sorc because I feel crit surge is extremely strong and is part of what makes stam sorc unique. However I am one for encouraging people to develop their own playstyle and go from there. So what makes you excited about playing your stam sorc this patch? Is it Eternal Vigor synergizing with the Deadric Summoning Passive? Or is there something else that is drawing you to stam sorc?
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

Why do I want to play stam sorc? Because I want to be strong this patch. And I do mean, in particular, this patch. I’m a good player. Maybe better than good. But each faction in the campaign I play in has like 5 people better than me. Some of them are better than me. Some of them just farm, potion, theory craft, and meta more than me. Some of them, frankly, get carried by playing on a duel build 24/7, so that if they ever die they “got zerged” and they never have to deal with the humiliation of losing a 1v1 and getting clipped.

Stam sorc isn’t hella important to me. It’s a fun play style... but mostly I just want to take advantage of this patch. The new sets. The new mythics. I want a character that does it all.

Last patch the meta was stamdk, warden, necro with a sprinkling of Templar magsorc and nb. Wear fury or something basically the same, front bar new moons, back bar potentates, bloodspawn, blahblah. Hey look I have 6k weapon damage, max resistances, and use single stat recovery food/drink for almost 2k recovery.

So I’m aware that the meta probably hasn’t shifted much. Last patch my nord stamdk wore medium ancient dragon guard and bone pirates, and pretty much dusted off 9 out of 10 of these cookie cutter meta builds in a 1v1. But but I’ve been crutching on bone pirate way too long. I want eternal vigor to take its place. Especially because with eternal vigor I’m not forced to use drinks.

My idea behind running a sustain set is basically that I want my recovery to be so good that I can give it all away. Every mundus, food, and enchant can go somewhere else. On a stamsorc? Yes because of how good the daedric passives are. And because with enough mag recovery to streak and dark deal (which I have,) I don’t need hardly any stam recovery at all.

On gold infused jewelry you get like 270 weapon damage. x3 that’s... 810? You could say that you get more weapon damage the other way and I’m sure you’re right... but at the same time eternal vigor is an amazing set and if you can multiply ALL of the set bonuses by 20% before you even pop a potion... I mean I think it’s worth a shot.

BUT. I like discussing things. Don’t think I’m hardheaded please I’d love to see what you say next.

• Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest dropping malacath ring and going wild hunt ring instead. The speed is so much fun on any class, but especially stam sorc. I feel malacath shines best with proc sets, i have no desire to run it on any of my standard run/gun setups.

I'm using wild hunt with front bar stuhn(not completely sold on), back bar 7th legion and whatever monster set interests me that day. 5 or 6 medium depending on the monster set. You still maintain 2 5pc sets and a monster set, just not at the same time. Its taking some getting used to, but overall has been pretty fun (I only play NoCP).

I could see eternal vigor being really good for some nice sustain and survivability, but pairing it with fury just doesn't fit my play style, i don't stand and tank so its hard for me to comment on. I prefer hit/run and I like to control when i get the weapon damage proc (like 7th legion or clever alch), so i can hit it when I'm ready instead of waiting for a build up or luckily timed proc with other sets.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So before I start I should say that I only play a Stam Sorc. So my advice as far as how to play other classes is limited. I used to play this game in a hardcore way, but now I would say I'm semi-casual, just coasting at endgame. Each patch for my Stam Sorc I make sure I have a build that is fun and strong in solo pvp, a build that is strong in large grp pvp, and a build that is adequate for vet trails and other pve endgame.

As you said this patch doesn't shift combat that much, but it has shifted in some ways, mainly the reduced healing in pvp and the set additions. These changes do make health recovery an even more valuable stat than it was. So I think Eternal Vigor will work well in some builds, and it will definitely be stronger than bone pirate as a sustain set. If you want to keep Eternal Vigor then I would run Clever Alchemist with it using Eternal Vigor jewelry so that you can run 5 medium. I would drop Malacath's Band for a damage monster set, Ring of the Wild Hunt, or Torc of Tonal Constancy. I think in your case I would try out a damage monster set first. This is all so that you can keep Eternal Vigor, but have more damage.

