The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pets need to go

Atherakhia
Atherakhia
✭✭✭✭
Pets need to go. The way pets are implemented in this game has rendered them all as little more than DOTs. This isn't like other games where pets could be controlled to do elaborate tasks like stay still, or move to a location. Here they are nothing but passive damage with no real need to control them. This wouldn't be an issue if they could realistically be countered by killing them or CCing them, but they can't. They simply have too much health and replacing them is trivial.

At this point they need to acknowledge that pets are meaningless DOTs and either make them untargetable and just passive damage like all players currently treat them. Or acknowledge they want them to be a non-trivial element of a class and dramatically reduce their health in PvP settings so players will take care of them. I don't care which, but pets need to be toned down in PvP.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take out sorc atros and pets all the time.

Increase your dps [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on June 10, 2020 12:59PM
    Options
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets need to be changed because their hit boxes clutter the game and makes you unable to target your goal with the rubbish tab-targetting system ESO is using.

They are fine as they are - they just shouldn't offer free LoS when other players don't.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
    Options
  • AmoralOne
    AmoralOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you touch my twilight I will find you.. and I will ask for your entire class to be nerfed.. even if I go down with it :)
    PC NA - EP's Greatest Support
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    Pets need to be changed because their hit boxes clutter the game and makes you unable to target your goal with the rubbish tab-targetting system ESO is using.

They are fine as they are - they just shouldn't offer free LoS when other players don't.

Actually this is exactly what pets were meant to do. They get in the way to make it harder for you (and others) to target your goal. It's the same mechanics that some bosses (world and other) use with their adds.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »

Actually this is exactly what pets were meant to do. They get in the way to make it harder for you (and others) to target your goal. It's the same mechanics that some bosses (world and other) use with their adds.

I would agree with you that is their purpose and that purpose should be maintained within reason. But right now they have substantially too much health to be realistically killed and they are far too trivial to replace even when killed. Thus my suggestion to dramatically reduce their health in PVP.

For example, a global rule in PvP areas that reduce pet health by 75% but also reduce the damage they take from AEs by 50% so they have to be targeted is a reasonable trade off in my opinion. If the rebuttal to that is "what about IC PvE content" then you can always make players deal 75% more damage to pets from single target sources.
    Edited by Atherakhia on June 10, 2020 5:36PM
    Options
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pet health doesn’t matter in pve as they don’t take damage there.
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atherakhia wrote: »
    Pets need to go. The way pets are implemented in this game has rendered them all as little more than DOTs. This isn't like other games where pets could be controlled to do elaborate tasks like stay still, or move to a location. Here they are nothing but passive damage with no real need to control them. This wouldn't be an issue if they could realistically be countered by killing them or CCing them, but they can't. They simply have too much health and replacing them is trivial.

At this point they need to acknowledge that pets are meaningless DOTs and either make them untargetable and just passive damage like all players currently treat them. Or acknowledge they want them to be a non-trivial element of a class and dramatically reduce their health in PvP settings so players will take care of them. I don't care which, but pets need to be toned down in PvP.

why do you want to get rid of pets.....its sooooooooo fun playing with the Sorcs' zoo!!!
    Options
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well another issue that pets have is that they have a huge mitigation on aoe damage in pvp. I think it's upwards of 90%. I think it's actually kind of funny that pets mitigate so much aoe damage because like... if you're fighting multiple targets, isn't aoe damage supposed to be ideal? Yet the one true counter to someone with a bunch of pets following them, aoe damage, is no more effective than if you were hitting a single target. The pets are barely taking any damage from what you're hitting them with, so your only advantage is that you're ignoring the hitboxes of the pets which is a nebulous benefit at best.
    Options
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere wrote: »
    Well another issue that pets have is that they have a huge mitigation on aoe damage in pvp. I think it's upwards of 90%. I think it's actually kind of funny that pets mitigate so much aoe damage because like... if you're fighting multiple targets, isn't aoe damage supposed to be ideal? Yet the one true counter to someone with a bunch of pets following them, aoe damage, is no more effective than if you were hitting a single target. The pets are barely taking any damage from what you're hitting them with, so your only advantage is that you're ignoring the hitboxes of the pets which is a nebulous benefit at best.

And should you foolishly target them down in an attempt to counter them, they're replaced with ease.
    Options