Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Moved from console to PC

brear_x
brear_x
✭✭
Hello!

So I just made the move yesterday from console to pc after 3 years lol. I’ll just say I can not actually believe the difference and so annoyed I didn’t do it sooner!

I’m still learning a lot of the different things like add ons and what are the best ones etc

My main questions is the k/b and mouse vs controller.

Obviously I’m only used to playing this game 3 years with a controller. I did start to use the k/b and mouse but couldn’t really get the hang of it at all after a good 3 hours and plugged my controller in.

Is it a case of getting used to the kb and mouse? If so how long roughly do you think it would take to get the hang of it?

From my perspective it’s way easier to move around and use skills with a controller than the kb and mouse but I would imagine you guys on pc would say the same just the other way round.

Any other tips would be great!

Cheers
  • Old_Foggy
    Old_Foggy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi bear, welcome to the pc madness of the game.

Addons i only use as the minion addon manager and the Tamriel Trade Centre mainly as you can check prices of most items you may want to sell and if you want to find any item you can search their website for any on sale and the location etc.

Lots of other addons i'm sure other players will point out to you.

Can't help with the controller my hands are way bigger than a lot of folk and i have trouble hanging onto one, i do love the keyboard and mouse, prolly just because that's what i'm used to.

Anyhoo good luck with it all.

Foggy.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use dual shock with Mac and xbox 360 with PC, both USB tethered. No problem with both of them, the only setting to do is activate controller in the gameplay settings section
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to switch to controller a while back and was unable to get the hang of it. Watching my wife try to game with a keyboard and mouse was enlightening - it isn't an easy adjustment. One thing that really helps me is to unbind a lot of keys. Having the notifications menu pop up when you meant to clutch heal is annoying. Do you really need or want a hot-key for crown crates? Basically, I unbind any non-essential keys in the WASD area. Those I don't fully remove, I move to the right side of the keyboard. Another thing that helps many folks, but that I don't personally use , is a gaming mouse. Moving some of the combat load away from your movement hand seems to help, especially as you try to push higher DPS while moving in combat. Finally, you didn't mention it, but if you need help getting started (training or beginner PvP armor etc...) send me a mail in-game on my main account @sirprizedoften. I play on both EU and NA, but am more active on the latter.
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get a gaming mouse, even a really cheap one, as long as it has some extra buttons on it, bind stuff you always need to it's buttons, I have weapon swap bound to one button, Ult bound to the second, and quick slot bound to the third. doing that also means the buttons around my movement keys no longer have binds so I'm not constantly hitting stuff while trying to move.
    (If your left handed it can also be easier to rebind everything to the number pad)