If you want to keep Malacath's Band I would drop Fury for a proc set. Draugrkin's Grip was really strong on Stam Sorc in No-CP last patch. I imagine it is still strong. Although you might be able to keep Malacath and Eternal Vigor with Draugrkin's Grip, I would personally use two proc sets with Malacath. I believe the other proc set would proc Draugrkin's Grip, but I'm not 100% on that. I see a really strong benefit of using Malacath and Draugrkin's Grip together because they both benefit when you focus on dots (rapid strikes./bloodthirst should be your spammable).

I do think that the Malacath setup might be stronger on other classes (maybe Stamplar with jabs), but I feel more comfortable focusing on Stam Sorc. So I'll leave it at that.
    Edited by TBois on June 17, 2020 12:23AM

PC/NA

Youtube
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering what both of you have said I’m probably going to drop the band of malacath. I’m not a huge fan of proc sets I really prefer to be the one pushing the buttons ;p and stam sorcs don’t have access to a lot of dots. Or am I wrong? Dots are powerful on them but they literally all come from weapon abilities right? Is bound armaments considered a dot or direct damage.

I think I might stick with heavy armor for now— I really like the health recovery, I really like the pet (lame I know but feels cool on a stam character) and I’m worried that the pets heal is based on max health. Plus I’ve never loved crit surge and I think the pet heal plus rally might be better. Minor buff to stam recovery is helpful.

So... if fury doesn’t synergize well, and I agree it probably doesn’t, then what does?

What monster set do you recommend?

And uh... you both sound like you know what you’re talking about. How is your stamsorc set up? What skills are useful? Are you squishy but mobile? Do you think a more tanky less mobile (but still mobile,) stamsorc is viable?
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurricane is the dot used for Stam Sorcs. All the others are weapon abilities. So there are other classes that are more dot focused, but Hurricane can proc Evil Hunter's Minor Berserk easily. I believe Bound Armaments is direct damage, but it is hard to keep up with ZOS's damage classifications, as they can be very inconsistent. So I wouldn't trust what I just said without testing myself.

Seventh Legion synergizes better with Eternal Vigor, but it will not bring you more damage than Fury. I would also look at New Moon Acolyte, Essence Thief and Briarheart.

I run odd stuff. So before I talk about what I am actually running, here is a setup that is more traditional using mostly the same gear, which is what I would recommend to most people.

I run passive healing high damage builds that build on top of crit surge. I have a speed setup (Ring of the Wild Hunt with 3 Swift and Steed on a Bosmer), but I've been preferring the Torc of Tonal Constancy over Ring of the Wild Hunt. Also right now I am trying to make Bow/Frost Staff work on my Stam Sorc. I focus on weird stuff when I run solo because I find surprising people that I fight to be fun. Here is the build I'm running right now. Below is a video preview of the build. I'm still working on it, but it has shown promise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4l_rnpnjfc

Below is a video description of my previous build using 2H/Frost Staff from last patch or a patch before that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x91xiFFnMEQ&list=PLKEn3xN2Goxmp_mQdgK-MPgBeehForD8q&index=3&t=0s

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that both Malacath & Eternal Vigor are not best suited for Stam Sorc.

Reason is that Critical Surge is amazing and Stamsorc is probably the best candidate to use "Torc of Tonal Constancy" which synergies perfectly with "Dark Deal".

Torc of Tonal Constancy for stam sorc opens up many different builds and giving the option for some old school builds to make a come back.

I think you should explore the old & excellent medium armor setup -Seventh Legion Brute+Briarheart, with the new addition of Tonal Constancy, pair it with your favorite offensive monster set.

Go with the steed mundus, switch to orc if you can, gold food(sugar skull)+ tri stat potion/immov potion.

With this setup you have everything, the damage, the crits, the sustain, the healing + health regen and the cap speed.

Edited by Lughlongarm on June 17, 2020 9:54AM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. Everything everybody has said sounds really smart. Please don't take offense when I make a stand on only one thing... I disagree 100% that Eternal Vigor (for jewels and weapons FYI) doesn't synergize with stamsorc. My class passives double everything on the list. And when I pop a tri-pot... you get it. If I can't build something out of that then I'm just not a very good player. And I did say I wanted to make use of NEW items this patch. Even though I did also say I wanted to do everything ;)

I do see how the Torc of Conal Constancy would make this less useful-- but to be honest I'd prefer to try the Ring of Wild Hunt first.

