The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Some Crafting stations styles missing

pavsaint
pavsaint
✭✭✭
Hello after latest update I went to craft something in fang lair style and noticed that this and also scalecaller style have disappeared from available styles at any crafting station woodworking and blacksmith crafting stations being ones I checked
Edited by pavsaint on June 11, 2020 9:54AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dumb question here, but you've got the style mats to craft it, right?

You could probably check your achievements or, if you have it, Eidetic Memory, to make sure ESO still registers that you know the styles.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 11, 2020 11:20AM
  • pavsaint
    pavsaint
    ✭✭✭
    That doesn’t matter they should show up regardless of mats or if learnt or not unlearnt display in red they have never before completely vanished it would be useful to know if just me or others affected too
  • pavsaint
    pavsaint
    ✭✭✭
    Mods could you please remove the other duplicate thread for some reason when I edit posts a brand new thread is created
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double check that you don't have the little checkbox selected at the top of the crafting window. There is one there that hides items you don't currently have the ability/materials to craft. Most of the time something goes missing from someone's crafting window this is the reason. Even if you had it unchecked on a character before, it's the first thing to rule out to be certain before moving on to other possibilities.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same thing happen, the Pellitine style is missing entirely. I have both boxes unchecked for have mats and know style. I had the same thing happen last month with the same style and then one day it showed back up.
  • pavsaint
    pavsaint
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds definitely like a bug then. 24 hours later and still not appearing
  • pavsaint
    pavsaint
    ✭✭✭
    Mods can this be looked into by developers please it blocks the completion of master writs I have a fang lair writ at the moment
    Edited by pavsaint on June 11, 2020 3:32PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update the pellitine style is still missing and has not shown back up. Any news on this one? I've got a few master writs dying to be completed.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to double check, do the people having issues know the complete motif, or just a part? Historically, all motifs other than crown store exclusive ones would show up at the table as long as that "have knowledge" box was unchecked. However, recently some in game motifs have seemed to behave like the exclusives, in that they don't show up at the table if you don't know them, regardless of the box. When I looked this morning on my master crafter, I found Pelletine where I expected to. I did not find it on the other characters I checked (who don't know it), but did see several other motifs that they don't know. I didn't look at Fang Lair.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Just to double check, do the people having issues know the complete motif, or just a part? Historically, all motifs other than crown store exclusive ones would show up at the table as long as that "have knowledge" box was unchecked. However, recently some in game motifs have seemed to behave like the exclusives, in that they don't show up at the table if you don't know them, regardless of the box. When I looked this morning on my master crafter, I found Pelletine where I expected to. I did not find it on the other characters I checked (who don't know it), but did see several other motifs that they don't know. I didn't look at Fang Lair.

That's what is odd, Anequina was missing a while back for me then appeared after a few days. Now it is gone once again. I've done hundreds of master writs over the years and this is the only time I've seen this. I've made sure both boxes are unchecked on PS4 and cycled through each style one by one at least 10 times and it's missing again.

It would be nice if on PS4 if they were actually listed in alphabetical order however. Just a thought.
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on June 16, 2020 7:34PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alphabetical order would be nice, but since they are for the most part on order of release, you can easily see where they should be. The motifs preceding Pelletine should be Dead Water, Elder Argonian, Coldsnap, and Meridian: in the same group should be anequina and sunspire, and after should be Moongrave Fane, stags of zen, and the southern Elsweyr motifs dragonguard, shields of Senchal. (going from memory here)
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Alphabetical order would be nice, but since they are for the most part on order of release, you can easily see where they should be. The motifs preceding Pelletine should be Dead Water, Elder Argonian, Coldsnap, and Meridian: in the same group should be anequina and sunspire, and after should be Moongrave Fane, stags of zen, and the southern Elsweyr motifs dragonguard, shields of Senchal. (going from memory here)

There are a few oddballs in there too I think. I want to say when Worm Cult came out it was like Motif #80 and we didn't yet have any in the 60s and 70s.

Then there's the ones that exist on dropped gear but aren't available as a craftable motif... Reach Winter (Briarheart set) comes to mind... that are theoretically taking up a number spot somewhere in the middle of the table too.

You're correct in that there is some method to the madness, but if someone joins now, after 5 years of DLCs and updates, they're not going to know if Thieves Guild was released before or after Dark Brotherhood or Malacath or Daedric.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is some method, yes, after a certain point. But just go take a look at where Imperial is in the order, and you'll see that there is little rhyme or reason for many of the early motifs, after the initial base race motifs

On topic, I haven't noticed that any are missing for me on my master crafter, or that any are showing up on my alts. Just did crafting writs this weekend on all my alts and didn't see anything that shouldn't be there.

However, I have not checked for the specific motifs mentioned, so I'll need to take a look and see if they are there. I'm on XB, so maybe it's specifically a PS4 issue, though a lot of times, with bugs like these, it's a gamepad UI issue.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feric, Jayne, I absolutely agree, the section between the blue racial books and maybe Morrowind doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I wasn't playing during that time, so maybe I'm missing some context. For the most part, stuff after Morrowind is fairly well in order of release. I was more trying to make the point that you don't need to look through the entire list exhaustively; if you've found the motifs that were part of the same content release, you should be finding the one you're looking for, and if it's not there, you won't find it elsewhere.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a master writ for Scalecaller Style Shield and now that option is missing also. I've used it before so I know it was there. This is getting old fast.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a master writ for Scalecaller Style Shield and now that option is missing also. I've used it before so I know it was there. This is getting old fast.

Obvious question ... just confirming you have style stones on-hand for all these motif styles, @Veinblood1965?
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obvious question ... just confirming you have style stones on-hand for all these motif styles, @Veinblood1965?

I don't have them all but i have both boxes unchecked for know style and have mats. I wonder if there's a bug and I have to have the mats regardless of what is checked, maybe thats what happened previously when Anequina was missing. I'll check and post what happens.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK this is solved, the check boxes are not working. Even if you have know style unchecked and you DON'T know the style it will not show up. I found this link below, I went and bought Pellitine Axe and Scalecaller Shield motifs and now both show up.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/486370/scalecaller-style-missing
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad you resolved the issue, but this is pretty much what I posted several posts ago: there are certain motifs for which the have knowledge button doesn't work. I think this is the expected behavior for crown store exclusives, but should not happen for the ones you're mentioning (and yet it does).
  • pavsaint
    pavsaint
    ✭✭✭
    The way I check which styles are missing from crafting stations is to scroll through each one and then cross reference those against journal and then achievements for each region ie scalecaller comes just after morrowind if memory recalls

Edit: meant fang lair not scalecaller doesn’t matter now anyway as I listed the writ on trader

I don’t have any of the knowledge or materials options ticked and never have
    Edited by pavsaint on June 22, 2020 9:06PM