The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Scrying breaks the map?

notyuu
notyuu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is it just me who suffers from literally un-responsive map controls after using the scrying tool for...anything?

as in i can't zoom in, out, select quests, change tab or even click on towns or set markers

forcing a /reloadui to make the map work

so..am I the only one with this issue?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same issue and thought it was addons. but I cannot test the theory as the game kicked me out and with 30 minute queue, I'd rather do something else.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    Is it just me who suffers from literally un-responsive map controls after using the scrying tool for...anything?

as in i can't zoom in, out, select quests, change tab or even click on towns or set markers

Have you tried pressing E for Continue after successful scrying?
    4I1mEvC.jpg
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
    Options
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have Votan's minimap installed, disable it. It was causing these same issues for me earlier.
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »

scry, scry baby.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfGSd-tikH4
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • SamaelHQ
    SamaelHQ
    ✭✭✭
    It was also Votan's Minimap for me. Disabled it, works fine.
    Leader of Turkish Community Guild, Elder Turks.
    Server: PC-EU
    Options
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you have Votan's minimap installed, disable it. It was causing these same issues for me earlier.
    Mauhulakh wrote: »
    It was also Votan's Minimap for me. Disabled it, works fine.

Yep..it's votan's map
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, same issue. And same solution — disable the map add-on.
    Options
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AFAIK, Votan's minimap is merely a display of the regular map, the original, normal, unaltered game map, in an overlay window. I would understand those issues with a different addon that messes with the map or uses a different one, but this has to be the less likely to cause an issue addon ever.

Still could be, though. It's not like I know its code :/
    Options
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, fixed it by disabling votan's minimap.
    Options
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    Uryel wrote: »

AFAIK, Votan's minimap is merely a display of the regular map, the original, normal, unaltered game map, in an overlay window. I would understand those issues with a different addon that messes with the map or uses a different one, but this has to be the less likely to cause an issue addon ever.

There is an issue in there. I did not spoil myself playing the content on PTS already.
    Once I have this situation myself, I can debug it.
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Votan, your mini-map is great! I’ve used it ever since you created it and feel lost when I don’t have it. I equate it to rl gps phone apps 😁

When I install the addon, it creates its own separate “Add-ons” item on my menu. All the other addons go under the menu option “Addons” without the dash (I think I’m remembering that right and don’t have it backwards; I’m at work now and can’t check). Am I doing something wrong when I install it to cause that to happen? It’s something I’ve always wondered.
    Options
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    Votan, your mini-map is great! I’ve used it ever since you created it and feel lost when I don’t have it. I equate it to rl gps phone apps 😁

When I install the addon, it creates its own separate “Add-ons” item on my menu. All the other addons go under the menu option “Addons” without the dash (I think I’m remembering that right and don’t have it backwards; I’m at work now and can’t check). Am I doing something wrong when I install it to cause that to happen? It’s something I’ve always wondered.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info937-HarvensAStoLAMadapter.html
    Options
  • Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    votan73 wrote: »
    Uryel wrote: »

There is an issue in there. I did not spoil myself playing the content on PTS already.
    Once I have this situation myself, I can debug it.

It only happens if you picked up the scrying/excavation skill lines from Solitude so a characters without them won't get the same issue. No issues on my warden that have not done the scrying/excavation tutorial quest. On my nightblade I have to go minimapless until it's fixed.
    Edited by Blackwolfe5 on May 27, 2020 3:05PM
    Options
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    honestly, would it be that difficult for ZOS to put a mini map in the game like a normal game? The game is 6 years old already. I guess it's too advanced.
    Options
  • Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    honestly, would it be that difficult for ZOS to put a mini map in the game like a normal game? The game is 6 years old already. I guess it's too advanced.

I think there was one originally but they removed it.
    Options
  • Jacozilla
    Jacozilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't actually need to disable Votan's minimap in PVE. For PVP yes.

1- even without Votan, seems game issue regardless of addon if you don't click E - Continue after scrying, our map controls are all screwed up, can't click to port anywhere, etc.

2- if you click E to continue after scrying,, it's all fine. problem is with Votan installed, it seems to hide the E-Continue prompt. But even though can't see the prompt, you can still click E to continue and resolve the issue above in #1.

Basically, the issue with Votan's minimap doesn't seem to be that it causes the problem, rather it hides the E-continue prompt after scrying which borks your map controls if you don't do that step (and if players dont see the prompt, they forget to click)

3- in cyrodil there doesn't seem to be any workaround
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jacozilla wrote: »

1- even without Votan, seems game issue regardless of addon if you don't click E - Continue after scrying, our map controls are all screwed up, can't click to port anywhere, etc.

2- if you click E to continue after scrying,, it's all fine. problem is with Votan installed, it seems to hide the E-Continue prompt. But even though can't see the prompt, you can still click E to continue and resolve the issue above in #1.

Basically, the issue with Votan's minimap doesn't seem to be that it causes the problem, rather it hides the E-continue prompt after scrying which borks your map controls if you don't do that step (and if players dont see the prompt, they forget to click)

Point 2 : No. Votan's Minimap as well as other minimap addons cause issues even if you press "E" and most times the only way out is /reloadui.
    Only minimap that doesn't do that to my knowledge is Bandits. But installing Bandits just for the minimap is a sort of a pita since it's such a huge multi-module addon.

So yes, there's a problem with Votan's and other minimaps, and pressing E doesn't (always) solve it.
    That being said, there seems to be issues with UI behaviour in general related to scrying, with or without addons.

Sorry to hear it is so bad in Cyro in that regard. Hope add-on authors (thank you all, by the way, for everything), but preferably ZOS, fixes this asap.

Options
  • Jacozilla
    Jacozilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Point 2 : No. Votan's Minimap as well as other minimap addons cause issues even if you press "E" and most times the only way out is /reloadui.
    Only minimap that doesn't do that to my knowledge is Bandits. But installing Bandits just for the minimap is a sort of a pita since it's such a huge multi-module addon.

So yes, there's a problem with Votan's and other minimaps, and pressing E doesn't (always) solve it.
    That being said, there seems to be issues with UI behaviour in general related to scrying, with or without addons.

Sorry to hear it is so bad in Cyro in that regard. Hope add-on authors (thank you all, by the way, for everything), but preferably ZOS, fixes this asap.

Hmm, ok perhaps there is more contributing factors then.

All I can say is for me personally, thankfully, the resolution I posted in #2 works perfectly for me (in PVE zones). Long as I click E (even though I can't see prompt), my main map works fine. Can click to port on shrines when not at shrines, can click on shrines from a shrine, click to port into dungeons, etc.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, ok perhaps there is more contributing factors then.

I believe so (while not being a coder in any way).
    The strange behaviour of the map, minimaps, excavation UI, digging sites not showing in some zones, etc... all this looks related to me, looks like there's a general issue with placements, coordinates, maps and zooming.

Options