Last night I played for hours with my stamsorc set up the way I previously described. Malacath. Fury. 1piece monster set. It was fun. Kites like a champ. Tanks pretty good. Damages pretty good. BUT to be honest, watching my team win some outnumbered fights, I realize I was more of a streak-bot than a cold hard killer. After we won a couple of outnumbered crazy fights I got a little more confident and when I streaked through the enemies, instead of roll dodging, turning around, and streaking back to my team I'd experiment with how long, on the back lines, I could whack at their squishies.

Overall it's not to be thrown out. Again, I'd like to see what happens when I actually get the rest of my jewelry enchanted and transmuted.

But tonight I will be trying 5-5-2 with medium armor and a monster set.

Don't think I'll switch to orc and doubt I'll use the steed mundus. As fast as my Dark Elf Stamsorc was in 6 heavy, and how easily he kited and how often he can streak... well the only reason for going even FASTER would be to 100% run away. Which is definitely the right answer sometimes but... not what I'm going to design a character to do. Because I'm not a solo player.

• Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    Since you're more group oriented then, wild hunt might not be the best choice you may outpace your group at times. It could still work though, i generally swap out wild hunt for malacath + master 2H and play more brawler style than hit/run during more organized group play.

Torc of Conal Constancy may fit in well then if you need the sustain, or possibly snow treaders so you can save some stam on snare removal. Or just ditch the mythic items completely. There's a lot of options now, its more about filling a weakness of your own play style and how it all synergizes with your own group. I've always been a fan of finding what works for you and not forcing a build just because its "meta"

Dark elf is a solid choice for stam sorc, i prefer nord though with medium armor that extra resist is so nice. Dark elf would probably be my 2nd choice
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nords are amazing no dispute there. And, like you, I enjoy my own play style and/or filling a niche for my group moreso than playing meta. But generally I can get very close to meta at the same time and also function extremely well in duels.

I haven’t farmed any of the perfected versions of arena weapons yet and I need to. Let’s just say I know that would help and thanks for the advice.

You mentioned something about filling in a weakness of my play style. Which is a good idea and I’ll try to mull that over. But you made me think of something else I want to say.

Some of these suggestions (don’t get me wrong I’m going to implement half of them,) are about epitomizing what a stamsorc does best. Get faster. Ignore sustain and dark deal all the time. It’s not that these are bad ideas it’s just not MY style. I pretty much do the opposite. If I have a toon that hands down has an advantage over other classes in a certain area I don’t worry about accentuating that. I try to fill in the gaps of my weaknesses instead.

Cuz you know what? And if this hasn’t happened to you it’s happened to your teammate or you yourself have done it to an enemy... if I successfully get away from a Zerg (and I can,) but one of them is also a stamsorc and is faster than me and catches me... well guess what? I’m probably more tanky and/or do more damage. So thanks for chasing me buddy, cuz behind this woodpile we gonna have ourselves a good time.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cres wrote: »
    Since you're more group oriented then, wild hunt might not be the best choice you may outpace your group at times. It could still work though, i generally swap out wild hunt for malacath + master 2H and play more brawler style than hit/run during more organized group play.

Torc of Conal Constancy may fit in well then if you need the sustain, or possibly snow treaders so you can save some stam on snare removal. Or just ditch the mythic items completely. There's a lot of options now, its more about filling a weakness of your own play style and how it all synergizes with your own group. I've always been a fan of finding what works for you and not forcing a build just because its "meta"

Dark elf is a solid choice for stam sorc, i prefer nord though with medium armor that extra resist is so nice. Dark elf would probably be my 2nd choice

Dark Elf is my goto race because I compulsively swap between mag/stam builds every few months. Not number one damage for either, but solidly number two.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New to sorcer-ing 😱 and in need of a few advice: I was thinking ancient dragonguard + NMA....heavy or medium? Wouldn’t I have too low damage and crit rate in heavy?
    No idea about monster sets but was thinking a sustain based.....or do I simply slot good old Bone pirate?!?!?
    As you can tell I’m rather confused
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rhaegar75

As you might’ve read... I think most people would recommend medium armor. Be mobile. Hit hard. Make your heals be as good as they can be (medium armor means crit surge is fairly reliable so that’s a plus,) and give yourself a baseline of stam recovery that after a while hopefully you can lessen and lessen (for something more important.)

