The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stuck in Hole In Map

Mithrazielle
Mithrazielle
✭✭
Put off doing 'Blood and Sand' Quest as I was alone, and wasn't strong enough when tried before. Tried tonight and was about to Defeat Quintus Verres (the main boss) when he cast a spell causing a ghost to come at me, demon/whatever. UI takes control of my character and makes me run away in fear for short distance- but this time ran me into a hole in the map. I cannot teleport out to home, or nearby wayshrine. Using Help->Get Me Unstuck does not work, and no amount of wiggling etc. After awhile I'm logged at (Error 318) and told I'm sending too many messages- which I'm not. If I log back in with my character... I'm still stuck in the hole.

How F'n hard is it to write code (it isn't hard, I know) that when you tell it to 'unstick you' it simply moves your coordinate to a nearby wayshrine????? Seriously. This is a bug that should not be possible in this game.

Anybody have any ideas for this. Yes, I've opened a ticket with Zenimax. But I don't want to lose the character, I spent years developing it..... (sigh). Anybody have a fix? I'm on XBOX One.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That happens, it happened to me, fell thru a stairway with enemy at the top.
    I could see out in all directions, just couldn't walk out.
    Like you, I couldn't port out, but it kept telling me I was in battle and the option was shut off.

A guildmate grouped me, ported near, and killed the badguys, at which point i could then port out.

I assume you're probably trapped inside his attack circle and remain in a combat situation any time you rez or relog into the game.

I haven't fallen through a stone stair case (or any other kind) since some time in 2014, but I've fallen through the rocks at waterfalls and been trapped in a mountain a few times.

There are still a number of holes where the scenery was copy/pasta'd together during design/construction, and they aren't in a hurry to fix that stuff anymore.
    Edited by twev on June 2, 2020 12:01AM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got feared through a wall in CoA II and fell through the map. I had port out before I hit the floor cause it kept logging me out.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Queue for a battleground or enter a Cyrodiil campaign. It solved it for me in the past.

If that fails, send a support ticket. They will get your character ported out to a safe place (you will receive an email from game support once this is done)
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Mithrazielle

What is your current ticket number?

We can take a look and try moving the character from the spot it is stuck.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Mithrazielle
    Mithrazielle
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Ticket: 200601-013974

You can close, please (I also responded to the ticket via email). I went in to try some of the suggestions posted above, and my character had been moved to outside the group dungeon... so all is good.

_THANK YOU_
    M
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Mithrazielle

Thank you for letting us know the issue is now resolved. Your ticket has been updated and this thread will now be closed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.