The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why would any human join the Aldmeri Dominion?

• karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    because yellow, yes?

PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because yellow, yes?
    Actually I bought the Alliance rider costume last night. Yellow looks great! I've dyed all my AD armor yellow/silver/blue, like the promo materials too. They look awesome.

Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yellow is evil and therfore will always triumph over reds and blues because good is dumb.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really... I see red as more evil, bc it resembles blood and war. Yellow is restoring.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • JohnOfMarkarth
    JohnOfMarkarth
    ✭✭✭
    I actually play an imperial that is loyal to the AD. I like to think that he just feels that men have tried (and failed big time) to control tamriel so why shouldn't the elves be given a shot?

Perhaps because elves tried and failed before that too. But its a fair point with cyclic undertones. Every time an elf fails to rule a human succeeds and then fails and then elf succeeds and then fails yet again
    Athan1 wrote: »
    Not really... I see red as more evil, bc it resembles blood and war. Yellow is restoring.

Also... Blood and war as "evil" as wasps and cockroaches, bees, love hate or passion are. The are a natural result and occurrence. Red is symbol of passion and love too.

Additionaly, its green which is restorative and natural (but also greedy in symbolism). Yellow is happy and sunny but also cowardly and cautious. Also yellow/gold can be a symbol of arrogance too. Which is no less evil then "blood" is.

But basing it on color alone is... funny bussiness. But... i sppose one could use it as reason?
    Edited by JohnOfMarkarth on September 3, 2020 4:14PM
    I can't do this anymore. Every small ... petit change that went against any semblance of sense has snowballed into an avalanche of (Penn & Teller:) Bulls...!

Gods, bless me with patience.
  • leetacakesb16_ESO
    leetacakesb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My breton is because she has an altmer father. I've given her pointy ears so she looks kind of vulcan, I guess. 😊

My imperial is because she was rescued by Ayrenns troops in the Imperial City and serves the Queen as a like a repayment.
    Pc EU- Lady_Hania
  • storm105
    storm105
    ✭✭✭
    I know the whole breton heritage debate is kind of dead now but it's said in game that the first generation bretons were only allowed to marry nedes and other bretons. Bretons have always been humans with a higher than normal degree of elven ancestry. They aren't and we're never half elves and we're always considered a race of men. They are like 90% nedes and like 10% altmer. The bretons elven heritage is pretty exaggerated by fans but they've always just been considered one of the races of men.

I can't think of why any human would ever support the dominion since their whole reasoning is that humans are to stupid to rule themselves.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can see a lot of reasons to support dominion by Breton:
    * mental disorder
    * very, very low self-esteem
    * self-destructive behaviours
    * being victim of brain-washing cult
    * chaotic evil personality

:D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Machete
    Machete
    ✭✭✭
    There are many good stories one could come up with for having a human support the Dominion or Elves support the Covenant.

1. A childhood friend of an opposite race being beaten brutally out of Supreme Alliance Racists
    2. Owing someone in power a promise to defend them. Treating it more like a favor. War changes people to see certain views.
    3. Wife or husband of a seperate race wanting to protect their family. Interracial couples aren't uncommon in TES, same with genders. Having a loved one seeking safety could drive a character to drastic action.
    4. (Imperial) Aldmeri Dominion came to the aid of the hero. There are plenty of refugees in the Imperial Sewers that were saved by the Alliances and are treated with care and respect.
    5. Complete dislike of Emeric or the Skald King. Or racism to the alliance allies. It's no secret each race is racist to the other. Breton, Orcs and Redguards have a history of conflict, Altmer look down on Bosmer and Khajiit, when there isn't a Dominion the Khajiit and Bosmer are at war. And of course, the Pact.
    6. Perhaps the easiest but truest one of them all: the province you live in is your home. If you were born and raised there, it would make sense you would want to defend your home, family and friends.

Lemon-Party

Monarch Wintervine, Stamina DK, AD
    Eiress Wintervine, Stamina Warden, AD
    Aelireed Auntumnvine, Stamina Necromancer, AD
    Sierena Hlaalu, Stamina Templar, AD
    Blou Springwillow, Stamina Sorc, AD
    Taliana Silverthorn, Stamina NB, AD
    Monarch Wíntervine, Stamina DK, EP
    Lily Hlaalu, Stamina NB, EP
    Tankito Fondlini, DK Tank, EP
    Evaii Spellborn, Magicka DK, AD
    Thellion Evaire, Magicka Warden, AD
    Weylenn Aenwee, Magicka Templar, AD
    Valianna Syn, Magicka Sorc, AD
    Aranyus Highren, Magicka NB, AD
  • storm105
    storm105
    ✭✭✭
    Machete wrote: »
    There are many good stories one could come up with for having a human support the Dominion or Elves support the Covenant.

1. A childhood friend of an opposite race being beaten brutally out of Supreme Alliance Racists
    2. Owing someone in power a promise to defend them. Treating it more like a favor. War changes people to see certain views.
    3. Wife or husband of a seperate race wanting to protect their family. Interracial couples aren't uncommon in TES, same with genders. Having a loved one seeking safety could drive a character to drastic action.
    4. (Imperial) Aldmeri Dominion came to the aid of the hero. There are plenty of refugees in the Imperial Sewers that were saved by the Alliances and are treated with care and respect.
    5. Complete dislike of Emeric or the Skald King. Or racism to the alliance allies. It's no secret each race is racist to the other. Breton, Orcs and Redguards have a history of conflict, Altmer look down on Bosmer and Khajiit, when there isn't a Dominion the Khajiit and Bosmer are at war. And of course, the Pact.
    6. Perhaps the easiest but truest one of them all: the province you live in is your home. If you were born and raised there, it would make sense you would want to defend your home, family and friends.

The whole problem I have is that the Dominion's motivate is the most racial based one of all. The covanent wants to restore the empire and the Pact doesn't like the Empire and wants it gone. But the Dominion's motive is that the other races are to stupid to rule themselves so the elves must rule for them. Even if you despite the covanent and the pact I cant see why anyone who isn't an elf would support the Dominion unless they just really like Ayrenn.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interestingly enough Fudgemuppet made a video about elven empires and how they rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX3rNsQd2uk
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can definitely see someone that feels disenfranchised by the status quo turning to what they believe different and thus better but I think this would actually be rather rare. I imagine most humans would have a difficult time adjusting to Elven life and rule. And most humans just like all the other races would prefer to seek out their own.

But.

If I was a human that felt that Elves could do a better job. It might be because of some previous exposure to their societies and lifestyles. Maybe this person has come to develop an appreciation or fascination with Elven culture. Maybe this person encountered heroic personalities like Ayrenn and Raz or similar person at some point and they inspired them to seek them out and join their cause. Seeing passed their cultural differences and acknowledging the good in them. Perhaps they may have had some serious bad luck and negative experiences with other humans that have left them doubting their own kind. There might be some serious resentment and hatred for humans and their hypocrisy. Driving these individuals to seek out different and "new" ideas in the Aldmeri Dominion.
    Edited by Nomadic_Atmoran on October 14, 2020 6:02AM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because that's where their pvp guild is ;)
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In most society's you get self hating individuals who might not like their own peoples and may empathise with the treatment of another race by their own. An Imperial for example might be horrified by the brutality of Pelinal and feel like despite what the elves have done he was too harsh etc.
    Edited by TheImperfect on October 20, 2020 2:42AM