The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Greymoor physical edition incomplete

Kaelana
Kaelana
Soul Shriven
I don't usually talk about my problems on the forum, but this time I want to share what happened to me, and see if there are other people in my situation.

I pre-ordered the physical collector edition of Greymoor, as I usually do since Morrowind. I receive my parcel today, but with only 1 of the 4 crowns normally present. I contacted my seller immediately, and I just received a mail from The Elder Scrolls online support, say that in order to resolve the problem, they added 1 650 Crowns in my account.

I don't think that situation is correct... The coins were, for me, an important part of this collector (which was very expensive!), and digital crowns do not compensate their absence...
So, I just want to know if there are other people with the same issue, or had similar problems in the past. And if someone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaelana wrote: »
    I don't usually talk about my problems on the forum, but this time I want to share what happened to me, and see if there are other people in my situation.

I pre-ordered the physical collector edition of Greymoor, as I usually do since Morrowind. I receive my parcel today, but with only 1 of the 4 crowns normally present. I contacted my seller immediately, and I just received a mail from The Elder Scrolls online support, say that in order to resolve the problem, they added 1 650 Crowns in my account.

I don't think that situation is correct... The coins were, for me, an important part of this collector (which was very expensive!), and digital crowns do not compensate their absence...
    So, I just want to know if there are other people with the same issue, or had similar problems in the past. And if someone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

I am guessing you only got one of the four COINS, you meant to say?

I am sorry to hear that you did not get all the coins, but that is not why I believe they are sending you the crowns. The CE is also supposed to come with one month of ESO+. With that ESO+ there should have been awarded that one month’s worth of crowns.

I hope you get your missing items!
  • Kaelana
    Kaelana
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, I mean Coins (sorry, english is not my native language). The mail was not clear in my language, so it might be a misunderstanding! All of this happened this afternoon so I simply made a connection between these elements.
    Thanks for your reply, it helps me a lot!
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I mean Coins (sorry, english is not my native language). The mail was not clear in my language, so it might be a misunderstanding! All of this happened this afternoon so I simply made a connection between these elements.
    Thanks for your reply, it helps me a lot!

For english not being your primary language, you are quite excellent at it. 🙂

Good luck with your coins!
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got a email myself with 1650 coins only I have all of my physical collectors edition coins... winning I guess!! :D
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    So @Kaelana, that e-mail that you received giving you 1650 crowns was unrelated to the issue that you're having. No one who bought the physical CE had received crowns with their month of ESO Plus. That has been resolved now.
    The issue that you're having where you only have one of the four coins in the box is another issue. And you should definitely make a ticket to ZOS as well as you contacting your retailer. Had the package been opened or shown signs of it having been opened by someone prior to you receiving the package?
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • Kaelana
    Kaelana
    Soul Shriven
    @James-Wayne Okay, so there is definitely no link between this mail and my issue ! But you're actually more lucky than me ^^

@Jiigen Thanks for your reply, I will contact ZOS as soon as possible!
    To be more precise, the box wasn't damaged at all. The tape was still here, and even inside, the coins compartment is almost perfectly fine... Just a little part of the plastic was pressed, but it seems to be normal. No, it's more like they forgot to put 3 of them inside...
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can they prove that you only received 1 out of 4 coins? They can't.

Hence the 1,650 being the resolution.

Most businesses will reimburse you with credit if you do not receive a product, they won't re ship the product out to you for obvious reasons.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dhboy123 wrote: »

Most businesses will reimburse you with credit if you do not receive a product, they won't re ship the product out to you for obvious reasons.

Smart businesses insure their shipments...
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Smart businesses insure their shipments...

This is ZOS. These shipments are worth around £10 in terms of actual value. (Have you seen the craftsmanship on the statues? They have clearly been mass produced with a 3D printer for pennies).. It would cost them more to insure it than it would to actually make the product.. Spat my coffee out seeing the price tag of over £100. Then laughed it off knowing people paid that.
    Edited by dhboy123 on June 5, 2020 7:11AM
  • Kaelana
    Kaelana
    Soul Shriven
    @dhboy123 Did you read previous messages ? There is no link between the 1 650 crowns and my issue.

I know they can't prove it ( I can send pictures but they actually don't prove anything...).
    But issues are a part of buisness, and like @Kadoin said, they probably insure their products.

I use to command a lot online, problems like this are rare, but it still happened to me sometimes, and in any case, they finally sent me my products.
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    @dhboy123 Did you read previous messages ? There is no link between the 1 650 crowns and my issue.

I know they can't prove it ( I can send pictures but they actually don't prove anything...).
    But issues are a part of buisness, and like @Kadoin said, they probably insure their products.

I use to command a lot online, problems like this are rare, but it still happened to me sometimes, and in any case, they finally sent me my products.