I think bone pirate might be a good idea for you. I’ve always loved it. Prefer to run it with spring loaded infusion for the max mag and between the ability (cuz your max stam is now automatically fairly high) to infuse all weapon damage if you want... I think you’ll find it gives you almost as much weapon damage as anything else? Anyway it sounds like you know you’d be comfortable with it so that’s a plus. Some people might hit harder but you’ll be pretty solid.

If you do new moons consider front barring it. Use ancient dragon guard if you want I’ve used it before and it was good. I think you’re on the right track my man if you do whatever it is you’re thinking it’s prolly gonna be okay.

If you want heavy armor I think you’d be wise to take advantage of some health recovery. Less people seem to agree with me on that so -shrugs- it’s really up to you.

Other than that if you want to get much better or fancier you might need to farm some arena weapons or mythics. And if you want we can talk about skills and weapons.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OBJnoob thank you for the articulate response!!

Just a very random idea. What do you guys make of a heavy crit focused build with stuff like Briar, leviathan etc. ?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three points I'd like to add (mostly from a noCP perspective)

1. Dark Deal makes stam sorc not have to worry about sustain much at all, allowing you to stack damage. Thus, eternal vigor might not be optimal on stam sorc.

2. Strength of the automation is a very strong, front bar damage set for stam sorc.

3. You mentioned running 3 piece Endurance on your back, defensive bar. Consider this, bar swapping to a set that adds Max Health while fighting instantly brings you closer to execute range. Swapping to Max Health doesn't give you health/heal you, it just increases the cap, so your overall percent of max health will instantly be lower on bar swap. For example:

- 6000/20000 hp = 30% health
    - Bar swap +1500 Max Health
    - 6000/21500 hp = 27.9% health

So I never run different health totals on my two bars. (It may be justifiable for a build that uses skills that scale with max health, but not typically.)
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Automaton is/was amazing but honestly all of those sets (sword singer, uh, swamp raider, war maiden, etc etc,) need a buff in my opinion. They only give like 450 and they all suffer from being niche and normally not aiding healing. The old reasoning was that it hits hard enough so who cares... but now other sets just hit harder. And contribute to healing. Since they have such an obvious drawback they should offer slightly more to be on par with other “disadvantaged” wd proc sets like ravager and fury and inheritance and 7th. Umm basically it’s dumb that heavy armor sets give the most damage. /endrant

Eternal vigor might not be the best... about the recovery thing... you’re probably right. But maybe forgetting it gives me magic recovery also? It’s actually rather trolly and fun. But it’s probably not optimal you’re right. For cyrodiil though I find it... nice.

As to your final point... good one. Yeah, I guess I won’t do that with the endurance thing. Ha.

@Rhaegar75
    I’ve used leviathan and briarheart before it’s not bad. Briarheart is one of the sets mentioned above though that frankly you could just do more damage with something crafted and not have to farm or buy or transmute. But the heal is nice (it probably got nerfed tho like everything else healing you know,) and yes it has obvious synergy with stamsorc. If you’re gonna do that you’re gonna have to think long and hard about your weapons and skill setup I think. Dots are nice for continuous pressure drifts and healing. Or skills that hit more than one target. Only need 50% crit if you hit twice a second.

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P.S. a very good player I know recently told me briarheart body and 7th legion weapons and jewels (you can backbar 7th) is a nice setup on stamsorc. I think that might be a bit stronger than leviathan and briar. Adjust the minor details accordingly.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7th is good on stam sorc. Backbar-able, +hp regen, and the class armor buff needs to be cast every 15secs, to moving it 10sec isnt crazy.

