Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deleted character

MikeTheKnight
MikeTheKnight
Soul Shriven
So I accidentally deleted a character when I was trying to get rid of another, it was completely my fault and feel like a complete moron. I know that the support team is most likely having to do a lot more work lately, but It has been a while and I just want to make sure they have gotten my ticket.

The ticket number is 200518-000770

I appreciate any feedback you can give!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not, I repeat, Do Not create another character. if you do, it may use that slot the character you deleted had, and you won't be able to recover it.

You can thank me later.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awk I feel for you buddy.

Take note, it is not always technically possible for them to restore a deleted character but I keep fingers crossed for you 🤞
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, do not lose patience and put in additional tickets as they will take the case straight to the back of the queue each time. The team are not just doing a lot more work with Greymoor's launch and the increased playerbase currently, they are all working from home so things are taking a lot longer to be resolved.
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember yeeears ago when they still did the loyalty rewards and before collectibles tab was a thing. I had lost something I had gotten from the rewards, possi ly by deleting a character that had it. After submitting a ticket they restored the last couple characters I had deleted to see if any of them had the item. When they didn't, they wound up giving me a new loyalty item of the same thing and told to be careful this time as they wouldn't do it again. Then a while later came the collectibles menu and that was never an issue again.

Hopefully they can do something similar for you, returning your accidentally deleted character. But given how support has changed over the years, may be unlikely.
  • MikeTheKnight
    MikeTheKnight
    Soul Shriven

Nestor wrote: »
    Do not, I repeat, Do Not create another character. if you do, it may use that slot the character you deleted had, and you won't be able to recover it.

You can thank me later.

Uh oh, sad to say I already made another character. Though the support team sent me an email saying that I only needed 1 empty character slot available in an automatic message.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once deleted a char too and support was able to restore it 2 weeks later with no problems...they were amazing!
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can thank me later.

Uh oh, sad to say I already made another character. Though the support team sent me an email saying that I only needed 1 empty character slot available in an automatic message.

Best of luck. Keep replying to the emails, even the automated ones. Don't give up.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to get your character back easily. Just make sure to respond to the automated message you get when you first submit the ticket because if you don't they never actually look into it because they assume the automated message solved the issue and the ticket closes itself after a few days if you don't respond.

I've had multiple characters restored before, and sometimes even the same character restored multiple times after being deleted multiple times (lets just say I quit a couple times lol), and once even got a character that was deleted over a year ago restored.

As long as you know roughly a general timeframe when the character was deleted, the name, other potential names it had, alliance, level, class, race, etc. you should be able to get it back - also, if they say they can't help you and close the ticket, try again later. I've had a case where they said my character couldn't be restored anymore because it was deleted and restored too many times (fair, I know I shouldn't be expecting to be able to get them back each time anyway) but when I asked again later a different person read the ticket and was able to do it. Sadly I never was able to have my very first character restored but that was probably way too long ago for it to work, plus I couldn't really remember all of the necessary details.

Also in the automated response and probably the first real response they give you they'll always say you need to have your bank empty before they continue the process, so just do that ahead of time so you can respond back immediately, so they can do the character restore sooner.
    Edited by Robo_Hobo on May 29, 2020 6:52AM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey @MikeTheKnight we can confirm that your ticket is in the right place and a support agent will reach out to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, as we are currently experiencing high contact volumes, due to the impact of COVID-19, and you may experience increased waiting times when contacting Customer Support.

Please also know that updating your ticket will put it at the end of the line and delay the response time. Because of this, we recommend only updating your ticket as necessary.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can thank me later.

I think it is a an issue if you have a lot of slots used. I forget the exact number, but it related to the the number in the base game, which is 10 I think now. If you have empty slots you should be OK.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can thank me later.

I think it is a an issue if you have a lot of slots used. I forget the exact number, but it related to the the number in the base game, which is 10 I think now. If you have empty slots you should be OK.

I think it is 9 free slots. At least, that is what my alt account has, and that account is current through Elsweyr.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MikeTheKnight
    MikeTheKnight
    Soul Shriven
    Hey @MikeTheKnight we can confirm that your ticket is in the right place and a support agent will reach out to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, as we are currently experiencing high contact volumes, due to the impact of COVID-19, and you may experience increased waiting times when contacting Customer Support.

Please also know that updating your ticket will put it at the end of the line and delay the response time. Because of this, we recommend only updating your ticket as necessary.

I haven't touched my ticket in 2 weeks and logged in to check its progress, turns out it was updated by itself, not sure if it is automatic after a certain period of time, or if someone has done it for me. I take it this means I've been put at the back of the line without me doing anything.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MikeTheKnight

Your ticket is still open and has not been moved to the end of the line. A response from our support team should be coming soon.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HI.

just to know. Do you think it's possible to recover a character even if many years passed and new chars have been created ?
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Xarcus

The more time time has passed between when a character was deleted the more likely it may not be able to be recovered.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ok thx BillE
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50