The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Show ZOS some love <3

Elara_Northwind
Elara_Northwind
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello!! :)

I’m not usually one to sound like such a suck up to ZOS, as people who know me will be aware, so I apologise if it comes off that way. I always speak my mind, but my thoughts on this current issue on EU are probably quite different to many of yours, so please be kind and don't bash me for my opinions haha! :lol:

I know lots of people are having a bad night, after being so excited for the beautiful Greymoor, which honestly I think that ZOS outdid themselves on, and being unable to play it after all of that excitement is a disappointment, I know, I feel that too! So I thought that I would just post to say that I am sure ZOS are working as hard as they can, they are only human, and working from home must be a real struggle for them as it’s not really in an ideal situation, as is the case in any workplace right now! I am sure that they are all under enough stress about all of the issues at this time…

One extra day won’t hurt anybody to wait, and I don’t believe that anybody will really miss the 23p it costs per day to sub. In fact, I feel like these guys should be getting paid more right now, with all that they are most definitely going through to try and fix this for us, whilst not being in ideal circumstances, and after they created the absolute most beautiful zone in the game too, in my opinion <3

I understand that it is frustrating for people, but maybe just take a night off and watch Netflix, or play another game. I am sure that by this time tomorrow Greymoor will be ready, and it’s far better that it be ready than a buggy mess! It’s really sad to see all of the hatred directed towards these poor people who are forced to work apart and are obviously doing all that they can. Please show the people working hard in order for you to have your fun some love during these troubling times. They are working hard and doing all that they can!

I hope that everybody is staying safe and enjoying their night, even if Greymoor is postponed <3
Edited by Elara_Northwind on May 26, 2020 10:01PM
Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd show them some love from Western Skyrim, except I can't get in...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Ciana_Rilian
    Ciana_Rilian
    ✭✭✭
    if only it happend a couple of times. at one point it has to stop.
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive showed them love for paying them every month since release, what do i get back?, this crap every patch day, unacceptable performance and a company that cant be arsed to enter into meaningful dialog with its customers.

Sorry but its getting a bit thin these days.

Be safe and yes its a fantastic game which makes this even more disappointing.

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree! But whilst ZOS are all working at home, and not in their usual ideal environment, we can't expect miracles from them. I'm sure that they are all really stressing right now about this, far more than we are! Maybe with the next update, fine, people can moan if stuff isn't fixed, but the entire world is crazy right now. Things aren't exactly working as they usually would in general. It's not fair for everybody to be bashing them when they are trying their best while not having the resources and work environment that they usually would have.

• HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    Well said @Elara_Northwind There's plenty of over reaction, it is what it is .... I'm sure it will be working fine at some point tomorrow.
  • LordOsiris
    LordOsiris
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I wanna give a lot of love, no doubt, the performence seams to be much much better, also in cyrodiil (for now). But the loading screens turn me off, because I can't enjoy the performance boom. But I am pretty sure they fix it soon enough!
    If you wanna know more about me, check first here: eso-database.com/en/user/LordOsiris
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree! But whilst ZOS are all working at home, and not in their usual ideal environment, we can't expect miracles from them. I'm sure that they are all really stressing right now about this, far more than we are! Maybe with the next update, fine, people can moan if stuff isn't fixed, but the entire world is crazy right now. Things aren't exactly working as they usually would in general. It's not fair for everybody to be bashing them when they are trying their best while not having the resources and work environment that they usually would have.

It has absolutely nothing to do with working from home. The exact same *** happens every time.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Elara, it was absolutely the same before, when there were no Covid. Each update Steam users were off the boat on patch day, and ZOS was making maintenance in the night to fix issue for Steam. And I remember there was disaster in April 2018 so big, that they prolonged anniversary event for a week.
  • tracksilver
    tracksilver
    ✭✭
    Hello!! :)

I’m not usually one to sound like such a suck up to ZOS, as people who know me will be aware, so I apologise if it comes off that way. I always speak my mind, but my thoughts on this current issue on EU are probably quite different to many of yours, so please be kind and don't bash me for my opinions haha! :lol:

I know lots of people are having a bad night, after being so excited for the beautiful Greymoor, which honestly I think that ZOS outdid themselves on, and being unable to play it after all of that excitement is a disappointment, I know, I feel that too! So I thought that I would just post to say that I am sure ZOS are working as hard as they can, they are only human, and working from home must be a real struggle for them as it’s not really in an ideal situation, as is the case in any workplace right now! I am sure that they are all under enough stress about all of the issues at this time…

One extra day won’t hurt anybody to wait, and I don’t believe that anybody will really miss the 23p it costs per day to sub. In fact, I feel like these guys should be getting paid more right now, with all that they are most definitely going through to try and fix this for us, whilst not being in ideal circumstances, and after they created the absolute most beautiful zone in the game too, in my opinion <3

I understand that it is frustrating for people, but maybe just take a night off and watch Netflix, or play another game. I am sure that by this time tomorrow Greymoor will be ready, and it’s far better that it be ready than a buggy mess! It’s really sad to see all of the hatred directed towards these poor people who are forced to work apart and are obviously doing all that they can. Please show the people working hard in order for you to have your fun some love during these troubling times. They are working hard and doing all that they can!

