The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Accidental Social Ban?

BadChemistry
BadChemistry
✭✭
Hey there, @ZOS_BillE - I am sorry to ping you, I'm sure you get a million pings a day.

For some reason, I think I've been social banned? I can *only* speak in guild chat. That is it. I can receive whispers/group messages/in-game mails, but can't send anything.

The weird part is all I do is roleplay in ESO. Meaning I type for *hours* on end, sometimes sending several emotes in /say or /emote or /yell during the course of a few minutes. I've recently only roleplayed with my guilds/groups of friends, and have been running a roleplay guild on the NA server since like 2014/2015.

Since I've been roleplaying in ESO since launch, I've never had an issue with a social ban. I think I must have tripped the spam filter somehow!

I spoke to a CS agent via text last night, but they just said they would refer me to a special team and that was it.

Not going to lie, I'm pretty frustrated. I literally just bought greymoor to do with friends/guildmates, but we can't even do that together now... which is the only reason it was bought. :(

The only other thing friends suggested is that I've been 'ban bombed' aka someone submitted mass false reports. Again, that doesn't make sense though - I don't talk to most folks outside of my guilds.

Any help to understand this situation would be appreciated. Thank you

Ticket number is 200527-014009
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @BadChemistry, we can confirm that we have received your ticket and that it is in the right place. A support agent will reach out to you soon.

Please be advised that we are currently experiencing higher than normal contact volume and as a result you may wait longer for a response.

Thank you for understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • BadChemistry
    BadChemistry
    ✭✭
    Hi @BadChemistry, we can confirm that we have received your ticket and that it is in the right place. A support agent will reach out to you soon.

Please be advised that we are currently experiencing higher than normal contact volume and as a result you may wait longer for a response.

Thank you for understanding.

Thank you for the update. I'm sure you understand the frustration, so thank you again for responding quickly. I'll keep checking the support page for updates, as I still haven't received any kind of email from CS.
  • BadChemistry
    BadChemistry
    ✭✭
    Hey there, just a small question; It went from 'under review' to 'waiting for agent' again. It's been like that for the last 12+ hours, which no ticket updates or change in status. I was told someone would reach out to me - However no one has so far.

Is there anything I need to be looking for or doing on my end in order to get this resolved smoothly, other than just sit tight?

@ZOS_Chiroptera
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @BadChemistry

Your ticket 200527-014009 was moved to a different queue which is why there was an update on the ticket. It is still open and should receive a response soon.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • BadChemistry
    BadChemistry
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @BadChemistry

Your ticket 200527-014009 was moved to a different queue which is why there was an update on the ticket. It is still open and should receive a response soon.

Hey there, this is just an update that I have not received a response. I know y'all are trying your best and that is so very appreciated, especially given the circumstances, but it isn't just me dealing with this; At least 10+ other roleplayers that I know of all got affected by this at the same time - which was literally the day after greymoor launched. We've all put in tickets.

If there could be some kind of resolution or even just an update on /why/ the spam filter was triggered, that would be super appreciated.

Thank you :smile: