The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Perfect Master's dual wield...

Cortimi
Cortimi
✭✭✭✭✭
Saw in the patch notes they are "closely monitoring" this set bonus to observe it's "functionality as a spammable", but is anyone actually doing this, using Twin/Rending slashes as a spammable with this set? Just got a set from vDSA today, and my tooltip didn't change so I'm guessing it's a "calculated after cast" kind of thing. Just curious what others think of this particular setup and if anyone is finding it worth giving up a monster set for.
Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
Urvoth wrote: »
CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me it outperformed 2h/bow by 2k in a dw/dw 85k>83k setup on my stamsorc, plus the rotation felt alot more fluid. For me it's a yes.
  • Burtan
    Burtan
    ✭✭✭✭
    in PvP I find that rending outperforms even dizzying swing by a large margin when using master DW. When combined with a heavy attack cancel ive seen combos in excess of 20k damage on a relatively defensive based build without use of an ultimate.

Id say its pretty damn strong, at least in PvP, maybe even a little too strong.

It is indeed calculated after casting twin slashes and will be added to your tooltip.
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burtan wrote: »
    in PvP I find that rending outperforms even dizzying swing by a large margin when using master DW. When combined with a heavy attack cancel ive seen combos in excess of 20k damage on a relatively defensive based build without use of an ultimate.

It is indeed calculated after casting twin slashes and will be added to your tooltip.

Ok, you are going to have to educate me, how exactly are you using it? I don't want to try it, do it wrong, then blame my equipment.
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • Burtan
    Burtan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cortimi wrote: »
    Burtan wrote: »

Ok, you are going to have to educate me, how exactly are you using it? I don't want to try it, do it wrong, then blame my equipment.

Bit of a late reply so sorry for that.

You can wind up a heavy attack, cast rending slashes and then another skill or barswap to make it land quickly and with very little animation. There is a very good chance poisons will instantly go off when doing this or you can use a charged shock glyph for 8% extra dmg which is pretty effective.

Sets like sergeants mail also add a rather large amount of dmg to heavy attacks since the set applies its dmg to both ticks of DW heavy attacks for some reason resulting in 5k extra tooltip dmg on heavy attacks.

You can also meme and add vMA destroy at the cost of defensive capability.

With all of this combined ive seen heavy attacks dealing 7k+ each and Rending dealing 3-5k each and then anything else like sub assault on top is pure bonus.

The dot is also decent (as decent as a dot can be right now).