I hope that everybody is staying safe and enjoying their night, even if Greymoor is postponed <3

There's a lot of people who work 12-16 hour shifts including during this pandemic. And to get 1-2 days off of work just to try out the new update is extremely difficult. Including if you used Time off (because you don't have a infinite supply here in the US) To just play a game you want to relieve some of the stress.

So as a frontline worker whos been putting in around 60+ hours a week, to come on my only day off of work and not be able to play sucks because now I'll have to wait another full week of 60+ hours to play again. So waiting a "Extra day" isn't a luxury a lot of players get.
  • Mcboland
    Mcboland
    ✭✭✭
    Love? It happens every xpac. They should show buyers more love.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Elara, it was absolutely the same before, when there were no Covid. Each update Steam users were off the boat on patch day, and ZOS was making maintenance in the night to fix issue for Steam. And I remember there was disaster in April 2018 so big, that they prolonged anniversary event for a week.

I know, usually I would not be making a post like this, I know that it is always broken in some way, I just feel like the team dealing with this are probably under an insane amount of stress right now :neutral:

• Coopersnow
    Coopersnow
    ✭✭✭
    Lol show them some love, ZOS isnt some indie company that lacks funds or whatever. ZoS is valued at 3 billion dollars and somehow they cant manage to do anything right. Cant manage to update their servers cant update their game cant do anything properly. Aint showing love untill they show improvment.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :heart:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ciana_Rilian
    Ciana_Rilian
    ✭✭✭

I have no personal experience with putting out an expansion on an MMO. However, i've read from people who claim to have experience with updating server/services from home and they claimed that it didn't affect them negativly at all. I perosnally believe the same is true, i've worked from home loads of time, and currently study from home. Afcours when it comes to updating an mmo this is no comparison, but the communication part of it is incredibly easy in my opinion.

Someone is literally just a click away at all times.

I don't feel like using the Covid pandemic as an excuse for this failure is right.

It would have failed regardless of Covid. Lets be honest, we all know that.

• Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want cyrodill working properly then they can shut up and take my money.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate your positive attitude :)

But this whole scene start too many years ago, and its worsening. The Waitmoor delay is just another layer of consecutive inaction towards player base: input delays and desychs not fixed: bad pve and pvp performance, refuse to acknowlegde veteran progression (vma, master weapons), empty promises of better performance with a failed schedule (i prefer dragonhold patch even with more loading screens), everlasting bugs, some with 5 years. Several PTS feedback ignored, CP changes delayed with no ETA, changes to core mechanics (ani cancel: block) causing more problems. And ofc PC EU, patch after patch, failing to perform with minimal standards.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, MMO launches are always rocky, and we're combining that with the entire studio working from home during a worldwide pandemic. They deserve some empathy here.

Also, you've all got offline Western Skyrim. Mod that up and it's even more beautiful than ESO. That'll give you a fix for a day or two if needed :smile:

803284-1396526584.jpg
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have no personal experience with putting out an expansion on an MMO. However, i've read from people who claim to have experience with updating server/services from home and they claimed that it didn't affect them negativly at all. I perosnally believe the same is true, i've worked from home loads of time, and currently study from home. Afcours when it comes to updating an mmo this is no comparison, but the communication part of it is incredibly easy in my opinion.

Someone is literally just a click away at all times.

I don't feel like using the Covid pandemic as an excuse for this failure is right.

It would have failed regardless of Covid. Lets be honest, we all know that.

I was working from home and it was actually very difficult in a company that is all about communication. I am back at work now, but its a slow process to introduce more people and is still very hard. With a company doing something to this scale.... Wow! Yes, This is 100% difficult for them, whilst working from home.

• Chibirobo
    Chibirobo
    Soul Shriven
    hey Zos just wanted to show some love I've been in this 30 sec wait timer for the past 10 minutes. Really cool feature. I love it.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm normally all for being nice and hooray this or that for ZoS, but after 6+ years of the same crapola my team spirit animal went back into the crown crate.

This is about as much love as many of us are able to give at the moment.

Sorry, not sorry

<3,
    Your veteran playerbase

source.gif
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • o4m
    o4m
    ✭✭✭
    Ya, give love a re-try!
    CP160+ Ohm - Templar, ex-emp

*Anti-Troll*
  • MachineGod
    MachineGod
    ✭✭✭
    This comes off as a bait post honestly.
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    I totaly agree after our hours long ranting. We aint Francis.. but we act like him somehow.. ranting but loving.. so:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOgpT5rEKIU

ps.. ok for real: thanks all. and excuseee mee for this troll song please.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I don’t think so, and all issues existed prior to COVID-19.

ESO’s game performance as a whole, especially on console, is truly abysmal. Keep in mind it was significantly better and then degraded overtime.

