The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Prove me wrong

Jaxious79
Jaxious79
✭✭✭✭
The insane, ridiculous and down right sad responses we are seeing on here and EVERY OTHER MMORPG on content release is why ALL video gamers get a bad reputation.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bait attempt 2/10
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well it's not the only reason, but it is a contributing factor.
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure.
    You are wrong.
  • Jaxious79
    Jaxious79
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    Bait attempt 2/10

Cant prove me wrong...
    0/10
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaxious79 wrote: »
    The insane, ridiculous and down right sad responses we are seeing on here and EVERY OTHER MMORPG on content release is why ALL video gamers get a bad reputation.

If you say so ......yawn, yawnnnn.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Faerugue
    Faerugue
    ✭✭
    What does this ('every other MMORPG' in caps) have to do with anything...

And yes, it's a contributing factor - why would this have to be proven or disproven?

Communication should be a two way thing.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bait attempt 2/10

Cant prove me wrong...
    0/10

Can't prove you are right either. Just gonna wait for your citations written in MLA formatting with proper alignment... Actually do we all even have that amount of time available for that to happen..?
  • Jaxious79
    Jaxious79
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faerugue wrote: »

And yes, it's a contributing factor - why would this have to be proven or disproven?

Because those screaming at the sky think this is only a ZOS thing when it happens to EVERY MMORPG.
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because those screaming at the sky think this is only a ZOS thing when it happens to EVERY MMORPG.

It doesn’t happen like this with every MMO tho .. The last MMO expansion launch I was a part of was FFXIV: shadowbringers. I even took the launch day off so I could play and I don’t remember having any issues at all. No lag, no rollbacks, no infinite loading screens etc. the only negative I remember was that there was a huge queue to get onto my server.
  • Faerugue
    Faerugue
    ✭✭

Then you haven't read all that much. There's many responses without anything about the sky falling or the world ending that are pointing out for instance that this is a repeat occurrence (re: Elsweyr), which is quite frustrating, partially due to the very unfortunate combination of factors...

Also, as stated: communication is a two way thing. With the server being down just about the whole day, why shouldn't people ask for instance about the daily rewards: they log in every day for those rewards, and now just about everyone will miss out on one of these rewards. It shouldn't be all that difficult for anyone at ZOS playing the game themselves to figure out that something should at least be done there? I see these types of questions on several media... mostly without any drama

Maybe I should ask what exactly is the point of your statement?

I must say I've seen quite a few instances that went a lot smoother than several I've seen for this game. Not only for big updates, but for instance for events and such as well (and yes, also some that probably will be worse than this one, if all is fixed in the few hours they now have scheduled again)
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've obviously never been at a Starbucks when they ran out of a popular drink...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭

Troll bait and attacking of the whole community. Plus a maybe payed worker ranting about we are demanding a working product for our money. Why we shall say "thanks." or so anyways? You do ignore all of your error reports, suggestions and whatever anyways. Since years.
    Thats why some developers are having gotten souch a bad reputation.

I mean: i was nice ..sayed thanks(for even working and testing for you for free).. Gotten a buttkick from your community management. This times are over.

ps.: don´t take this as a offense please. I know it are stressfull times.
    Edited by Atreidus on May 26, 2020 9:41PM
  • Jaxious79
    Jaxious79
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »

It doesn’t happen like this with every MMO tho .. The last MMO expansion launch I was a part of was FFXIV: shadowbringers. I even took the launch day off so I could play and I don’t remember having any issues at all. No lag, no rollbacks, no infinite loading screens etc. the only negative I remember was that there was a huge queue to get onto my server.

Quick Google search says you are wrong.

https://twinfinite.net/2019/06/ffxiv-shadowbringers-how-to-fix-lobby-server-error-5006/
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭

It doesn't happen nearly as often to other MMOs and the devs fix is usually much faster than ZOS.
    ZOS are very lucky that there is barely anything else other than ESO in the action MMORPG genre right now, and this may change in the future...
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prove me wrong

Lol who cares.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, if you don't actually want to use your posting privileges, you could just stay away from the forums while they are on fire, rather than going on a trolling spree right after you just got out of the ban box. 'Cuz that'll land you right back in there.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Atreidus wrote: »

Troll bait and attacking of the whole community. Plus a maybe payed worker ranting about we are demanding a working product for our money. Why we shall say "thanks." or so anyways? You do ignore all of your error reports, suggestions and whatever anyways. Since years.
    Thats why some developers are havig gotten souch a bad reputation.

