Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of August 5:
· PC/Mac: No maintenance – August 5
· NA megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· EU megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/663391

ESO LUXURY FURNITURE VENDOR ITEMS – 2020/06/12

BenevolentBowd
BenevolentBowd
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What does the Luxury Furnisher offer this week?
The Luxury Furnisher Vendor (Zanil Theran) is located in Cicero’s Food & General Goods shop in the Hollow City, Coldharbour.
  1. Statue Base, Square 2,500g
  2. Dark Elf Statue, Ordinator 20,000g
  3. Imperial Statue, Legion Champion 20,000g
  4. Ra Gada Statue, Battlemage 25,000g
  5. Ra Gada Statue, Blademaster 25,000g
  6. Statue, Faith 25,000g
  7. Statue, Light 25,000g

All 56 weeks of luxury items are on my ESO Calendar: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar/

Full history of luxury furnisher items: http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-chronicle-of-luxury-furnisher-vendor-items/

About the Vendor
https://youtu.be/GnmYE5eN5OI
Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
#TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    17oZCyM.png
    r2jEyJC.png
    RaJsiVA.png
    dDwgu6z.png
    T4IhZOl.png
    rRTtJuk.png
    m2m01AV.png
    l3GmEG0.png
    PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru.
    Houses: Erstwhile Sanctuary as actual Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, Hunter's Glade as werewolf tavern (downstairs), Strident Springs Demesne as adventurer's house.
    Wishlist: ascension to the ruby throne music box, atronach trader, aetherial well, attunable stations (have 14/80 sets collected), molten war torte and white gold war torte recipes.
    Options
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! For once, these look like actual luxury items
    PC-EU
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh they look nice but they do not fit my necro crypt
    Atleast it was well funished in the last few week
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on June 13, 2020 12:27AM
    Options
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xUpltFs.jpg
    PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru.
    Houses: Erstwhile Sanctuary as actual Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, Hunter's Glade as werewolf tavern (downstairs), Strident Springs Demesne as adventurer's house.
    Wishlist: ascension to the ruby throne music box, atronach trader, aetherial well, attunable stations (have 14/80 sets collected), molten war torte and white gold war torte recipes.
    Options
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enemoriana wrote: »
    xUpltFs.jpg
    I'm a little torn... not sure how to feel about this. :confused:

On the one hand, having statues available for gold is always nice, rather than in Crates/Crowns only.
    On the other hand, I did buy that statue twice and I think this totally devalues that.

What if they release a gold-purchasable recolour of all the Crown-exclusive Elsweyr statues? I bought all those statues thinking they are unique and worth the price. A tiny reskin on what is essentially the same item (not even as varied in paint or gilding like the 4 notoriously copy-pasted Khajjit Shrine guardian variations are) isn't sufficiently different imo.

It's not like there was a shortage of statues they haven't released (there are a lot of Ayleid, High Elf, Breton and even Imperial statues that have ingame models but no furnishings)!!! Why not release those? Like the Auri-El and Xarxes or the Mermaid of Anvil that we recently got mini statuettes for? Those would have been a nice addition to the Luxury vendor imo.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh.... I'm not into the Imperial stuff. But thanks you two for the info and pics!
    Options
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is sad to look at. The brown hue takes away all the detailing. It's as if they excavated it from elsweyr or hammerfell.

So many other statues not in the stores or lux and this is the one they chose. smh.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    xUpltFs.jpg
    I'm a little torn... not sure how to feel about this. :confused:

On the one hand, having statues available for gold is always nice, rather than in Crates/Crowns only.
    On the other hand, I did buy that statue twice and I think this totally devalues that.

What if they release a gold-purchasable recolour of all the Crown-exclusive Elsweyr statues? I bought all those statues thinking they are unique and worth the price. A tiny reskin on what is essentially the same item (not even as varied in paint or gilding like the 4 notoriously copy-pasted Khajjit Shrine guardian variations are) isn't sufficiently different imo.

It's not like there was a shortage of statues they haven't released (there are a lot of Ayleid, High Elf, Breton and even Imperial statues that have ingame models but no furnishings)!!! Why not release those? Like the Auri-El and Xarxes or the Mermaid of Anvil that we recently got mini statuettes for? Those would have been a nice addition to the Luxury vendor imo.

I think the cheaper looking skin should be gold and a nicer texture for crowns, as is the case here.
    Options
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    N/A
    Edited by hexnotic on November 17, 2020 5:27PM
    Options
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay... Let's give this another shot then...

Yeah, I'm still angry. After a full nights rest, and a day spent on not thinking about ESO, at least I am not livid anymore.

All in all though, anger is better for ZOS than the alternative, since it shows that people care enough to get mad about bad moves. Apathy is the thing ZOS should be worried about, since apathy means the end of this game. And seeing how little discussion takes place on Luxury vendor threads these days, I think apathy is steadily growing.

[Snip]

[Snip]. You invalided an expensive crowns only item, and gave us yet another pointless recolor, instead of the dozens and dozens of things your customers actually want! Like planters, musical instruments, easels, ladders and a host of other constantly asked items.

I'm fed up with you, and the lack of respect you give to your customers. I am really starting to feel the apathy myself. Came real close to just uninstalling the thing and be done about it for good. I mean, I really could live without the constant stream of disappointments that ESO keeps serving. And this latest incident was almost the proverbial straw too much.