There is no excuse for that. Greymoor is having monumental launch issues and yet there is a 500 Crown Gem ($200+) mount in the Crown Store. How is that acceptable?
  • seerevaloc
    seerevaloc
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Elara,

Source of the problem isn't `1 more day without Greymoor`.
    It's a snowball effect rolling down since quite some time and splashed the ground today with this failed launch.

I think I can simply order the problems as following;

1) Communication failures
    ZoS Developer team isn't communicating enough with reasons of why they're doing stuff, in-line of what, according to what standards (as they're using this word quite a lot). Their road-map is unclear, what they have in mind is unclear and they love keeping it this way. People hate things they can't predict.

2) Hypocrisy
    e.g.
    They have changed let's say 2 places in-game:
    1) Veteran Asylum Sanctorum +2: Now every new Concentrated Force dropped there won't have unique value, instead XXX. It's fine. But changed the weapons in our inventories too, which we dropped before Greymoor chapter. It is disadvantage for us. But happened.
    2) Veteran Maelstrom Arena: Now every new Crushing Wall has changed too. And we have looted our weapons before Greymoor, but this time they don't change the weapons in our inventories. Because it is to our advantage.

This approach isn't acceptable. Either do both or don't. It's a personal decision of someone in the Developer Team and this approach cannot deserve any respect.

3) Unending and unfruitful lies:
    They have promised us to eliminate or reduce in-game lags, desyncs, FPS spikes, and bugs. We have re-downloaded the whole game for this. The result was only regret & disappointment. Since I joined this game nearly 8-9 months ago, I have seen 3-4 updates which `Fixing` exactly the same things all over again. It's either game is dead, or the team is lying.

4) Dishonesty:
    e.g.
    Currently Followed Policy
    > Buff A,B,C,D by 50%-70% (they're aware and noting this to be fixed 2 patches later)
    1 month later:
    > Buff E,F,G,H by 50%-70%
    2 months later:
    > Hammer A,B,C,D by 50/70%
    1.5 months later:
    > Buff P,N,R,T by 50-70%
    1.5 months later:
    > Hammer E,F,G,H by 50-70%
    and so on.

ESO Combat Team meeting with the Managing Board:
    > Yes Sir, we're constantly working & keeping up to date in accordance with the community to make sure incomes are stable & increasing.

Fact:
    > They're actually creating their very own job need to secure their very own future to be able to tell "there is a roadmap" to higher echelons.
    > The only real workers are "Lore team, dungeon designers, text-writers, community managers" etc.

The Combat Team:
    > There is no such approach called "Buff 50% to Nerf 50% 2 months later" it's not tweaking. It's destruction. Its proof of they doesn't have any idea over what they are simply doing, proof of "No vision" at all.
    > There is a somehow ticking combat system, more or less satisfying. Fine-tune it, 5-10-15% and within 6-7 months you can find a sweet spot of skills/abilities in harmony.

5) And finally, the epic launch failure with Greymoor, where people were whining in the forums since the first day about their unhappiness with many changes included, it's announced but no-one cared at all.
    ----

And Forum Moderators are removing messages secretly from all over the places. There is heavy censorship here. They want us to write all this on Twitter I think after tagging all devs & company owners and start a Mexican wave there. Do not remove messages like this please. It's uncivil and autocratic.

I can count more, but I will not bother myself. I just wanted to say it's not `late launch` that raging people.

Sincerely!
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MachineGod wrote: »
    This comes off as a bait post honestly.

I don't think so. Elara has generally struck me as a straight-forward person who says what they actually think.

I may totally disagree with Elara's point of view in this thread, but I can't fault their intentions.
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    No I don’t think so, and all issues existed prior to COVID-19.

ESO’s game performance as a whole, especially on console, is truly abysmal. Keep in mind it was significantly better and then degraded overtime.

There is no excuse for that. Greymoor is having monumental launch issues and yet there is a 500 Crown Gem ($200+) mount in the Crown Store. How is that acceptable?

2k are Euro 20 if i remember right.. 21k you get for 200
    Edited by Atreidus on May 26, 2020 10:26PM
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, i don't think so, they deserve every bit of criticism they are getting at the moment.

It's one thing to make a mistake, it's another to not solve really bad problems after years, so no my patience has run out a long time ago.

I'm not playing the game and did not buy greymoor so that should tell you something. The lag, the really strange and unintuitive, or even stupid changes from patch to patch, the refusal of zos to do better than just put forward a few new things and then be done with it... I could go on and on, it's not just a one time mistake, it's just the general attitude and laziness when approaching problems and solutions, that's the major offender.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My love has to be earned, and nerfing me repeatedly then forcing me to go back to buggy content is not the way you earn it.
  • DracoSaggitaExSole
    DracoSaggitaExSole
    ✭✭✭
    I will show them love when I see that they care about making the game work well, balanced, and non laggy. I refuse to show them any love when I see that they just add an extra zone in with a pay wall on top of a subscription into a poorly performing game.

First make the game functioning properly.

Than add content, and for subscribers who already pay make it accessible.

Its the annual cash grab solely for extra monetization, that they failed to deliver. No love for the greedy...