But on Console, without enhanced buff trackers through add-ons, I don't like running sets with 5-piece bonuses that can "fall off." In the heat of combat, I'd be concerned I would fail to refresh the buff, especially on 7th Legion which can only be applied once every 10 seconds.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MurderMostFoul

I'm on Xbox too and it is rather tricky to keep your buffs up properly. To be honest I gave up on doing it properly and I pretty much buff too often. Like when one has gone down I pretty much do the other also. One thing I like about stamsorc is you don't have as many buffs to give yourself as other characters. Then again... you know what that means hahaha.

But like you said the relative crappiness of Hurricane duration actually helps compliment the 7th legion thing a little bit. And, as far as 'not noticing,' its pretty much the most recognizable animation in the game. So the annoyance is really, really, minimal.

@ Errybody

Okay I've got some clips of my stamsorc this patch to share but this will be my first time sharing a clip on this forum so forgive me if it just shows up like some stupid link that doesn't work. I don't know how but am hoping it's very simple.

DISCLAIMER: This is wearing Ancient Dragonguard body with full impen and Eternal Vigor weapons and jewels. The jewels at the time of these clips are like... all healthy? All 3 of my weapon enchants are drain health. One or two of the jewels are blue still. Am I telling you this so you know what a bad player I actually am? No I'm telling you this so you understand my build isn't even like...

The point of showing these clips isn't that I'm so amazing. Or that my gear is so good you should wear it. It's that... frankly... if you know how to play... you can really just have fun. And yes, some of the people getting killed here are bad players. Most of cyrodiil are bad players. That's why I don't mind experimenting with gear.

https://gameclips.io/OBJ noob/5ac35fa4-f779-45ec-a24d-94531d8c07e1
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://gameclips.io/OBJ noob/cfa17aa4-17d5-4c5a-ab62-d3ce7222d424

https://gameclips.io/OBJ noob/f36b3ebb-61ab-4d2e-890c-fc9c353123e5

Sorry the clips aren't edited most of my clips run long because I record them after the fact. This all happened last night I think.

Can someone tell me how to properly link videos into this forum? Obviously I'm just using xboxclips.com :/
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We think alike OP.

On my Stamsorc in NO CP, i currently run this;

Bow / 2H

5 x Eternal Vigor
    3 x Endurance Backbar Bow (with 2 Jewlery)
    Malacath
    vMSA 2H Frontbar (that proc is so overlooked, yet one of the strongest in the game)
    2 x Monster (depends on scenario)

OR

The exact same thing, but with DW frontbar using Masters DW and Selene Monster (will proc off flurry for guaranteed bear every 4 seconds). But no gapcloser.

7 Heavy and all Infused Tri-Recovery Glyphs.

This build has 5000+ HP Regen on backbar.

"Problem" is not having supreme power, and can have issues against really tanky targets.

oo00oo

The takeaways;

Don't listen to the haters. Eternal Vigor is insanely strong. It is basically like Troll King, only no proc condition (heal) AND you get resources when not triggered. So when you are offensive and full health, you get the resources you need to stay offensive and mobile (dodge / streak) and when low on health you get the healing to stay alive.

Try to use DW with Selene and/or Draugrs Grip.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds a lot like my original attempted set-up, yes, but you're probably doing it a little better. Good tip about the Maelstrom 2H I haven't went back for the perfected version yet because back in the day when I first grinded all that crap I was just sooo upset to find out they weren't really good in pvp. Now? Maybe I'll try again.

Eternal Vigor is INSANELY strong. I'm running DW and Bow in medium armor at the moment... whatever weird semblance of survivability I have beyond just hopefully being a decent player... is surely from having what appears to be an infinite amount of magic and being able to streak repeatedly and yet somehow, when I get CC'd at half health, still being able to roll dodge consecutively and dark deal as much as I need. It's ridiculous. Hey brotha if nobody else wants to use Eternal Vigor on a stamsorc then I guess we'll just keep being OP huh ;)

Personally I'm using Balorghs. I could totally switch it up but I don't think I'd like Selene's. The way I play-- also without a gap closer-- if I'm coming at you with my DW bar I'm probably going for a streak stun and then going to lay a few skills on ya. The timing just doesn't work out for when I do my melee damage-- the opponent is going to avoid the bear every time. Velidreth on the other hand I have had some crazy good success with. I like to fight at about 15m range so if I see it proc... well, it's almost glitchy the way it looks, but it seems like when/if I'm fast enough I can re-direct the veli by using streak. It's hard to explain.