However, I do still enjoy the occasional PVP session, so I guess I'll keep it around for a while longer. At least until September 17th, if you catch my drift... I think. that by then, I will have much better use for the space on my SSD.

But trust me, keep doing things this way, and soon enough you don't have to be doing it at all, for you will have no customers left.

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on June 13, 2020 8:37PM
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm feeling very happy overall with this week's offerings. I feel like Zanil gave us decent prices for quality items. Some weeks I feel like performing a sacrament. The last few weeks have been good. I am sorry for people annoyed by the new statue but it is very different in texture. The newer one doesn't match the majority of Imperial statues and is a bit more rugged looking. Personally I like it because it works in some areas better. Some people aren't going to like it though because of the texture and colour and that they paid for similar with crowns.
    Edited by TheImperfect on June 13, 2020 11:29PM
    Options
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    I am sorry for people annoyed by the new statue but it is very different in texture. The newer one doesn't match the majority of Imperial statues and is a bit more rugged looking. Personally I like it because it works in some areas better. Some people aren't going to like it though because of the texture and colour and that they paid for similar with crowns.
    A reskin is still just a reskin. So yeah it's annoying no matter what way we look at it. A 'different texture' reskin could have been released for the Ra Gada and Dark Elf statues too (those only have 1 colour variant, those would have looked different too in a recolor, and at least those are gold-purchased statues to start with).

Or better yet release an entirely new statue, not start selling reskins of Crown store items.
    UTbijLb.jpg
    64eilaiwfluy.jpg
    65oBYxp.jpg
    Or release big versions of the new ESO+ mini statuettes. Most old statuettes are smaller versions of earlier Crown-exclusive large statues (like the Daedric ones, or the Elsweyr ones, the Sotha Sil one from the Crown furnishing pack, the Meridia and Sithis standalone statue purchase from the Crown Store). But the new ones only have mini statues with no actual large statue available as furnishings.
    ON-item-furnishing-Statuette_-_Auri-El_and_Xarxes.jpg
    ON-item-furnishing-Statuette_-_Auri-El%2C_Aldmer_King.jpg
    ON-item-furnishing-Statuette_-_Mermaid_of_Anvil.jpg
    Would have been far better, than selling a reskinned Crown statue - no matter how different the recolor is.
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird I agree there need to be new statues and the more new and diverse additions to housing, in general, the better. I do think the occasional reskin is also not a bad thing as it might work better for someones design than the original. If all we get is reskins then yes it would get old, boring and stale quickly. We've had a lot of new things lately.
    Edited by TheImperfect on June 14, 2020 3:01AM
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally love the reskins. This allows more people to have the items and keeps the crown version special. Too much of housing is locked behind crowns only, so it's fantastic to see some reskins. I don't want a reskin of every crown item but I think at least some reskins is a great thing.
    Options
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    bluebird I agree there need to be new statues and the more new and diverse additions to housing, in general, the better. I do think the occasional reskin is also not a bad thing as it might work better for someones design than the original. If all we get is reskins then yes it would get old, boring and stale quickly. We've had a lot of new things lately.
    I understand some people may not mind reskins, but surely there is an equal (or more likely, far greater) number of people who don't like them? :smile: But this isn't just about the reskin, it's a Crown reskin, making it a huge miss on two accounts. I think that's the reason this goes a little beyond not being that bad.

Some people may like reskinned old items, but all players like new items. So it's a poor choice for that already. But additionally, if you need to reskin some old item, make a reskin for a gold-purchasable item (like the Khajiit shrine guardian statue that got four very similar variations). People complained about that reskin quite a lot too, but at least that one didn't walk into the additional minefield of de-valuing Crown-exclusive furniture.

Or make the item transformative enough in a major way. Like a Crown-exclusive statue (or a Crate-exclusive one even, like many of the Daedric Prince statues) could be sized down to create quite a different item. That's how they made the ESO+ Statuettes too after all, and those are a different colour and size. Or the wedding flower recolours; but again all 3 colours of those items were gold-purchased only, and the difference between the blue, orange and green enchanted light on those flowers makes them drastically different. Those are the cases I would agree reskins aren't that bad.
    Options
  • ImmortalCX
    ImmortalCX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the big deal, crown or gold? Most players can exchange one for the other.
    Options
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ImmortalCX wrote: »
    What is the big deal, crown or gold? Most players can exchange one for the other.
    Can I exchange the Crown store statue for gold then and buy the much cheaper recolor? :tongue: Cause those statues valued at 820 Crowns would've been worth 240,000 gold each (PC EU on my discord), so you can compare that to how many gold-purchased statues one could buy with that (only 20,000 gold each)! This move of adding that straight-up Crown Store statue recolor for a very cheap gold price is really out of touch.

If anybody isn't affected by this personally, or doesn't mind, good for them, that's fine too! :smile: But I'd really rather not handwave this away as all a-okay because I really don't want this 'just sell them exlusive stuff for Crowns then reskin it and sell it for gold much cheaper instead of adding original furniture' to set a precedent for furnishings going forward.
    Edited by bluebird on June 14, 2020 7:55AM
    Options
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    xUpltFs.jpg

Damn, got shafted if you bought that for 820 crowns.
    Options