"I contacted my seller immediately, and I just received a mail from The Elder Scrolls online support, say that in order to resolve the problem, they added 1 650 Crowns in my account."

From that statement I am assuming that it was to resolve the case, I didn't read the other posts.

They aren't going to go out of their way to send 3 coins to an individual, do you honestly think they would do that?
  • Kaelana
    Kaelana
    Soul Shriven
    "I contacted my seller immediately, and I just received a mail from The Elder Scrolls online support, say that in order to resolve the problem, they added 1 650 Crowns in my account."

From that statement I am assuming that it was to resolve the case, I didn't read the other posts.

They aren't going to go out of their way to send 3 coins to an individual, do you honestly think they would do that?

Yeah, and this sentence is a misunderstood, I admit this is my fault.

So no, I don't think they will send me 3 individual coins, but it fact I don't know what they will do. I mostly create this post to see if other people have the same problem.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll bump.
    Since it has the title as it has, I'm pretty sure it will be seen by mods, maybe they can pull some strings and assit you with your ticket.
    Edited by RefLiberty on June 5, 2020 7:55AM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sure they do. That's what customer service is all about. And as has been noted, that's what insurance is all about.

No business believes that their company is perfect and never makes a mistake. Depending on the cost, they might require the initial shipment returned and send a replacement. But not usually. That's why major Companies have Chat customer service. Not once during one of those conversations will the service person refuse to believe the customer. They try to find out what the problem is and they want to fix it. And that includes sending missing parts to the customer just on the word of the customer.

Why? Because they want that customer to buy more stuff from them in the future.

IMHO

:#
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

Sure they do. That's what customer service is all about. And as has been noted, that's what insurance is all about.

No business believes that their company is perfect and never makes a mistake. Depending on the cost, they might require the initial shipment returned and send a replacement. But not usually. That's why major Companies have Chat customer service. Not once during one of those conversations will the service person refuse to believe the customer. They try to find out what the problem is and they want to fix it. And that includes sending missing parts to the customer just on the word of the customer.

IMHO

Will happily bet you 1 to 1 that Bethseda will not re-ship this person another collectors edition pack due to 3/4 coins missing.

100% guarantee you, no business would do that.
    Edited by dhboy123 on June 5, 2020 8:32AM
  • Kaelana
    Kaelana
    Soul Shriven
    @RefLiberty Thanks for your post!

@barney2525 I agree with what you said, and I hope they will react like this...

@dhboy123 Like I said in a previous message, I had some similar problems in the past (but not related to this game) which have been resolved, so it is worth to try! But I totally understand your point of view...
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    I think that on an individual base ZOS or the retailer you purchased from, will be helped to you just fine. You'll surely get your coins one way or another. Either the retailer will send you a new box, maybe you have to return your current? Or ZOS will send you the missing coins, or their weight in ESO Plus™ months. ;)
    Edited by Jiigen on June 5, 2020 12:39PM
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • Kaelana
    Kaelana
    Soul Shriven
    Jiigen wrote: »
    I think that on an individual base ZOS or the retailer you purchased from, will be helped to you just fine. You'll surely get your coins one way or another. Either the retailer will send you a new box, maybe you have to return your current? Or ZOS will send you the missing coins, or their weight in ESO Plus™ months. ;)

Yes, I purchased it on the Bethesda store Europe, so I imagine they will help me! I'm still waiting for an answer, but in any case, I will keep you informed :)
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @Kaelana could you please provide us with the Ticket number of your support request?
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kaelana
    Kaelana
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Adrikoth Thanks for your help! My ticket number is 200605-005781
    Edited by Kaelana on June 5, 2020 1:14PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    No problem @Kaelana I have escalated your ticket to the proper team. With this in mind, please be aware that we are currently experiencing high contact volumes due to the impact of COVID-19 and you may experience increased waiting times when contacting Customer Support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kaelana
    Kaelana
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you again @ZOS_Adrikoth ! I understand that it could take a moment to be resolved ^^
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

IMHO

Will happily bet you 1 to 1 that Bethseda will not re-ship this person another collectors edition pack due to 3/4 coins missing.

100% guarantee you, no business would do that.

Companies don't send an entire new package unless the defective one is returned. They DO send the parts that are missing. Real Life example of just a month ago. I bought a chair for the living room. It had a metal frame you have to assemble and they include the parts (bolts/washers etc). They also include a specific website and phone number to use for customer service, so you get straight to the CS if there is an issue.

With the chair, some parts were missing - probably because when is was delivered, the box had been beaten within an inch of its life, and it was half open. They offered to send the missing parts. I decided I did not want to wait the few days it would take and went to the hardware store and bought the parts myself. But they would have replaced the parts if I had asked them to.