The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Extremely poor physical Collector's Edition statue quality

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like mine, and am glad it's not yet another single shade faux metallic finish like most figurines these days that are trying to make you believe they're not resin. Most of the difference between the photos that are posted is down to differences in the lighting.

The coins are excellent, really heavyweight with a good image and fitting neatly into the metal display case that comes with them, although as someone has said you could easily break a few fingers prising them out of the packaging!
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go on to steam and warn others of this,and the rest of greymoor shortcomings, so no one else gets effed! Heading there now!
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Lord-Otto Any chance for a photo?

Yes, I think I got a good one. I will share in a couple hours from my PC, can't do it from phone. Must sleep now, however, 2am... (x.x)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    @Lord-Otto Any chance for a photo?

Yes, I think I got a good one. I will share in a couple hours from my PC, can't do it from phone. Must sleep now, however, 2am... (x.x)

the world waits while you slumber :)
    Edited by geonsocal on May 30, 2020 12:23AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    Zuboko wrote: »
    They made a statement in the last ESO live event. The design of the statue was intended to look like something you might dig up in the new archeaology system.

I listened to that live and that honestly sounded like code for

"well Covid occurred and we could not get these things painted like they were supposed to be so we decided to pretend it is an antique look and see if we could pass that off..."
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjIuhhTUYg1FgRPsvCzjUCN-5FF3

Here's the link. The forum won't let me embed it as a pic, for whatever reason. It was taken in the afternoon, not in direct sunlight, but with the room completely lit. I think it's quite the accurate shot of how it looks. Decided to focus on the Lord, as the base really isn't all that detailed.
  • GothamHunter
    GothamHunter
    ✭✭✭
    Well yours looks incredibly better "textured" than mine at least.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty similar to mine.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well yours looks incredibly better "textured" than mine at least.

I am sorry to hear that.
    =C
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where does it say the ESO consumer collectible statue is definately 3D printed, can someone provide a link?

For a prototype I can imagine a 3D print, but for a bigger batch, 3D printing is still costly and time consuming.
    I see seams in the base of the statue wich might suggest another type of reproducing technique.

It would be highly exciting if the consumer batch is 3D printed.

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset Mephala was top notch. Proudly displayed in my ES(O) corner.

mephala.jpg

Never liked the current one because of the glossy finish and kind of slimy appeal of the Vampire lord. It does look excavated, I'll give them that... but again, too glossy.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    Why are peeps even buying this stuff anyway? You're basically asking to get shilled.

This. Waste of money, time and resources. IMHO at least.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »

mephala.jpg

Never liked the current one because of the glossy finish and kind of slimy appeal of the Vampire lord. It does look excavated, I'll give them that... but again, too glossy.

Looks cool! Is that plastic, too? Looks more like metal.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    mephala.jpg

Oh my what a difference in quality.

Is the current statue true representation of where the ESO is heading?
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks cool! Is that plastic, too? Looks more like metal.
    It's not metal, but it's a great effect, as it does look totally metallic. :) It's a tiny bit more matte in real life.
    That's some rubbery plastics actually, probably a resin of some kind. It's not brittle, every part can withstand some bending without breaking, which is cool, as there are lots of spiders with tiny legs! It's built to last.

RefLiberty wrote: »
    Oh my what a difference in quality.

Is the current statue true representation of where the ESO is heading?
    Well, I'm more than happy with Graymoor chapter, as for the game itself. The real problem are the companies that make the merch for the games. Not everything comes from the same source, nor is the same quality, even though you buy from the same brand.
    Here I actually think that ZOS and devs clearly wanted to make it, despite of the last year's absence of CE physical releases. We did get a dragon tablet last year, but while it was great, it was sold separately.
    I'm not into numbers, but it could be that more people were buying physical CE releases years ago than they are now and that their expenses are much heavier now.

I cannot tell what material they used for the Vampire lord statue, but it looks too shiny for my taste. That being said, it could be a a great base for some nice paint job. A skilled painter could make it from good to awesome!
    Edited by maboleth on May 30, 2020 5:08PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably the same material as the Meph statue. It's plastic, but very soft. "Rubbery" is a good adjective for it.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does look cheap af. If it were me, i'd just repaint it myself. I feel bad for the people that were looking forward to getting the CE and were disappointed.
  • GothamHunter
    GothamHunter
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably the same material as the Meph statue. It's plastic, but very soft. "Rubbery" is a good adjective for it.

It's the same material. Like I said in OP, I don't care about the material, I care that the quality is abhorrent.