Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should being able to queue as a group of 2, 3, or 4 players be reintroduced to Battlegrounds?

• precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There shouldn't be any controversy, before there was good matches happening all day, now there is maybe one in a week. GG ZOS you ruined the one saving grace of your busted game.
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    The yes is only if premade and solo q are two different queues
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Wow, Zenimax- look how one-sided the results are. Bring back group queue for battlegrounds ASAP. Devs need to learn how to filter out the whiners who will always make excuses for being bad at the game and definitely do not speak for the community as a whole.

I‘m a veteran player who just returned to the game after a year and a half long break. I was EXTREMELY disappointed to find out you can’t queue in Battlegrounds as a group any longer. Made me wonder for a second if I should really give more time to a game with such clueless developers. And that’s from someone who queues as a solo 75% of the time and as a duo the rest of the time. Sometimes you run into a good pre-made and get your butt kicked. Not a big deal. Just run it again.

So many people in our generation have terrible competitive spirit. They can’t handle losing so they just complain and complain when they lose. That’s not being competitive, that’s cowardice.

Stop listening to the cowards Zenimax. Restricting groups from battlegrounds is bad for the game. Maybe you secretly just want the game to die.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    callen4492 wrote: »
    Wow, Zenimax- look how one-sided the results are.
    And that's the problem I've been highlighting throughout the thread. The results are unreliable and make it look as though "everyone" wants the old queue system back, even though some people who voted yes would prefer solo-only to how it was previously. If I followed the OP's rules there would be another yes vote counted, though I would be 100% against a return to the old queue system.
    callen4492 wrote: »
    Sometimes you run into a good pre-made and get your butt kicked. Not a big deal. Just run it again.
    Depending on your platform, MMR, and time of day, you may end up facing the same premade (or group of a few different premades) over and over again. I don't care about losing some games - after all, if every match were to somehow be perfectly balanced, you should statistically expect to lose 2/3 of the time.

Some premades would even play game modes other than deathmatch, and just ignore the objectives as they run around killing people. You could oftentimes win those games easily, but it still made for a very poor gameplay experience. And that's the actual problem; premade-vs-random games simply aren't fun most of the time, no matter which side of the fence you're on.
  • jakenaftalb14a_ESO
    Yes
    One of my favorite activities in this game was to queue with my roommates. We would shout at each other across the living room, jump up and cheer when we won, and take shots when we lost. Some nights we'd get trashed, some nights we'd cheat and drink anyway.
    Friendship in and out of the game is the core.
  • erickthe
    erickthe
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    So i just discovered this today and I think solo queue only is pretty dumb. Was going to queue up with my wife to knock out some midyear mayhem stuff. Now I'm probably not going to queue at all. This really sucks.

Admittedly I don't pvp that often, but I have in the past, and I didn't really mind getting rolled by premades. I just enjoyed the display of prowess, lost and queued again when it happened.

Oh well.
  • Vizzini
    Vizzini
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes

A Simple ranking system would solve 90% of BG balance issues. When you start BG you are rank 1. If you win a lot you go up in rank. If you loose a lot you go down in rank. System attempts to pull players that are close to your rank. SIMPLE PLEASE IMPLEMENT
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizzini wrote: »
    Yes

A Simple ranking system would solve 90% of BG balance issues. When you start BG you are rank 1. If you win a lot you go up in rank. If you loose a lot you go down in rank. System attempts to pull players that are close to your rank. SIMPLE PLEASE IMPLEMENT

For better or worse, there is an MMR system already, it's just not visible.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. Premades destroy battlegrounds, period. If they had their own separate queue I would be fine with that, but not in the pug queue. You would have to either run with a premade coordinated group or get rolled all day. As it stands now I have a chance to win literally every match when all teams are full. If you allow premades you will never be able to queue as a single player again without getting farmed.

If you don't agree with a premade queue you just want to ez-mode farm and nothing more.
  • Augusten15
    Augusten15
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I only wish they would introduce a system similar to arenas that you see in most MMOs. Pre-made teams could have their own MMR.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Didn't see a single interesting bg stream on twitch since removal of group q.