Got this clip last night. These opponents are not, in my opinion, bad players. In fact I think I recognize the one from BGs and they are rather good.

https://gameclips.io/OBJ noob/849f14f9-2fa0-4bac-8a32-b98948b12dfd

Skip ahead to the 1:30 mark unless you just wanna see how awesomely I take resources
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P.S. Did anybody else notice the moment in the last clip where, realizing we're winning the fight, I got a little over-excited and went with terrible aim to Dawnbreaker the last guy? But I managed to cancel it, in my opinion, with a block. But it fired off anyway and totally wasted. I think if you're going to give ultimates a cast time then you should make them cancelable. Basically if you can interrupt my skill I want to be able to cancel it myself also. The circumstances where one would be fast enough to do it are pretty few and far between... but there's one in that clip.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonal band is awesome
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump-- ignore everything else! Sorta an old thread but it has such a generic name I figured 'why make another?' We had some people with some good thoughts in here.

I was enjoying my set-up and then I got it in my head... man, I should really have more crit. Stamsorc. Crit. Duh. Why don't I have any crit? I was wearing Ancient Dragonguard before which worked great but admittedly isn't ideal by any means... and oversustaining like a mofo (but in no cp cyrodiil that's not always a bad thing,) and just balorgh smashing both good and bad players. Cheesy, I know. But whacha gonna do. Stamsorc life <3

So I tried Leviathan. Ha. I mean it's not terrible actually but... right... anyway. Eventually I just settled on New Moon Acolyte and then I switched my mundus stone to the thief. I've got like 42% crit in no cp which... I'm thinking that's probably good enough. I don't want to sacrifice much more. I'm still at like 5k weapon damage so that's good. My other set is Eternal Vigor so don't even worry about sustain we iight over here :)

My question? Considering crit surge blahblah... paired against recent crit impen update blahblah... is crit good in pvp? At least, if only, on stamsorc?

I really really liked the way my bar was set up before. I'm not worried about huge crits so much as crit heals because imo my damage was already fine to begin with and this should be a marginal if not high improvement. I don't much want to worry about giving myself minor force or running the shadow mundus because neither of those effect healing. Is that correct thinking?

Last question? I'm running balorghs and it helps secure kills like no other but if these changes work out favorably, and I think they will, I'd really like to change to a more... uh, style points worthy, monster set. I've seen some solo players crutching on Earthgore... and since I only ever heal myself, I think once every 20 seconds is a looovely proc rate. It was corny but effective enough to make me want to try it. Thoughts? Or Slimecraw maybe?

Oops one more last question. What potions do you folks run? I just made myself some healing, major vitality, +physical resist potions that I'm thinking are pretty nice. I was experimenting in some oils on my lunch break and major vitality does indeed increase my vigor ticks on myself.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently made a stam sorc again and I'm using
    Engine guardian
    Ancient guardian
    NMA (maul front bar)
    Potentates( sword and board on the back.)

Nord, serpent mundus, all weapon dmg enchants,
    Arteum takeaway broth.

Front bar crit is at nearly 50% with camo hunter on the bar
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes engine guardian is amazing but I’m already using eternal vigor for a 5 piece so I’m looking for either damage or healing, I think, for a monster set. If I used slimecraw I’d have just shy of 50% crit like you said. How much wd do you have @syiccal and what weapons/traits? Personally as a stamsorc I feel like I’m lacking in the penetration department so I’m duel wielding maces, mainhand nirnhoned and offhand precise. Sharpened bow backbar. I guess I just want to make sure I have an adequate amount of all three before I take balorghs off. Balorghs is such a stupid high penetration boost all by itself.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Bump-- ignore everything else! Sorta an old thread but it has such a generic name I figured 'why make another?' We had some people with some good thoughts in here.

I was enjoying my set-up and then I got it in my head... man, I should really have more crit. Stamsorc. Crit. Duh. Why don't I have any crit? I was wearing Ancient Dragonguard before which worked great but admittedly isn't ideal by any means... and oversustaining like a mofo (but in no cp cyrodiil that's not always a bad thing,) and just balorgh smashing both good and bad players. Cheesy, I know. But whacha gonna do. Stamsorc life <3

So I tried Leviathan. Ha. I mean it's not terrible actually but... right... anyway. Eventually I just settled on New Moon Acolyte and then I switched my mundus stone to the thief. I've got like 42% crit in no cp which... I'm thinking that's probably good enough. I don't want to sacrifice much more. I'm still at like 5k weapon damage so that's good. My other set is Eternal Vigor so don't even worry about sustain we iight over here :)

My question? Considering crit surge blahblah... paired against recent crit impen update blahblah... is crit good in pvp? At least, if only, on stamsorc?

I really really liked the way my bar was set up before. I'm not worried about huge crits so much as crit heals because imo my damage was already fine to begin with and this should be a marginal if not high improvement. I don't much want to worry about giving myself minor force or running the shadow mundus because neither of those effect healing. Is that correct thinking?

Last question? I'm running balorghs and it helps secure kills like no other but if these changes work out favorably, and I think they will, I'd really like to change to a more... uh, style points worthy, monster set. I've seen some solo players crutching on Earthgore... and since I only ever heal myself, I think once every 20 seconds is a looovely proc rate. It was corny but effective enough to make me want to try it. Thoughts? Or Slimecraw maybe?

Oops one more last question. What potions do you folks run? I just made myself some healing, major vitality, +physical resist potions that I'm thinking are pretty nice. I was experimenting in some oils on my lunch break and major vitality does indeed increase my vigor ticks on myself.

I do think it is still strong to build into crit as a stam sorc, and I wouldn't worry too much about increasing your crit damage with shadow mundus or a force buff. I would look at running camo hunter on your front bar or using crit pots. Personally I use 4 different pots; health + vitality pots, health + stam + crit pots, health + stam + immovable pots, and stam + crit + immovable pots. Oh I also have detection pots in a quick slot as well. I have heard good things about the resist pots, but I have not tried them extensively.

For monster set if you don't want to use Balorg, I would run Slimecraw (don't run this if you find room for camo hunter of course) or two 1pc weapon damage sets (Velidreth Head + Molag Kena Shoulders). Molag Kena is a nice 2pc set too, but is more of a PITA to manage in chaotic fights. Engine Guardian, Earthgore and Troll King are solid sustain sets, and I would rank them in the order listed.

Also do you know about the build editor? You may be able to assess builds a little easier with it, but some people still like to try most things in game.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/UESPWiki:EsoBuildEditor

PC/NA

Youtube
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TBois

Thanks for your response it was very helpful. I flip around between a couple potions as well— it’s been easy to experiment with the extra alchemy stuffs during mid year mayhem. I do think I will start mostly using health stam and crit pots, since slimecraw sounds real good, and being able to take camo hunter off would be amazing. The resist pots are definately worth checking out especially in this newest update. But the good ones give you spell and physical... mudcrab chitin and beetle scuttle maybe?

I think im a little too lazy to use the build editor. I like running my own stuff also and rely much more on the play experience than the stats. The frost staff thing is a little weird even for me :p but I completely understand about winning fights against more “meta” players because you have a rotation they don’t recognize and can’t figure out in the 15 seconds you gave them. I was running my stamsorc bow/bow for a while but I only have one good weapon set with two gold bows so... lol. It was really good though, in a niche way. Lately I’ve totally been enjoying having caltrops on my bar. For the major fracture of course... and yes, even in 1v1s I’ve been finding it super useful. Mostly throw it at my own feet and roll dodge as they gap close.

• Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I tried a medium build with hunding rage and pariah. Engine guardian as the monster set.
    I was too lazy to craft NMA and in most BGs I was also running without potions....again, too lazy to log in with my main char....my stamsorc has no money 🤪🤪

I liked the Pariah + damage set combo. It allowed me to maintain the medium passive with a junky bit of armour that kept me alive during some tricky moments.

I had my best k/d ratio yet (3) with a stamsorc.

Anyone else running a similar mix of gear? I was also thinking 2 damage sets in heavy armour?
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on July 5, 2020 10:57PM