This. And even if it were true, that should not give devs a free pass. Unless, of course, Jaxious is one. 😉
    Edited by The_Lex on May 26, 2020 9:41PM
  • Jaxious79
    Jaxious79
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wyrd88 wrote: »
    Prove me wrong

Lol who cares.

Hey just adding a different type of post. A page full "compensation" "devs are incompetent" "only mmo that has issues threads". I dont care just adding variety to discussion board.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is useless without poll.

Option A. Servers are working like intended, MMORPG players are just whiners
    Option B. Permaban OP
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on May 26, 2020 9:43PM
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ur mum
  • Gorrvald
    Gorrvald
    ✭✭

Yes. And I thought the music scene was toxic (a decade of touring).
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have you considered that the gaming industry has an appalling record of delivering customer service and is often called out for making promises that it can’t deliver? Potentially, gamers - also “customers” - are used to having sales promises delivered by other organisations in sales and services industries and are therefore frustrated when games companies appear to give not a flying feck about them.

Have you considered that you’re looking at a forum for a game that has a history of declining performance, and where the latest and most expensive update failed to launch properly the first time due to entirely foreseeable quality control issues, and then failed to launch properly the second time, and is about to go in for a third try?

So, you can lump us all together and like any troll, you can attempt to incite a riot...... or you can simply see the situation for what it is and has some empathy for those who are quite simply not being treated well as paying customers and who are frustrated by that.
  • Jaxious79
    Jaxious79
    ✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    I mean, if you don't actually want to use your posting privileges, you could just stay away from the forums while they are on fire, rather than going on a trolling spree right after you just got out of the ban box. 'Cuz that'll land you right back in there.

That's the issue if a poster doesnt jump on your doom and gloom we want heads on a stick bandwagon its trolling and every post gets reported and of course the moderators who I agree are pretty bad ban some just to appease the foaming at the mouth vocal minority.
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    Atreidus wrote: »

Thats why some developers are havig gotten souch a bad reputation.

This. And even if it were true, that should not give devs a free pass. Unless, of course, Jaxious is one. 😉

I had edited this a bit to making it not looking that bad. More like a 2 sided perspective.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't speak about many other games but i played GW2 for several years and over all those years - with 2 expansion releases and multiple smaller content updates - total! server downtime was lower than ESO downtime on a single patch day.

And since aforementioned game just had a content update today i quickly glanced over the official forums - and the difference compared to ESO is like night and day. Because surprise, surprise - that game is actually playable. On a patchday. Just imagine ...

You got proven wrong.

• Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »

Quick Google search says you are wrong.

https://twinfinite.net/2019/06/ffxiv-shadowbringers-how-to-fix-lobby-server-error-5006/

Well done posting an article you didn’t read past the title.
    Article date: 6/28 shadowbringers official launch: 7/2
  • Jaxious79
    Jaxious79
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Can't speak about many other games but i played GW2 for several years and over all those years - with 2 expansion releases and multiple smaller content updates - total! server downtime was lower than ESO downtime on a single patch day.

And since aforementioned game just had a content update today i quickly glanced over the official forums - and the difference compared to ESO is like night and day. Because surprise, surprise - that game is actually playable. On a patchday. Just imagine ...

You got proven wrong.

Wrong...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/68994/insane-lag-and-server-delays
  • Jaxious79
    Jaxious79
    ✭✭✭✭

You got proven wrong.

Wrong. Please try again...

https://mobile.twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/1259954065749839873?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/105277/account-character-rollback-issue-5-11-2020-anet-response/p6
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You got proven wrong.

Wrong...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/68994/insane-lag-and-server-delays

Nobody was talking about "lag free". Your argument is invalid. Try again.
This discussion has been closed.